Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

WHV Press Release: A Christmas Story: Ultimate Collector's Edition (DVD/Blu-ray)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,606 posts

Posted July 07 2008 - 09:03 AM

A 25th Anniversary Tribute to the Original, Traditional, One-Hundred-Percent, Red-Blooded, Two-Fisted, All-American Christmas...

A CHRISTMAS STORY
ULTIMATE COLLECTOR’S EDITION

ON DVD & BLU-RAY™ HI- DEF NOVEMBER 4

Retro Tin Packaging Includes Great Goodies Perfect for Gift-Giving Season

Burbank, Calif., July 7, 2008 – On November 4, Warner Home Video serves up an old-fashioned holiday treat with DVD and Blu-ray™ Hi-Def Ultimate Collector’s Editions of celebrated humorist Jean Shepherd’s A Christmas Story to commemorate the film’s 25th Anniversary. Ingredients in the Two-Disc DVD version ($39.99 SRP) include five collectible cookie cutters in iconic Christmas Story shapes; a 48-page cook book filled with recipes inspired by the film; photos and quotes and a custom-designed chef’s apron.

All will be festively packaged in a collectible retro holiday cookie tin. Also in a nostalgic tin, A Christmas Story UCE Blu-ray™ Hi-Def ($49.99 SRP) will include a Leg Lamp light strand.

The stand alone, previously released single versions of the film are also available. The previously released Two-Disc Special Edition ($26.99 SRP) will be available in new Amaray packing. A Christmas Story Blu-ray™ Hi-Def will sell for $28.99 SRP.

About A Christmas Story

A Christmas Story, a nostalgic view of Christmastime in Indiana during the 1940s, stars Peter Billingsley as Ralphie, a nine-year-old who has only one thing on his Christmas list: a Red Ryder Carbine-Action 200-Shot Air Rifle. With his parents unwilling to buy him the gun because he might “shoot his eye out,” Ralphie decides to mount a full-scale, hint-dropping, Santa-begging campaign. He also endures a slew of calamities from snowsuit paralysis to the dreaded tongue-on-a-frozen-flagpole gambit. The New York Times calls A Christmas Story, “maybe the best Christmas movie ever.”

Special Features:
Disc 1
· Feature film (Widescreen)
Disc 2
· Commentary with Peter Billingsley and director/ co-writer Bob Clark
· Original readings by Jean Shepard, author and voice narrator of A Christmas Story
· Documentary: Another Christmas Story
· Featurette: Get a Leg Up
· Featurette: A History of the Daisy Red Ryder
· Triple Dog Dare Interactive Trivia
· Decoder Match Challenge
· Hidden “Presents”
· Original theatrical trailer

The Blu-ray™ Hi-Def edition will include the same special features all on one disc.

A Christmas Story Ultimate Collector’s Edition

Street Date: November 4, 2008
$39.99 SRP
Blu-ray™ Hi-Def Catalog
$49.99 SRP

A Christmas Story Two-Disc Special Edition
$26.99 SRP

A Christmas Story Blu-ray™ Hi-Def
$28.99 SRP

Feature Running Time: 93 minutes -- Rated: PG
16x9 Widescreen
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Jon Smith

Jon Smith

Stunt Coordinator

• 147 posts

Posted July 07 2008 - 10:22 AM

Sold!

Why is the commentary on Disc 2?

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Mike_Richardson

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor

• 639 posts

Posted July 07 2008 - 03:28 PM

What a waste of time. Sounds like it's the exact same disc that came out a couple of years ago, all those extras were on the prior release.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   JohnS

JohnS

Producer

• 4,605 posts

Posted July 07 2008 - 11:13 PM

It's Blu-ray.
SOLD!

all-banner.jpg

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   KellyVO

KellyVO

Stunt Coordinator

• 204 posts

Posted July 08 2008 - 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein
Also in a nostalgic tin, A Christmas Story UCE Blu-ray™ Hi-Def ($49.99 SRP) will include a Leg Lamp light strand.

Not fair I want a Leg Lamp light stand!

Oh well since I never got around to getting the 2-Disc DVD last Christmas I will ask for this and put it on my Christmas list for this year!
Most Wanted on DVD: Dragonwyck (1946),  Little Nellie Kelly (1940), Bachelor Mother (1939), Tin Pan Alley (1940), Mother Wore Tights (1947), The Devil and Miss Jones (1941),  Penelope (1966)Fox Please release Betty Grable Vol. 2!

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Mike_Richardson

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor

• 639 posts

Posted July 08 2008 - 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnS
It's Blu-ray.
SOLD!

It's already ON Blu-Ray.

You're excited about the apron then?

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Jon Smith

Jon Smith

Stunt Coordinator

• 147 posts

Posted July 08 2008 - 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Richardson
What a waste of time. Sounds like it's the exact same disc that came out a couple of years ago, all those extras were on the prior release.

I didn't even know that! I always thought the current releases were bare bones. I do live in R2 land however, so it could have slipped me by quite easily.

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,906 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted July 09 2008 - 12:09 AM

Wow. I was going to pick up the standard this year but I'll wait and grab this when I finally buy a BR player. Cool!
Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

Forum Nav Content I Follow