What's new

Godfather Blu-ray Confirmed (1 Viewer)

Thivanka R. Perera

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thivanka Rukshan Perera
HOLLYWOOD, Calif., June 30 /PRNewswire/ -- More than three decades after they won the Academy Award® for Best Picture, director Francis Ford Coppola's classic films The Godfather and The Godfather, Part II will once again be enjoyed by audiences as they originally were meant to be seen, thanks to a meticulous restoration by Paramount Pictures, overseen by Coppola himself. On September 23, 2008, both fully restored films will debut on DVD and Blu-ray, along with a newly remastered version of The Godfather Part III, to be included as part of The Godfather, The Coppola Restoration Collection. All three films will be available individually or in a five-DVD collection or four-disc Blu-ray collection, which are loaded with a host of all-new special features.

The Godfather and The Godfather, Part II underwent extensive frame-by-frame examination and restoration utilizing state-of-the-art digital technology in this historic preservation effort, which required more than a year to complete. Robert A. Harris of the Film Preserve supervised the restoration under the direction of Coppola and cinematographer, Gordon Willis. Harris' restoration credits include Lawrence of Arabia, Spartacus, Vertigo and Rear Window among others.

htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
Jeez...September and October are shaping up to be a real bloodletting for my finance department; doesn't matter though, this is an offer I can't refuse.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
I'm not seeing an individual blu-ray price on that press release. Does that mean that the only option on blu is the complete set?

Simon Howson

Screenwriter
The Godfather Trilogy - the first Blu-ray killer app.

I wonder how many extra players these films will help sell. It will be interesting to see if player sales spike once this set is released.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Damn, I hate this "buy 'em all or nothing" crap. I'm still waiting to be able to buy only the first Matrix film.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Better pray these aren't DNR'd to death folks. Seriously, Paramount has been some of the worse offenders.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd

With our own Robert Harris involved in the remastering, I have no worries. :)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I don't think that would work well....there would be a lot more sellers than buyers for "unwanted" films. I've yet to see any deals offered on individual Matrix HDDVDs.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member

Maybe Robert can chime in, but was he just involved in the actual film restoration, or also the Blu-ray process too?

Kris Z.

Stunt Coordinator
The BD collection is more expensive than I would have liked (it's essentially $39.99 per film) but if the quality is good, i.e. no DNR, no EE, no compression artifacts, then I'll buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks