What's new

Walt Disney Treasures: Wave 8 - 11/11 (1 Viewer)

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
wish they'd throw in the non-Donald Chip n Dale cartoons. Or just a second catch all of shorts collection

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
With this last Donald set, does that mean all the Disney sound cartoons will have been released on DVD in one set or another?

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I was perplexed as to how they could possibly have enough material on DESTINO to fill a two-disc set, frankly. A single-disc release makes more sense. I have the same sort of questions about Dr Syn, frankly, but I'm still happy to see it part of the set.

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Chronological Donald 4 & Dr. Syn are two definite buys for me. I lost my vhs copy of Syn in Hurricane Charley & have been in Scarecrow withdrawal for almost 4 years.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey

Disc one has the Disneyland episodes and disc two will have the feature film edit.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I'm also disappointed about the loss of Destino - while I was surprised that they had enough material for the two-discs, the feature-length documentaries could have done it, and sounded interesting. I'll just have to keep an eye out for the single disc.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
That really is too bad about Destino not being part of the WDT line. Hopefully Maltin can successfully pitch his "educational shorts" idea as a replacement.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
I'm interested to see if it will be just two Treasures or if they will try to fit a third in to replace Destino. Trust me, I'm grateful for Donald and Scarecrow, but given the amount of resources Disney has at their disposal, there should be more.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
All I can add to the comment above is that there are dozens and DOZENS of made-for-WWOD films that have never been released for home video. Hint, hint, Disney. There's more Spin & Marty (I think??) and Corky & the White Shadow from MMC. There's a bazillion live Disney specials. If Treasures concentrated on WWOD alone, it could go on for another 30 years.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
that doesn't make much sense, Zorro already has season one available.

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Zoro could go a number of different ways. The current season 1 has been colorized so they could fix that mess. Additionally, season 2 is due for a French release later this year, so that could be on tap for next year. Finally, they could go straight to season 3. Personally, that's what I suspect they'll do only because season 3 is something of a misnomer. It was actually only 4 hour-long episodes and not a regular season. Considering the Treasures format, it makes the most sense to me to bundle those 4 episodes together with a bunch of extras.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Anyone have a list of Annette's films that haven't seen a dvd release? I think they should include at least one of her theatrical films, as well as the "Annette" serial from MMC, assorted musical clips from MMC and WWOD, and a documentary on her work at Disney. Everybody loves Annette!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks