Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

New speakers all around or new front 3?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Nick L

Nick L

Second Unit

• 288 posts

Posted July 24 2008 - 03:50 AM

I am buying some new HT speakers and am trying to decide on whether or not to buy new surrounds. Currently I have Kef Q7's with a Q9c and Klipsch SS.5 surrounds. My basement was flooded this summer and the Q7's were ruined. I am now looking at some new speakers. One of the options I am looking at is Paradigm Mini Monitors+CC290+APD390. That consumes most of my budget, but it would give me the same sound quality/timbre all the way around the channels. What I'm wondering is, those of you who have the same series surrounds as fronts. What difference does it make? Does it make a significant difference over having non-matching surrounds? If I take the surrounds out and just replace the front 3, I would be looking at the Studio 20/cc590(using the paradigm brand only as an example) and don't want to give up a nicer front 3 if the surrounds aren't going to make a big impact. Thanks. Nick
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Gary Shipley

Gary Shipley

Second Unit

• 281 posts

Posted July 24 2008 - 08:55 AM

I have a pair of Polk surrounds and JBL mains and center and it sounds fine. So, you should be ok with a new front end. Timbre matching across the front is much more important than trying to get the surrounds to timbre match as well.
Gary Shipley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users