Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Murder, She Wrote: Season 9 DVD boxset?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#1 of 34 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted June 22 2008 - 02:38 AM

The eighth season boxset of Murder, She Wrote was released on Region 2 recently, so with no announcement yet for the ninth season (1992-93) on Region 1 the first eight seasons have been released in both Region 1 and 2.

Were the Region 1 sales for the eighth season R1 boxset good enough for Universal to release season nine?

#2 of 34 OFFLINE   redbird

redbird

Agent

• 46 posts

Posted August 21 2008 - 02:54 AM

Yeah, what's up with Season 9? All of a sudden, no news at all on this show after
regular releases. I hope Universal isn't killing this show so close to completionPosted Image
Death to double sided DVDs!

Hey Sony-continue our old shows or farm them out already!

#3 of 34 OFFLINE   Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Lead Actor

• 9,420 posts

Posted August 21 2008 - 05:52 AM

This is such a fun show. Unfortunately, we stopped purchasing them after the second season. Those dang flippers again. We had to return each season at least once for a replacement.

#4 of 34 OFFLINE   jamoon2006

jamoon2006

Stunt Coordinator

• 138 posts

Posted August 21 2008 - 06:20 AM

Count me in as wanting this released as well. It would stink to get 2/3 of the way through the series and have it cut off. This show is great to watch, particularly now with such a dearth of light mystery shows on TV.

The flippers were bad for Seasons 1-3, but at least Universal learned its lesson and have gone with single-sided discs for Seasons 4-8. When and if this is released, I'd like to see another retrospective...I enjoyed hearing Angela Lansbury's comments on the earlier season sets.

#5 of 34 OFFLINE   Dan*T

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

• 534 posts

Posted August 21 2008 - 02:07 PM

Could this fire have screwed things up for them??
Dan T.

#6 of 34 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted August 21 2008 - 03:34 PM

I honestly have not heard of one single, solitary line of ongoing DVD releases, or announced DVD releases, or what have you, that have had any DVD production or release delays, or whatever, due to that fire. I've seen no announcements that the fire caused the destruction of anything vital to a DVD release, or source material irreplaceable and needed for a DVD release, or whatever.

I'm kind of thunderstruck by how many times the speculation has turned up this particular avenue since the big blaze (it's mentioned in the "where's Rockford?" thread, too). It's Universal, folks; they pretty much do what they want to do schedule-wise, when they want to do it. The only ones less predictable about this seems to be Sony. So it's funny, to me, how the fire seems to be where everyone turns to now to put the blame on, whereas if the same situation happened a year ago everyone would guess that sales had sucked on Season 8, or else just shrug their shoulders and say "oh, well...it's Universal". Posted Image
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#7 of 34 OFFLINE   Jeff*H

Jeff*H

Supporting Actor

• 704 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted August 22 2008 - 05:41 AM

Additional proof that the fire is not responsible for the delay of this or Rockford: future seasons of MSW as well as season 6 of Rockford are up on Netflix Instant Viewing app.

Therefore, it's obvious the material has been converted to digital files already and is clearly prepped for DVD release should they choose to do so.
Facebook members, be sure to visit my Hawaii Five-0 Celebration page:  http://www.facebook....113331868678710

#8 of 34 OFFLINE   70sTVlover

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator

• 242 posts

Posted August 22 2008 - 06:05 AM

Well after watching the adverts on my Monk season 6 boxset for Murder She Wrote, it says at the end Season 9 coming soon...

#9 of 34 OFFLINE   DavidBC

DavidBC

Second Unit

• 401 posts

Posted September 07 2008 - 08:09 AM

It would be a shame not to finish this series. they were released so consistently that the lack of news is disconcerting. Four more sets and a set of the tv movies would be terrific.
I don't care for modern films. All crashing cars and close-ups of people's feet.
-Lillian Gish

#10 of 34 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted November 05 2008 - 10:00 AM

A new news article has been posted on TVShowsOnDVD today about Murder, She Wrote and it's ninth season on DVD. I'll use the word 'could', in case the boxset gets delayed. The ninth season 'could' be coming out in February 2009.

#11 of 34 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted November 08 2008 - 04:48 AM

Below is the link to the new news article on TVShowsOnDVD about Season 9 of Murder, She Wrote, posted on there this past Wednesday:

Murder, She Wrote DVD news: Early Box Art for Murder, She Wrote - The Complete 9th Season | TVShowsOnDVD.com

#12 of 34 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted January 29 2009 - 10:35 AM

Will there be a review of Murder, She Wrote's ninth season set on the HTF forum?

#13 of 34 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,587 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted January 29 2009 - 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveCrest
Will there be a review of Murder, She Wrote's ninth season set on the HTF forum?

Yes, I'll be doing it, but since the set doesn't street until February 17th, it's far down my review stack at the moment.

#14 of 34 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted January 30 2009 - 10:01 AM

I thought I'd ask in advance.

#15 of 34 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted March 18 2009 - 05:54 PM

Did you all see Gord's news post on TSoD about the 10th season set? Uni is asking fans for their inputs on an episode that was aired in the 11th season but was produced in S10. That's great news about a studio reaching out for fans' input on a TV/DVD release. Imo, Uni deserves a Posted Image for this.

The news post link is here

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#16 of 34 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted July 17 2009 - 09:45 AM

Will there be a HTF review for the 10th season set of Murder, She Wrote?

#17 of 34 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted August 08 2009 - 06:48 AM

Has anyone bought the 10th season of Murder, She Wrote on Region 1? As there was no HTF forum review for the set I was wondering whether the picture quality was the same as that for the ninth season set (which had gone from a glossy sharp-ish picture to a more softer picture quality)? I read from on TVShowsOnDVD that it is a five disc set again. Season 10 is coming out on Region 2 at the end of this month (31st August).

#18 of 34 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,587 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted August 08 2009 - 10:06 AM

I was not assigned the set to review, so I bought a copy for my own collection, and I finished it today. The picture quality is similar to the last season. Sharpness varies and so does color quality/density. There are white speckles scattered throughout owing to the age of the masters. I would give it a 3.5/5 for picture quality.

#19 of 34 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted August 09 2009 - 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattH. View Post

I was not assigned the set to review, so I bought a copy for my own collection, and I finished it today. The picture quality is similar to the last season. Sharpness varies and so does color quality/density. There are white speckles scattered throughout owing to the age of the masters. I would give it a 3.5/5 for picture quality.
Thanks for replying back. The comments are appreciated. It gives me an idea of what to expect when I buy the Region 2 set of the tenth season.

The eleventh season episode "Amsterdam Kill" is being included in the Region 2 set as well.

#20 of 34 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted October 27 2009 - 08:49 AM

The eleventh season of Murder, She Wrote has been announced by Universal. News was posted on TVShowsOnDVD today. The URL link to the news article is below:

Murder, She Wrote: The Complete Eleventh Season (1994-95) (Region 1) - TVShowsOnDVD news article