What's new

New speakers all around or new front 3? (1 Viewer)

Nick L

Second Unit
I am buying some new HT speakers and am trying to decide on whether or not to buy new surrounds. Currently I have Kef Q7's with a Q9c and Klipsch SS.5 surrounds. My basement was flooded this summer and the Q7's were ruined. I am now looking at some new speakers. One of the options I am looking at is Paradigm Mini Monitors+CC290+APD390. That consumes most of my budget, but it would give me the same sound quality/timbre all the way around the channels. What I'm wondering is, those of you who have the same series surrounds as fronts. What difference does it make? Does it make a significant difference over having non-matching surrounds? If I take the surrounds out and just replace the front 3, I would be looking at the Studio 20/cc590(using the paradigm brand only as an example) and don't want to give up a nicer front 3 if the surrounds aren't going to make a big impact.

Thanks.
Nick

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
I have a pair of Polk surrounds and JBL mains and center and it sounds fine. So, you should be ok with a new front end. Timbre matching across the front is much more important than trying to get the surrounds to timbre match as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks