Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

headphone suggestion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Franklin

Franklin

Agent

• 29 posts

Posted July 22 2008 - 02:45 AM

hey all, im in the market for a new set of headphones. can anyone recommend any? i'm a fan of klipsch, but i'm not a huge fan of in-ear buds in general. does anyone have, or have tried, the klipsch customs? i'm looking for a pair in the 100-150 range. thanks!

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor

• 931 posts

Posted July 22 2008 - 04:13 AM

The next question is open or closed? If you like open, the Grado SR125 is a very nice set of cans in your price range. Q Audio has them for $149, agood price from a very good vendor. FTR, I havr no connection except as a satisfied customer.
Dan

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Franklin

Franklin

Agent

• 29 posts

Posted July 22 2008 - 04:48 AM

im thinking closed is the way to go for me. thanks for the link, dan!

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Franklin

Franklin

Agent

• 29 posts

Posted July 25 2008 - 11:51 AM

so i went to B&H in NY (down the street from work) and picked up a pair of grado SR60's. these things sound great...however like the reviews i've read online say, there is a good deal of sound leakage. enough to make me want to return them and get another pair with a closed design as i think they will go over well with my co-workers. i really would like to keep the grados, but right now im looking at the sennheiser HD280, and possibly the sony MDR7506 to replace them. any thoughts?

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter

• 1,699 posts

Posted July 25 2008 - 12:52 PM

I'm really fond of my Grado SR80s... but yes, they're not for keeping your sound close to yourself. But I can also wear 'em for two hours straight. That's one thing about living in New York - you're close to B+H!