Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Who has the DVD rights to Digimon?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Steve_Z

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator

• 164 posts

Posted June 25 2008 - 10:53 AM

Who has the american DVD rights to Digimon, because I think that show should get a season set release?

The first 13 episodes were released, there is an unoffical sets for season 1, and the first 32 episodes of season 2.

I think the show is a underrated classic among anime shows. I am just hoping for th English version to be released. I no there is even less chance of the original Japanese version to get region 1 releases.

I think it is a shame that children anime shows rarely ever have the subtitle version available.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted June 26 2008 - 08:40 PM

Japanese anime has to be licensed by an American studio before it's released in the United States. Just because it's being broadcast on network television doesn't mean that a studio has it.

Japanese anime is rarely released by any of the major studios and would, more than likely, be released through one of the Japanese anime licensing studios:

ADV Films, Bandai Entertainment, FUNimation, Media Blasters.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek

Screenwriter

• 2,156 posts

Posted June 27 2008 - 02:40 AM

Disney (via Saban).