Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

New Godfather DVD release

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   fgomike

fgomike

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted June 30 2008 - 10:10 AM

I read the press release regarding the next version of the Godfather. Does anybody know if there is a new commentary from FFC or is it the same from the release in 2002?

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,187 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted June 30 2008 - 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgomike
I read the press release regarding the next version of the Godfather. Does anybody know if there is a new commentary from FFC or is it the same from the release in 2002?
I haven't seen anything one or the other but I'm sure it's the same commentary.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   mike kaminski

mike kaminski

Second Unit

• 262 posts

Posted June 30 2008 - 12:55 PM

That was my impression as well. The reason being, everything from the previous set is being ported over, which would point to this commentary being the same one. Doesn't seem to be any reason to re-record one when he already did DVD commentary for all the films.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,045 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted July 01 2008 - 12:46 PM

Yeah, the Francis Ford Coppola commentaries for the original DVD set were pretty damned comprehensive; I doubt he'd really have anything more to say about the films.

Commentaries from cast, crew, and/or film scholars, though...that I totally could've gotten behind.

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Sumnernor

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor

• 831 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted July 04 2008 - 08:53 AM

I have the UK set and I assume that it will be the same for the R1 set. For all 3 movies it says "Also featuring the original Provocative director's commentary"