What's new

PROJECT UFO? (1 Viewer)

Charles Thaxton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Charles Thaxton
A while back there was an online mention that the rights to Jack Webb's PROJECT UFO series had been secured and there would be a DVD release. Has anyone heard or seen more news about this series or a potential release date?

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
Charles Thaxton said:
A while back there was an online mention that the rights to Jack Webb's PROJECT UFO series had been secured and there would be a DVD release. Has anyone heard or seen more news about this series or a potential release date?
There were rumors that Arts Alliance America had secured the rights the "Project UFO" but it turned out that it was nothing more than just a rumor; see TVShowsonDVD:
Project U.F.O. DVD news: Correction about our Project U.F.O. Report | TVShowsOnDVD.com

Scott511

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
A friend of mine recently emailed Paramount about several series he is interested in seeing on DVD. Jeffrey Nemerovski of CBS Home Entertainment responded and had this to say about Project U.F.O.: CBS no longer has any rights to PROJECT: U.F.O. After going through my friends series request one by one he had this to say in closing: Thanks, as always, for your input. Unfortunately, we are in the latter days of DVD as a format and it now getting really hard to make things viable for release. The rights to Project U.F.O. seemed to have changed through the years with company sell offs, mergers, etc. Makes me very curious as to who owns the rights now as it sounds as if CBS DID own them at one point as many of us have believed.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
That's very odd news since as part of the Worldvision library the rights should have stayed with CBS/Paramount. Do they have information on who *does* have the rights now?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks