-

Photo
- - - - -

Burn Notice Season 2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
110 replies to this topic

#1 of 111 JohnS

JohnS

Producer

• 4,473 posts

Posted July 04 2008 - 01:55 PM

Burn Notice S2 starts July 10th

What a terrific TV show.
I loved the first season and can't wait to see
what happens to Michael in season 2.

Where we last left off, Michael was in a sports car
being led into a semi trailer to be taken somewhere.

all-banner.jpg

#2 of 111 Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,449 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted July 04 2008 - 06:19 PM

I think he becomes the new Knight Rider. Posted Image

I really enjoyed reviewing the DVD set.
One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#3 of 111 troy evans

troy evans

Screenwriter

• 1,294 posts

Posted July 04 2008 - 07:03 PM

Burn Notice is one of the best shows in the past 20 years, easy. I was able to catch a few episodes on cables initial run, but, time restraints and life keep me from following regularly scheduled programming. One of the greatest things about dvd is now I'm all caught up and what an amazing show. After seeing a few episodes this show was a must buy. I'm ready for season 2 and the following dvd release of season 2 should life come into play. Posted Image
" I think it's time we go to plan B". "What's plan B?" "That's the one where we don't do something stupid".

#4 of 111 Marty M

Marty M

Screenwriter

• 2,918 posts

Posted July 05 2008 - 06:04 AM

I started watching this show a little while ago when our cable system added USA Network in HD. I will start watching this when season 2 begins.
Lawn Ranger Motto: You're only young once, but you can be always be immature.

#5 of 111 Zack Gibbs

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter

• 1,687 posts

Posted July 05 2008 - 09:37 AM

I thought the show started out very rough but by the end I was definitely hooked. Looking forward to Thursday.
"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a DARK KNIGHT."

#6 of 111 Abby_B

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

• 607 posts

Posted July 07 2008 - 08:45 AM

I can't believe that it is starting so soon!! I feel like i have been waiting for July 10th for forever!! I agree that this is one of the best shows on tv in a long time...so smart and funny and what an incredible looking cast!

Also, for those of you who need to catch up before the season starts but dont have time to get the DVDs they have full episodes on the USA website also..

I wonder what will happen to Michael this season too.. I really hope that they go into why he was burned...

#7 of 111 Ed Moroughan

Ed Moroughan

Second Unit

• 377 posts
  • LocationStar Lake, NY

Posted July 07 2008 - 11:14 AM

I couldn't believe how good this show turned out to be. I am counting down the hours til the premiere Thursday. Also Monk and Psych are back! Yay for USA! Posted Image

#8 of 111 Zack Gibbs

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter

• 1,687 posts

Posted July 11 2008 - 08:58 AM

Anyone catch the season opener? Unfortunately I realized it was 6 on the phone after seeing her name in the credits, so I saw the ending coming.
"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a DARK KNIGHT."

#9 of 111 Ed Moroughan

Ed Moroughan

Second Unit

• 377 posts
  • LocationStar Lake, NY

Posted July 11 2008 - 04:56 PM

Yes, I thought it was pretty good too, set up this season well with a new "villain?" and new jobs for Michael. Plus Fiona was wearing some damn nice outfits! Posted Image

#10 of 111 Joe_H

Joe_H

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted July 11 2008 - 05:25 PM

Good episode, though one little thing bothered me. I still really have no idea why Fiona would be pissed about the situation, he called her as soon as he realized, it seemed like she had no reason to be upset other. Then again, that's almost entirely within her character so it works I guess.

#11 of 111 ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,496 posts

Posted July 12 2008 - 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack Gibbs
Anyone catch the season opener? Unfortunately I realized it was 6 on the phone after seeing her name in the credits, so I saw the ending coming.

Yes, I caught it. I thought it was a strong episode, and I loved the twist to last season’s cliffhanger.

#12 of 111 DavidJ

DavidJ

Screenwriter

• 2,523 posts

Posted July 13 2008 - 08:58 AM

Really enjoyed the episode and glad that the show is back. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Obviously the people he is now working for are not what you would call nice. I imagine that this will lead to some conflict and that Michael's loved ones will be in jeopardy from time to time.

#13 of 111 Will_C

Will_C

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted July 13 2008 - 09:10 AM

With all the strings this organization pulled to get the CIA and NSA to burn Michael and the FBI and the CSS to follow him around and make sure he doesn't cause trouble, it almost has a Project Cadmus feel to it. I know that's drawing a really strange parallel between two vastly different shows, but it has that whole power brokers feel to it. Or if anyone saw Mel Gibson's Conspiracy Theory, it's sorta like a move in the game between the established organizations/families with historic legacies and vast fortunes and the relatively recent Eisenhower military-industrial complex. Just a few thoughts.
Rick Hunter
USMC Force Recon Scout Sniper
"If you run, you'll only die tired."

#14 of 111 Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted July 13 2008 - 02:24 PM

I got caught up with season one last week and loved every moment of it, Michael Westin is the coolest cat on TV and makes me wish I were a spy. Posted Image He completely rectified his tainted image for me from when he played that slimy astronaut in season 4 of Monk hehe.

Love his wardrobe, too, would love to dress like him but he wears Armani and i'm a poor sum bitch so that's out. Posted Image

The fun for me in this show is just listening to him speak, his narrations are so smart, clever and full of in-the-know spy stuff that when he's explaining how to get around a situation or building a tracking device from a cheap cell phone your hanging on every word lol.

Couple that with the beautiful city of Miami and Bruce Campbell (i'd follow that dude to hell, one of my favorite actors ever) and you've got one good time. The season premiere was great, loved Sam's line about Michael wearing "doll cloths" when he tried to get into one of his shirts lol.
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#15 of 111 Sylvia*ST

Sylvia*ST

Stunt Coordinator

• 93 posts

Posted July 13 2008 - 03:26 PM

I thought the season 2 opener was excellent, every bit as good as last season, which I adored. I especially liked the way Michael and his family sort of made peace with each other, and Sharon Gless seemed toned down a bit, which is a good thing. Too quirky or whiny gets old fast.

#16 of 111 Abby_B

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

• 607 posts

Posted July 17 2008 - 08:46 AM

The season opener was fabulous.. SO many good parts its hard to name them all..

First of all, im glad that Fi backed away from Michael, they will be a great couple eventually but their angst is just too fun to watch...

Second, the doll clothes comment was hysterical

Third, Carla is certainly gonna be an intriguing character, cant wait to see what happens with that...

Fourth, Fi's flirting act at Iso-Gene, hilarious

According to TV Guide, in the episode tonight "A woman seeks Michael's help with a cartel soldier who is stalking her. Michael works to turn the organization against the man so he will leave her alone."... Man, totally in agreement with Inspector Hammer, Michael is the coolest character on TV....

#17 of 111 Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,302 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted July 17 2008 - 09:05 AM

Quote:
He completely rectified his tainted image for me from when he played that slimy astronaut in season 4 of Monk hehe.

Did you ever see him in the U.S. version of Touching Evil? Very good, very quirky. The few episodes produced turn up on Universal HD from time to time. Worth checking out. (There's probably also a DVD set out there. I'm on an extra-tight budget at the moment, so I'm avoiding temptation by not even researching DVD sets of shows I like. Posted Image)

Regards,

Joe

#18 of 111 JohnS

JohnS

Producer

• 4,473 posts

Posted July 17 2008 - 11:33 AM

I'll agree with all that's been said.
The season 2 premiere was EXCELLENT.
Glad to see nothing has changed.
The show moves so smooth.
Great narration.
and wonderful chemistry between the three characters.

all-banner.jpg

#19 of 111 Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,148 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted July 17 2008 - 04:04 PM

I was hoping for a more radical impact from that season finale. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the comfortable dynamic, but it's constantly in danger of getting stale. I like "Carla" well enough, but her arc better not carry farther than this season.

#20 of 111 JohnS

JohnS

Producer

• 4,473 posts

Posted July 18 2008 - 07:12 AM

Episode 2
Turn and Burn

Another good episode.
I liked Michael's character picking up the fake ID cards near the end
and trying to figure out which one was real and which one was fake.
His little maneuvers with both cards was funny.

Also Liked the beginning with Carla and her guys getting the jump on Sam and Faye, while they were trying to stakeout the meeting with her and Michael.

The other thing I like about this show, that like this episode
sometimes the clients don't always tell the whole truth or are not
who they say they are.

It's also become my thing to have a thing of yogurt while watching Burn Notice Posted Image

all-banner.jpg

Forum Nav Content I Follow