Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Up Pixar

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
90 replies to this topic

#1 of 91 OFFLINE   DavidPla

DavidPla

Screenwriter

• 2,357 posts

Posted June 27 2008 - 04:30 AM

With the release of Wall-E this weekend, I thought it was time to look at Pixar's next release Up which sounds like their most ambitious yet.

"Carl Fredricksen spent his entire life dreaming of exploring the globe and experiencing life to its fullest. But at age 78, life seems to have passed him by, until a twist of fate (and a persistent 8-year old Wilderness Explorer named Russell) gives him a new lease on life."

Pixar has yet to fail and even their lowest films (A Bug's Life, Cars) are better than other studio's best films.

Posted Image

- Up will be released May 29, 2009.
Posted Image

- Toy Story 3 is slated for June 18, 2010
Posted Image

- newt for Summer 2011
"Newt and Brooke live in a community college science lab and don't care for each other, yet as the last remaining blue-footed newts on the planet they are forced to mate to save the species."
Posted Image

- The Bear and the Bow for Christmas 2011
"In mythical Scotland, Merida wants to be an archer. Through her actions, she unwittingly sets in motion a chain of events that involves magic and an ancient curse that affect her father's kingdom."
Posted Image

- Cars 2 for Summer 2012
Posted Image

#2 of 91 OFFLINE   Todd H

Todd H

Screenwriter

• 2,064 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted June 27 2008 - 06:56 AM

Where's The Incredibles 2? There's a Pixar sequel that I want to see.

#3 of 91 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,933 posts

Posted June 27 2008 - 08:00 AM

Not to sound morbid. But, I wonder if Paul Newman's character Doc Hudson will be in Cars 2? I know Mr.Newman's health is not great. And we sadly just lost George Carlin (Fillmore).
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#4 of 91 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,382 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted June 27 2008 - 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd H
Where's The Incredibles 2? There's a Pixar sequel that I want to see.
I would think that The Incredibles rates a sequel before Cars.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#5 of 91 OFFLINE   Chris Atkins

Chris Atkins

Producer

• 3,887 posts

Posted June 27 2008 - 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell
I would think that The Incredibles rates a sequel before Cars.

Not from my kids (2 and 5).

#6 of 91 OFFLINE   Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted June 27 2008 - 12:35 PM

Cars, I gather, is getting a sequel in part because the merchandising on it was an incredible success.
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#7 of 91 OFFLINE   Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer

Lead Actor

• 7,996 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted June 27 2008 - 12:48 PM

Cars merch is still hot, years after Cars was a decent hit.

Anything by Pixar is first day for me.
Hey buddy...did you just see a real bright light?

#8 of 91 OFFLINE   DavidPla

DavidPla

Screenwriter

• 2,357 posts

Posted June 27 2008 - 01:37 PM

I think Pixar would be happy to proceed with an Incredibles sequel but Brad Bird said he wouldn't attempt one until he knows he can make a great followup. Look how long it's taken for a Toy Story 3. As long as they produce quality work, I'll be happy to wait.

#9 of 91 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,302 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted June 27 2008 - 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Seaver
Cars, I gather, is getting a sequel in part because the merchandising on it was an incredible success.
It also made nearly a quarter of a billion dollars in America (and more than $450 million total worldwide). There'd have been a sequel to Reservoir Dogs if it had made that much money.

#10 of 91 OFFLINE   Chris Will

Chris Will

Supporting Actor

• 748 posts
  • LocationMontgomery, AL

Posted June 27 2008 - 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Seaver
I'll see anything Pixar does at least once but, I don't like the sign that they maybe making a sequel to cash on more merchandising. Did they hire Lucas (sorry, couldn't resist)?

Seriously, I don't like the idea of Cars 2. It just doesn't interest me but, then again, I'm probably not the target audience. I would hate to see Pixar start making sequels just to cash in on something. That is why we have so many horrible straight to video sequels from Disney. I was skeptical about Toy Story 2 at first as well but, it is now my favorite Pixar movie so, as long as they have found a compelling story to tell I'll trust them. I have similar worries about Toy Story 3 but, we'll see what they come up with. I'm dying to see a second Incredibles movie though.

The Bear and the Bow sounds really interesting too me. Like classic Disney with a little Robin Hood mixed with Sword and the Stone.

#11 of 91 OFFLINE   hodedofome

hodedofome

Stunt Coordinator

• 236 posts

Posted June 27 2008 - 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidPla
I think Pixar would be happy to proceed with an Incredibles sequel but Brad Bird said he wouldn't attempt one until he knows he can make a great followup. Look how long it's taken for a Toy Story 3. As long as they produce quality work, I'll be happy to wait.

Right, I saw that quote too. However the bummer is how they ended the first movie, they totally left it open for a sequel if they wanted to. If Brad really put his mind to it I'm sure he could come up with SOMETHING!

#12 of 91 OFFLINE   BrianShort

BrianShort

Supporting Actor

• 934 posts

Posted June 28 2008 - 12:06 AM

Is Brad Bird's 1906 project still a go, or is that going to be through someone other than Pixar (as it's live action)?

#13 of 91 OFFLINE   Lenny Rakes

Lenny Rakes

Stunt Coordinator

• 119 posts

Posted June 28 2008 - 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodedofome
Right, I saw that quote too. However the bummer is how they ended the first movie, they totally left it open for a sequel if they wanted to. If Brad really put his mind to it I'm sure he could come up with SOMETHING!

He could just borrowed the origianal Coming of Galactus storyline from the Fantastic Four for the sequal.

#14 of 91 OFFLINE   Shawn_KE

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter

• 1,295 posts

Posted June 28 2008 - 04:53 AM

Cars is my favorite Pixar flick followed by The Incredibles.

Guess it doesn't help much that I live muscle cars and like superhero movies lol.

#15 of 91 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,165 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted June 29 2008 - 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidPla
Look how long it's taken for a Toy Story 3. As long as they produce quality work, I'll be happy to wait.

I heard this "leak" about the plot of TS3:

The movie follows the adventures of the toys after they've been donated to a nursery school. Apparently Andy is off to college.

This is all too weird for me. It almost seems like the Toy Story movies are directed/marketed right at me. I was captivated altogether by the first film. Toy Story 2 became very significant for me as my own daughter was growing out of her childhood at the same time as Jesse's owner. I have told the story often here at the HTF that the only time I ever cried at the movies was during a Disney film--TS2.

And now...Toy Story 3, if the above synopsis is accurate, just as my own son Andy heads off to college.

Crazy.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#16 of 91 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,302 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted June 29 2008 - 10:39 AM

^On the DVD, I'm pretty sure that they talked about that as a story idea for either the original or the sequel. That doesn't mean that it's not accurate since they could have found a way to make that story work and be using it for the newest sequel.

#17 of 91 OFFLINE   DavidPla

DavidPla

Screenwriter

• 2,357 posts

Posted June 29 2008 - 02:33 PM

Sounds like it could be a very emotional third film. Wasn't that a similar plot to The Brave Little Toaster which had John Lasseter and a few of the Pixar guys work on it?

#18 of 91 OFFLINE   Brian Borst

Brian Borst

Screenwriter

• 1,137 posts

Posted June 30 2008 - 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR
^On the DVD, I'm pretty sure that they talked about that as a story idea for either the original or the sequel. That doesn't mean that it's not accurate since they could have found a way to make that story work and be using it for the newest sequel.

It was the original story treatment for the first Toy Story. And while it could work, I don't believe it. Andy is very important to the toys, and vice versa. Just giving them away to a nursery school? Makes Andy look like a bit of a bastard. I also heard this rumor that Hamm was the 'villain' in this one. Don't know if it's true, but it sounds interesting if he develops some nasty character traits.
Never go out with anyone who thinks Fellini is a type of cheese

My Blu-Ray/DVD Collection

#19 of 91 OFFLINE   Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets

Screenwriter

• 2,371 posts

Posted June 30 2008 - 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Borst
It was the original story treatment for the first Toy Story. And while it could work, I don't believe it. Andy is very important to the toys, and vice versa. Just giving them away to a nursery school? Makes Andy look like a bit of a bastard.

He sounds to me like a typical boy who's growing up. As the audience we perceive the toys as being alive but Andy's no different than Jessie's old owner was in Toy Story 2. If anything giving the toys to a nursery school is a good move because it means the toys will never lack for new owners.

I'm still waiting for Pixar to announce something serious about A Princess of Mars...

#20 of 91 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,239 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted June 30 2008 - 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Sheets
He sounds to me like a typical boy who's growing up. As the audience we perceive the toys as being alive but Andy's no different than Jessie's old owner was in Toy Story 2. If anything giving the toys to a nursery school is a good move because it means the toys will never lack for new owners.

it also could mean a emotional reunion with andy or maybe andy's children.

also from the first post, seems kinda odd to me to to make a refernce like,
"even their lowest films". not even sure what that means.

it appears as if this is part of the news of the future films then an opinion.

besides how can anyonesay there is a "lowest" pixar film.
there isn't a bad one in the group
seriously Bug's life was a remake of 7 Samurai, far from a low point.
Cars also is very good.
there isn't anything not to like about Cars.
facebook.com/whotony

Back to Movies (Theatrical)

Forum Nav Content I Follow