Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Natalie Wood and Legend of Lylah Clare

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 Claude North

Claude North

Second Unit

• 322 posts

Posted June 29 2008 - 12:18 PM

Any word on when the Natalie Wood box set, or the "special plans" (according to the Warner chat) for Legend of Lylah Clare, are going to materialize?

#2 of 8 Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,219 posts

Posted June 30 2008 - 11:22 AM

I just watched LOVE WITH THE PROPER STRANGER last week and was thinking the same thing.

#3 of 8 Charles H

Charles H

Screenwriter

• 1,526 posts

Posted July 01 2008 - 03:03 AM

Moreso than even THE AFRICAN QUEEN, LOVE WITH THE PROPER STRANGER is inexplicably MIA on dvd. It's a great love story with the two biggest legendary stars of the sixties (McQueen and Wood) in iconic roles. As a McQueen fan, it may be his best role. Paramount is so indifferent to this hugely successful film that they haven't even bothered to letterbox it for its TCM showings!
Charles Hoyt

#4 of 8 ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,465 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted July 01 2008 - 03:54 AM

I was recently thinking about the Natalie Wood Collection and the WW II Home Front Collection also. When Warner’s talked about both collections, I somehow thought it would be in the early fall, but we have heard nothing since.

Anyone one with information out there?
"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#5 of 8 Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,219 posts

Posted July 01 2008 - 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles H
Moreso than even THE AFRICAN QUEEN, LOVE WITH THE PROPER STRANGER is inexplicably MIA on dvd. It's a great love story with the two biggest legendary stars of the sixties (McQueen and Wood) in iconic roles. As a McQueen fan, it may be his best role. Paramount is so indifferent to this hugely successful film that they haven't even bothered to letterbox it for its TCM showings!

Actually, I just saw it on TCM two weeks ago and I believe it was letterboxed.

But a very good film, other than the rather rushed finale.

#6 of 8 gabby100

gabby100

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted September 05 2008 - 12:52 AM

What is the latest news on the Natalie Wood Box Set? It was set for release in August but was postponed to ensure the best quality. Is there any news on this?

#7 of 8 Ken Koc

Ken Koc

Supporting Actor

• 822 posts

Posted September 05 2008 - 02:00 AM

I too am waiting for the NATALIE WOOD BOXSET. I was hoping for an announcement before the end of the year. Warners has slowed down their classic catalog releases to a snails crawl compared to last year....makes me nervous they are slowly going the route of Paramount. I do hope LOVE WITH THE PROPER STRANGER will see the light of day....maybe Criterion?
Ken

#8 of 8 BillyFeldman

BillyFeldman

Supporting Actor

• 593 posts

Posted September 05 2008 - 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Martin
Actually, I just saw it on TCM two weeks ago and I believe it was letterboxed.

But a very good film, other than the rather rushed finale.

TCM sadly has never shown Proper Stranger letterboxed - always open matte.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow