128 replies to this topic

#121 of 129 chas speed

chas speed

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted October 02 2010 - 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by younger1968 

i love to see S3 released on 2011. I have S1-S2 on dvd and have watched several episodes. This is classic series that i remember watching the show in the 1980s like around midnight.

Universal seems to have very little interest in releasing any TV shows on DVD. They are just farming them out to Image or Shout Factory.  Considering it was the season that Universal and NBC seemed to take over the show so they could cancel it, I am guessing they won't bother.

#122 of 129 Van594

Van594

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted October 02 2010 - 11:46 AM

I'm holding out hope...there was quite a delay in getting the second season out so plausible. It would seem stupid to stop now with only one more season left to release. I'm sure it would sell well enough to make it worth it between all the people that bought the first two seasons and the people that wait for a series to be complete before buying.  I hope they don't farm it out but if thats the only way to get it released I would take it.

Huge Rod Serling fan (though I know he had his gripes with NG) and need the last one to complete the TZ/NG collection. I've even visited his grave site which is in a small town in the Finger Lakes region of NYS, near where I live.

#123 of 129 younger1968

younger1968

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts

Posted October 02 2010 - 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Van594 

I'm holding out hope...there was quite a delay in getting the second season out so plausible. It would seem stupid to stop now with only one more season left to release. I'm sure it would sell well enough to make it worth it between all the people that bought the first two seasons and the people that wait for a series to be complete before buying.  I hope they don't farm it out but if thats the only way to get it released I would take it.

Huge Rod Serling fan (though I know he had his gripes with NG) and need the last one to complete the TZ/NG collection. I've even visited his grave site which is in a small town in the Finger Lakes region of NYS, near where I live.

I would agree with your posting. It is only one season left of the show. S3 was only a short season as well

• "Return of the Sorcerer" – Cast: Vincent Price, Patricia Sterling, Bill Bixby
  • "The Girl with the Hungry Eyes" – Cast: James Farentino, John Astin, Joanna Pettet
  • "Fright Night" – Cast: Stuart Whitman, Barbara Anderson, Alan Napier
  • "Rare Objects" – Written by Rod Serling, Cast: Mickey Rooney, Raymond Massey
  • "Spectre in Tap-Shoes" – Cast: Sandra Dee, Dane Clark, Christopher Connelly
  • "The Ring with the Red Velvet Ropes" – Cast: Gary Lockwood, Joan van Ark, Chuck Connors
  • "You Can Come Up Now, Mrs. Millikan" – Cast: Ozzie Nelson, Harriet Nelson, Roger Davis, Michael Lerner
  • "Smile, Please" – Cast: Cesare Danova, Lindsay Wagner
  • "The Other Way Out" – Cast: Burl Ives, Ross Martin
  • "Finnegan’s Flight" – Written by Rod Serling, Cast: Burgess Meredith, Cameron Mitchell, Barry Sullivan
  • "She’ll Be Company for You" – Cast: Leonard Nimoy, Lorraine Gary, Kathryn Hays
  • "Something in the Woodwork" – Cast: Leif Erickson, Paul Jenkins, John McMurtry, Geraldine Page, Barbara Rhoades
  • "Death on a Barge" – Cast: Lesley Ann Warren, Lou Antonio, Brooke Bundy, Robert Pratt, Director: Leonard Nimoy
  • "Whisper" – Cast: Dean Stockwell, Sally Field
  • "The Doll of Death" – Cast: Susan Strasberg, Alejandro Rey
  • "Hatred unto Death" – Cast: Steve Forrest, Dina Merrill, Fernando Lamas
  • "How to Cure the Common Vampire"
  • "Die Now, Pay Later" – Cast: Will Geer, Slim Pickens
  • "Room for One Less" – Cast: Lee Jay Lambert, James Metropole
 If you look at when the dvd came out then you see S1 - 2004 and S2 - 2008. So, it makes me think that we could be 2 more years before the final season comes out.

I do like S1 and S2, so, that feeds my appetite along with Thriller/Outerlimits, etc.

#124 of 129 Jack P

Jack P

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts

Posted October 02 2010 - 12:41 PM

Keep in mind that Universal has *four* titles that only need one more season to be complete and all of them look to be stalled.    In addition to "Night Gallery", there's "Hardy Boys", "Black Sheep Squadron" and "Amazing Stories."     So they are not exactly a studio that has consideration for how much more needs to get out.

#125 of 129 younger1968

younger1968

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts

Posted October 02 2010 - 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jack P 

Keep in mind that Universal has *four* titles that only need one more season to be complete and all of them look to be stalled.    In addition to "Night Gallery", there's "Hardy Boys", "Black Sheep Squadron" and "Amazing Stories."     So they are not exactly a studio that has consideration for how much more needs to get out.

I understand what you are saying. It is just unfortunate the network takes certain stance. I feel dvd market earlier on was miss handled with so many releases early on. You could walk into major retailers and there would significant shelf space. However, 2007 set everything back and stores started to re-look at their shelf space and are not willing to carry the releases. So, the studios had to change their strategy around shows and re-focus their attentions to shows they could sell. I think you will see an uptick with dvds and studios will have certain plan releases over the next few years.

#126 of 129 younger1968

younger1968

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts

Posted October 16 2010 - 01:19 PM

i have watched several episodes and really enjoy S2. I think that i remember vaguely this show being on in syndication around 12AM on friday nights. In either case, it still is a great show.

#127 of 129 younger1968

younger1968

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts

Posted April 02 2011 - 01:36 PM

I have S1-S2 on dvd and love Night Gallery. I remember seeing the show at 12AM and love it. I have watched all the episodes again and there are some real dandies, like the professor that pays people to bring dead bodies or Bill Bixby as the loving husband (who meets his own demise). I was hoping the studio would release S3 as it would complete my set.

I also have Thriller as well, which is very similar to night gallery. They sure do not make shows like this anymore!!!

#128 of 129 younger1968

younger1968

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts

Posted April 17 2011 - 02:08 PM

I decided on sunday night to watch several episodes from S1 of Night Gallery. I watch the episode with Roddy McDowell as the nephew and the lady that wanted her sight. In both cases the episodes were well done!

#129 of 129 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Advanced Member

• 9,912 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted April 18 2011 - 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by younger1968 

I decided on sunday night to watch several episodes from S1 of Night Gallery. I watch the episode with Roddy McDowell as the nephew and the lady that wanted her sight. In both cases the episodes were well done!

I believe that was the pilot film. Steven Spielberg directed the Joan Crawford segment of the pilot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users