-

Photo
- - - - -

Charmed: The Complete Series is COMING!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#21 of 40 Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Lead Actor

• 9,171 posts

Posted June 23 2008 - 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Battista
Believe it or not... I agree with everything you said. I don't have any rational reason for not liking him. I actually think he added ALOT to the series... but for some reason... whenever I see him on the screen... something in me just don't like him! I know... weird... but that is the way it is. Posted Image

About 6 months ago (or so) I started a Charmed Marathon. due to a sickness in the family I had to stop the marathon after watching only 2 seasons. Well all this talk today got me in the mood again... so I am continuing that marathon now. I started season 3 over again today. On the second episode (Magic Hour). And I am planning to go all the way through the end of the series. Posted Image
Pete,

We're doing the same thing! But, we're only on the first season. The last episode we watched was The Wedding From Hell. It's great, going back and seeing some of these early episodes again. Posted Image

#22 of 40 Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts
  • LocationPrincess Anne, Md. USA

Posted June 23 2008 - 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan^H
I never picked any seasons on dvd. Amazon had a sale about a month ago with the first 4 seasons for $15 each, and the rest for $20. I almost caved and bought them then.

What's the show like? A friend told me not to waste my time and called the series a huge Buffy clone. It still looks interesting to me though.

Well... I don't usually like to recommend series to people in general... but I will say even though it is definitely on the order of Buffy (witches fighting demons)... it is more then that... at least in my opinion. I personally love both series.

The first time I saw Charmed I was hooked. I really liked the chemistry between the cast within this series. Then there is all the demons which look great... lots of special effects.Just works all the way around for me personally.

I actually got my entire family hooked on this series as well... so I believe it is a show that has something for everyone... as everyone from my daughter (age 12) to my mother (age 74) have really enjoyed it.

#23 of 40 whisperintherain

whisperintherain

Stunt Coordinator

• 236 posts

Posted June 23 2008 - 11:38 AM

I already own every single season and have no interest in double-dipping. I love the show but only got into it after learning that Rose McGowan, one of my favorite actresses, was joining as the new sister, back in 2001. I knew of the show and how successful it was but had only seen a couple of episodes here and there at that point. Fortunately, the French channel that aired the show decided to rerun it from the beginning while Season 4 was in production, so that was the perfect opportunity for me to get into it. Knowing each of the three main actresses from their previous works, I quickly warmed up to their characters (Holly Marie Combs didn't disappoint after her excellent work on PICKET FENCES and I gained new respect for Shannen Doherty's acting skills) and it wasn't long before I was hooked. Season 4 is my favorite and I was a little disappointed in Seasons 5 (which introduced too many fairy tale creatures IMHO) and 6 (which took the focus away from the sisters and was centered on Piper's sons) but the last couple of seasons were really good (especially Season 7 which I absolutely love). I was a little disappointed that they wasted the Season 8 budget on the pointless relationship between Phoebe and Dex instead of giving Darryl a proper send-off but they redeemed themselves by finding the perfect guys for Phoebe and Paige to end up with. The series finale was also very good, the only disappointment to me is that Prue's picture wasn't on the wall with those of the other characters, although I understand this was due to Shannen Doherty not allowing use of her image, which she had every right to do. Anyway, just showing some appreciation for the show here, but I'll pass on the Complete Series boxset.
Bring these sets on!

Knots Landing: Seasons 3-14 - The Nanny: Seasons 4-6 - Peyton Place : Episodes 65-514 - Picket Fences : Seasons 2-4

#24 of 40 Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts

Posted June 25 2008 - 10:57 PM

OMG! TVShowsonDVD.com has an UPDATE...

- Packaging: Book of Shadows book... Standard Edition: 7.5" wide by 10.75" high by 2.375" spine (approx. 19cm x 27.3cm x 6cm)... Deluxe Edition: 12" x 15.375" x 1.75" (approx. 30.5cm x 39.1cm x 4.45cm) holding 49 DVDs.

- Known Additional Extras:
  • Original Unaired Pilot
  • Featurette: The Demons of Charmed
  • Featurette: The Men of Charmed
  • Featurette: The Book of Shadows
  • And More
And they did note that there will be easter eggs hidden throughout the bonus disc as well. It seems both the standard edition and the deluxe edition will both have the same extras. So that is a plus. I already pre-ordered my set. And at this time I chose the Deluxe Edition for the bigger book (standard book holds 2 discs per page... deluxe book holds 3 discs per page) but I may decide to change it to the standard book in the end to save a few bucks.

But I definitely must have this set. Even though both sets are a little pricey I may have no choice to sell off the sets I have now to afford it. Even though I would rather give them to my mother since she is ALMOST as big of a fan as I am.

#25 of 40 Don Giro

Don Giro

Supporting Actor

• 817 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted June 25 2008 - 11:17 PM

I just pre-ordered the deluxe edition. I figure I'll have saved up enough pennies between now and October to treat myself to this.
When she embraces, your heart turns to stone
She comes at night, when you're all alone
And when she whispers, your blood shall run cold
You'd better hide before she finds you...

#26 of 40 Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts

Posted June 25 2008 - 11:22 PM

I really do want that deluxe edition myself. I am hoping I will be able to sell off my season sets to someone to help off-set the price.

#27 of 40 Dale MA

Dale MA

Supporting Actor

• 952 posts

Posted June 25 2008 - 11:24 PM

Oh man, my fiancee is going to want this for Christmas, she already has every season on DVD but she'll want to double dip for the deluxe release.

I better start saving. Posted Image

#28 of 40 Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts

Posted June 25 2008 - 11:57 PM

Now... there is the test of true love! Double Dip on an 8 season TV Series for the Deluxe Edition! Posted Image

#29 of 40 Dale MA

Dale MA

Supporting Actor

• 952 posts

Posted June 26 2008 - 12:27 AM

Posted Image

Maybe I can talk her into buying me that Time Life Man from Uncle set? Posted Image Sounds like a plan...

#30 of 40 Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts

Posted June 26 2008 - 01:07 AM

Posted Image

That definitely sounds like a good plan to me!

#31 of 40 Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Lead Actor

• 9,171 posts

Posted June 26 2008 - 08:50 AM

Well, as much as I like Charmed (and I like it a lot), I do own the entire series and am very happy with that. It would be a neat treasure to see the unaired pilot, but the price is a bit steep for me to double dip. I'd rather use that kind of money on completing the U.K. release of VOY. Still, this new Charmed edition looks like a wonderful set! Posted Image

#32 of 40 Tabetha

Tabetha

Agent

• 41 posts

Posted June 26 2008 - 11:12 AM

Does anyone know if there is anything different about the two sets other than size? I mean will the deluxe version have anything in it that the other one doesn't?

#33 of 40 Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts

Posted June 26 2008 - 11:21 AM

I can't say 100% for sure... but they way I read it... the size of the book is the only difference.

#34 of 40 Firebee

Firebee

Supporting Actor

• 759 posts

Posted June 26 2008 - 11:42 PM

As much as I love ``Charmed,'' I'd have to say that at this point I'm very tentative on buying this set...much would be predicated on my ability to recoup some of the money spent acquiring all eight seasons heretofore. Posted Image

I also have not enough time to watch all of these DVDS:

http://www.invelos.c....aspx/fire26bee

#35 of 40 Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,223 posts

Posted June 27 2008 - 01:41 AM

[quote=Ockeghem]Well, as much as I like Charmed (and I like it a lot), I do own the entire series and am very happy with that. It would be a neat treasure to see the unaired pilot, but the price is a bit steep for me to double dip. QUOTE]

Seconded!

Besides, for the price they want for it is more than TWICE what I payed for the Individual Season Sets! (I took advantage of BOGO and "Black Friday" Sales to get my copies!Posted Image

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 36,333 :biggrin: ( 746 Series ) :biggrin: Movies - 2,395   :B)   Serial Chapters - 1,201 :B)

#36 of 40 Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Lead Actor

• 9,171 posts

Posted June 27 2008 - 03:37 AM

[quote=Regulus]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ockeghem
Well, as much as I like Charmed (and I like it a lot), I do own the entire series and am very happy with that. It would be a neat treasure to see the unaired pilot, but the price is a bit steep for me to double dip. QUOTE]

Seconded!

Besides, for the price they want for it is more than TWICE what I payed for the Individual Season Sets! (I took advantage of BOGO and "Black Friday" Sales to get my copies!Posted Image
I'm going to be keeping my eye out for ways to view the unaired pilot without having to purchase the set. Posted Image

#37 of 40 Kieran Brown

Kieran Brown

Agent

• 43 posts

Posted October 27 2008 - 12:55 PM

I really do wish I had waited for this complete series. But I, like other fans, loved the series and felt I had to buy it in order for Paramount to see it was being bought and was popular and then release more seasons.

Good news is I have a buyer for seven seasons of my Charmed boxsets. Problem is I bought Charmed season 8 on Ebay because the US version had a few more special features than the Australian version.

I want to get the limited deluxe edition complete series set, but I need to know, before I get rid of my season 8 dvd boxset, if the special features of season 8 are included as well, the audio commentaries, featurettes, etc.

Does anyone know?

Are these dvds just identical to what has been released but with the added bonus disc and in a complete series book set?

Also, in Australia, the complete series book set that got released a year ago had flashing LED lights on the cover. Does this release thats coming out next month have anything like that?

#38 of 40 Don Giro

Don Giro

Supporting Actor

• 817 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted November 25 2008 - 05:18 AM

I bought the deluxe edition. It's HUGE. It weighs damn near 10 pounds, stands about 18" high, 12" wide, and 3" thick (I may be "low-balling"). The cover is embossed with the "Book of Three" symbol. I only owned the first season before waiting for this set, but it sure looks like the same discs as the individual seasons.

All in all, a nice early Christmas present to myself...now, if only had the time to sit down and actually WATCH the set...

Each season is "housed" in a thick cardboard "page," and each "page" is separated with two sheets of parchment containing runes and illustrations from "The Book of Three," as well as episode descriptions for each disc.

The whole thing is packaged in a strong cardboard "topless" box, and it looks like the final season extras have all been ported over. The bonus disk is housed inside an envelope glued the the inside back cover, and is probably the only negative I have with this purchase

#39 of 40 Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Lead Actor

• 9,171 posts

Posted November 25 2008 - 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giro
I bought the deluxe edition. It's HUGE. It weighs damn near 10 pounds, stands about 18" high, 12" wide, and 3" thick (I may be "low-balling"). The cover is embossed with the "Book of Three" symbol. I only owned the first season before waiting for this set, but it sure looks like the same discs as the individual seasons.

All in all, a nice early Christmas present to myself...now, if only had the time to sit down and actually WATCH the set...

Each season is "housed" in a thick cardboard "page," and each "page" is separated with two sheets of parchment containing runes and illustrations from "The Book of Three," as well as episode descriptions for each disc.

The whole thing is packaged in a strong cardboard "topless" box, and it looks like the final season extras have all been ported over. The bonus disk is housed inside an envelope glued the the inside back cover, and is probably the only negative I have with this purchase
Don,

If you happen not to have time to watch the series, you may send them to me and I can preview them for you--esp. the unaired pilot. Posted Image

BTW, it actually says "The Book of Three"? I would think they would have had it read either "The Book of Shadows" or "The Power of Three" (or maybe even "Quake" J/K).

Seriously, enjoy!

#40 of 40 Don Giro

Don Giro

Supporting Actor

• 817 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted November 25 2008 - 06:07 AM

Yeah. It looks like the "Book of Shadows," not the "Book of Three" like I originally posted. It's been a LONG time since I watched this show! My bad!

Once again it's too bad that they don't make these sets available "empty" (except for the bonus materials) for all those fans who have collected the seasons all along, especially since it looks like the discs are the exact same ones from the season sets. It just isn't fair, I tell ya...

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow