What's new

Dennis the menace season 1 (1 Viewer)

Tanisha85

Auditioning
Real Name
Tanisha
does any1 know when dennis the menace the complete 1st season goin to be released as there is a rumour goin abt its release ....can't wait to see it on dvd

chadHobbick

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad
I would like to know why this hasn't been released yet? I would figure this would have been a no-brainer, of course I also would have figured that we would have Leave it to Beaver completed on dvd as well by now.

MARC1

Agent
Real Name
marc soaper
I noticed at Amazon.com they now have listed Dennis the Menace season 1.They have it set up so you can recieve an email from them to be notified when its released.This title was not listed with them the last time I checked for it a few months back.Hopefully this is a good sign.just fyi they also have now listed Hazel season 2 under the same sign up to be notified when it is released.
I know that tvshowsondvd.com reported a few weeks ago.That most of the studios were shopping there classic shows perhaps these are two of them.
Got my fingers crossed on both of these gems.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
I'm not sure whether to be excited now or not.

I did Amazon searches for some other series that aren't on DVD, and most of them had that same "Notify me when it's released" notice. For example, both "The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis" and "The Patty Duke Show" had that notice. I also found it for the Fifth Season of "The Mary Tyler Moore Show".

I'd like to be optimistic and think that these notices indicate these shows have been licensed. But how would Amazon know about all these deals? The pessimistic side of me says not to set myself up for disappointment.

However, since it appears "The Donna Reed Show" is definite, and that was Screen Gems as were "Dennis the Menace" and "Hazel," maybe these really are coming out. I hope they hurry! Those of us who grew up with these shows aren't getting any younger.

chadHobbick

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad
I thought when you click on the "sign up to be notified" button, that Amazon let's the owner of the rights of the series, usually the company, know there is an interest or demand for that set or season.

MARC1

Agent
Real Name
marc soaper
I noticed today that videoeta.com just posted Hazel season 2 as a show they are speculating as coming in the near future I believe and correct me if I am wrong that videoeta.com has some sort of a relationship with sony.
Still no Denniis the Menace though.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
That speculation on Hazel's 2nd season doesn't mean a thing -- they do that for all the shows. For instance, Mary Tyler Moore made it to Season 4 -- so they have one of those "speculation" things for Season 5.

If they ever do release "Dennis the Menace - Season 1," then Videoeta will have a speculation page for Season 2.

MARC1

Agent
Real Name
marc soaper
Joe You are correct about the speculation list on videoeta.com some shows have been on that list over two years and have not been released yet.
I will say though that I believe sony has a working relationship with videoeta of some sorts. I do not know to what level if any that relationship is.I only know when videoeta has speculated on upcoming releases of Bewitched and I Dream of jeannie.They have soon after been annouced.I understand that these two shows have a fan based that is greater than Hazel.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I'm sure fans would love to see this show released but I can't imagine that it's a priority for the studio. Older shows don't always do well and a lot of younger people won't have a clue what this show is nor will they care.

If fans would buy more of their favorite old shows then other shows like this would have a better chance to be released. Supply & demand, folks.

Ryan.G

Auditioning
Real Name
Ryan
i think that dennise the menace will be out when they finish with all the bewitched season so just keeping my figures cross ...hope they release it by end of this year

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
I heard on Stu's Shokus Radio Show from Guests Gloria Henry who had played the role of Dennis' Mother, and Guest Jeannie Russell who played the Role of Margaret on the show, that the people in charge of this series would truly like to put out this Jay North "Dennis the Menace" Series on Home Media, but they are having to deal with Trust Rights.

And I had also read on another Web Site that Sony Pictures does indeed own this "Dennis the Menace" Sitcom, but they first have to deal with Red Tape Issues from a company called "King Features". I don't know what this is all about concerning Red Tape Issues with this other company "King Features" regarding this Fun Show! But all I can say is, that I sure hope it all gets straighted out very soon!!!!!

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
King Features Syndicate is the company that distributes the Dennis the Menace comic strip. There are probably rights issues involved in using the Dennis the Menace character for the show. Does anyone know how reasonable King Features is to deal with?

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I really cant understand the issue with King Features, they even gave away the rights to a small company, to release 10 blondie movies!!!!!!!!!!! In fact I even have that dvd. So if they can get to release that, there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever, for Dennis to be missing from dvd.I honestlly beleive that its just Sony, that is the one holding the dvd up, because they think it wont sell . Sony needs to understand, that not everything can sell 300 gazillion copies like the 3 stooges.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Do the "Trust Rights" refer to the estate of Dennis' creator, Hank Ketcham?

I wonder if the real Dennis has any say in this -- that could be trouble. There's nothing funny about the real Dennis' real life.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I'd be surprised if Hank Ketchum allowed the real Dennis to control his Estate given all the well known problems. A publisher is currently reprinting the entire run of original comics so there doesn't seem to be any underlying problems with the character itself.

Then again, the rights to the character for purposes of the series may have been structured differently so all we can really do is speculate absent any info from inside King.

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc

"The Patty Duke Show" The Complete First Season is coming out on DVD in September!!!!! Shout Factory is putting it out!!!!!!

Great News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks