#1 of 6 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

Nutter

• 14,810 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted July 22 2008 - 06:07 AM

I WANT TO BELIEVE

"Sam, you are the biggest nutter we have here."

Blog: Navesink.net - My Flickr Stream - Dolby Atmos Discussion Thread - Updates at Twitter - Join the HTF Flickr Pool

#2 of 6 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Advanced Member

• 37,311 posts

Posted July 22 2008 - 06:33 AM

Holy shit!

Something else I have to buy from Apple?

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#3 of 6 Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 4,469 posts

Posted July 22 2008 - 06:37 AM

Shiny!

- Walter.
Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#4 of 6 DavidJ

DavidJ

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Posted July 22 2008 - 07:17 AM

I want to believe too. That looks totally awesome.

#5 of 6 DaveF

DaveF

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 12,531 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted July 22 2008 - 09:58 AM

First, I doubt that Apple, with a touch interface for the iPhone so new that they still haven't figured out the fundamental cut-and-paste, has come up with an appropriate interface for whole-computer touch system.

And I don't see the value of going the traditional bolt-on approach (unchanged OS with pen-interface added) since six years of tablets from Windows suggests that no one really wants a tablet. They're too expensive for the power, too heavy for their size, and the interface is too kludgy compared to normal desktop keyboard & mouse.

I'd love to be wrong on this. I've been dreaming of the ideal scientists tablet computer for a decade now. I think such a tool with appropriate software could revolutionize the way students, scientists and engineers work. Or at least solve many practical problems. But the software and hardware doesn't exist, and I don't see any signs of it coming.

But if true, it would suck to be ModBook.

(caveat: a super-iPhone tablet I'd believe. Something like an 8" ultra portable with 960x540 screen -- 50% of 1080p -- with the iPhone OS X, not desktop OS X. That seems much more likely than a MacBook Tablet with traditional OS X.)

#6 of 6 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

Nutter

• 14,810 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted July 23 2008 - 02:22 AM

I gotcha Dave. Hence the X-Files reference since we agree that this is pretty unlikely. I don't doubt that Apple will eventually make some kind of tablet, but when they do I expect it to be unlike anything anyone else is making and have its fair share of things that people find infuriating, only to be cured over 4 convenient yearly revs =)

Of course, I want a desktop Mac that doesnt cost $3k more than I want this, but YCAGWYW, especially not from Apple.

"Sam, you are the biggest nutter we have here."

Blog: Navesink.net - My Flickr Stream - Dolby Atmos Discussion Thread - Updates at Twitter - Join the HTF Flickr Pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users