What's new

HTF Support in a Contest (1 Viewer)

Jacinto

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacinto
Fellow HTFers,

I come to you asking a small favor that would mean a great deal to me. Some of you may remember that I was in an online comic competition back in February (I posted about it in the Comics Weekly Rundown thread). The competition was on Zuda Comics, which is DC Comics' online imprint. The prize for the winner was a one-year contract with DC to continue their comic online. Heartbreakingly, I finished in second place. However, in April, Zuda announced that July's competition would be an "All-Star" contest, with readers of the site nominating their ten favorite non-winners from past contests. Well, as luck would have it, I got voted back in, so I had to crank out 8 new pages of material. So here I am, competing again for my shot at the contract.

What I need now are more votes. I've already clawed my way up from 6th place, to 5th, to 3rd in the rank updates for the first two full weeks of the contest. The whole process of registering on Zuda Comics | Read. Vote. Create. and voting only takes about 5 minutes, but if you actually want to read my comic, called Joe Comics, it may take another 10 minutes to make it through the 16 pages. And please, let me know what you think of my work -- I'd love as much feedback as possible! With the support of the AH Lounge crowd on the HTF, I think I can make this happen, so I'd really appreciate your help if you can spare the few minutes of time. The competition ends in the middle of the last day of July.

Well, I'm off for my annual pilgrimage to Artists Alley in the San Diego Comicon, so wish me luck! Thanks in advance.

Humbly,

-Jacinto "Chachi" Hernandez

Jacinto

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacinto
Thanks, Bob! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Next time you need a small favor from a stranger that takes only a few minutes, give me a holler! I will definitely be updating this thread with the results on Thursday the 31st.

BrettV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brett Voss
Good luck.

I voted you 5-stars and as "my vote."

Then I downvoted #1 and #2 -- mainly because I think yours is the best.

You have a lot of talent. Great luck to you.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Glancing at the website, I skipped yours initially since the icon looked like a cheap ripoff of GI Joe. But I went back and read it; it was fun. You're a skilled artist with a good sense of the comic style. The writing was very sharp with Palindrome. I also liked Red Rover, and Joe's ViewMaster gun
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

I read last year's winner and was unimpressed. The art was intriguing but the writing was stilted and felt more like a draft of an idea than a complete story. Is your previous entry available to read?

Jacinto

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacinto
Thanks everybody! Your support is really appreciated.

Dave P - Everything is penciled and inked by hnand, scanned, colored in Photoshop, and then lettered in InDesign.

Dave F - Initial submissions are eight pages, so mine was the first eight pages of Joe Comics. The contestants voted back in for July' competition had to create 8 new pages of material for the same comic they did the first time around. So all ten competitors this month have 16 pages worth of material instead of the standard eight.

Thanks again,

Chachi

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks