What's new

24 Seasons 1-6 for $26.54 total! (1 Viewer)

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
This week Best Buy has 24 Seasons 1-6 on sale for $16.99 each. Season 1 Steelbook version is on sale for the same price.

Here's the kicker: On the front of the Steelbook case is a coupon that allows you to get $15 off EACH of Seasons 2-6 making them $1.99 each and the total purchase $26.54 + tax out the door.

If the cashier and/or management refuse to give it to you, show them that the coupon explicitly states that up to $75 can be saved ($15 off 2-6).

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Technically, the store could use the coupon's disclaimer ("not good in combination with other coupon or offer") to deny use of it. Their argument would be, of course, that the sale price is another offer.

Bonedwarf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve
Wow, that's crazy!!! Sadly I can't take advantage (I'm in Canada) but MAN, that is an awesome deal.

Good luck to anyone who tries it. Hope it works!

FrosteyV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard Villafana

I tried today. Store manager refused to honor the deal. Said it didn't apply to already discounted merchandise. Oh well.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
That's correct. Best Buy has a standing policy that it applies to "original retail price" not for items that are on sale.

JasonJason

Stunt Coordinator

Even on manufacturer's coupons? It doesn't seem that they would be allowed to do that. I know that I've used manufacturer's coupons on sale items at Best Buy. It's probably the fact that this one makes it SO cheap that they even notice and wonder if they shouldn't put their foot down.

Plus, as someone above stated, they get their money back anyway. I'd be willing to bet that the BB in my area wouldn't have a problem - it probably all comes down to which employee you get.

JasonJason

Stunt Coordinator

So true, my friend, so true...

I always march right in the store ready to make the scene (especially something like this, where technically, I AM right), but end up chickening out when I get up there. I'm such a non-confrontationalist. Yep, that's probably a word - in fact, you might say I'm very confrontationalistically challenged. And if you do say it, I'm going to march right in there and tell you... that it's hot outside.

FrosteyV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard Villafana
I tried another BB in my town today. Same thing. Store manager refused to honor the coupon, even after I pointed out that he would get the missing 15.00 refunded to him by the DVD company. I asked him what difference does it make if I give you the 15.00 or the company gives you the 15.00? Best Buy won't be out any money, but will lose goodwill. He wouldn't budge.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
All you have to do is a make a scene. Start arguing, raise your voice. They'll just be happy to get you out of the store ... my dad did that once at Sears over their Craftsmen tools. My dad found a wrench of something that was broke and Sears has a lifetime guarantee on that product line so he started raising his voice and Sears exchanged the tool just to get him out of the store and it was on a Saturday and during their busiest time.

troy evans

Screenwriter
I had a few rewards certificates to burn so I went to BB today. I tried to pick up 2 copies of the first season collectors edition using the sale and the on package coupon. I was hoping to get a copy for a friend of mine. They couldn't get the coupon to ring through on the first season set so they tried another season and determined that it has to be another different season besides the first. Either 2-6 and then the coupon would work and it did. I got them to try and ring up all the seasons to see if the coupon would work for each set and it only works on one, but, it will work if you want to get one other season for $1.99, which is a damn good deal. The coupon does specify " $15.00 off on any season ( not all seasons) when you buy season one". Anyhow, I paid a total of $5.00 and change and walked out with the first season collectors edition ( which I wasn't going to buy, but, thought at this price what the hell) and season 6, which I needed to complete my collection. I traded in my first season of 24 from when I originally bought it years ago and got $10.00 at FYE. So, I made about $5.00 on this whole endeavor. Not bad at all. :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well I guess I got pretty lucky today because my daughter asked me to take advantage of the deal for her. All the stores near where she lives in Virginia were sold out of the sets.

The clerk had already rung up a few of these deals.

I paid the $17 for the first set and she took the coupon and then rang up each of sets 2-6 for just $2 apiece.

All six seasons of 24 for $28 (plus tax). Amazing.

It wasn't completely as easy as all that because she did have to call over a manager to us his key to override the prices...but he had also done this a few times already and was more than willing and knew what had to be done.

Even more amazing that I didn't have a problem at Best Buy! ;)

troy evans

Screenwriter
NO SHIT!!! Sorry, but that just floored me. You are a lucky, lucky man. Maybe we all need to go to Mike's BB. They seem to have their stuff together. Congradulations Sir. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yeah. I really don't see why stores wouldn't honor a coupon that they are carrying on product that they are selling themselves. It's their own "fault" they dropped the price to $17 this week.

As others have noted, they'll get the reimbursement for the coupon.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Those who had a problem should complain to Fox customer service that Best Buy is not honoring the coupons and, thereby, Fox is losing sales.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

People on SlickDeals are reporting that, apparently, Best Buy has now decided to completely shut the thing down and won't honor the coupon until after their price promotion is over. :thumbsdown:

But whaddya expect?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

The sale price *is* another offer. I don't see what the big deal is.

As for Craftsman tools, on the other hand -- I'm surprised that Mark's dad had to make a stink. When you buy Craftsman tools (not power tools) they are pretty clear about their lifetime warranty.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

That's not how business works. The difference is between you handing them $15 right now or Fox sending them $15 much later after them having to go through the process of redeeming the coupons. It's not as simple as them ending up with the same amount afterwards. It affects their cash flow. Also, some employee will have to deal with the coupons.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks