Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Synching contacts, round 2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

Executive Producer

• 16,875 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted June 17 2008 - 07:36 AM

OK, as I posted yesterday I consolidated ALL of my contacts between my old phone, several gmail accounts and several other sources, slurped em all into Windows Address Book, got rid of the corruption problems I had, reduced the duplicates and chopped out the junk. It now has every piece of contact info I need no matter where I am. It looks awesome on the iTouch.

So, here's my question. If I update contacts on the Touch will those changes get fed back to my Windows Address Book? That would be great, because for whatever reason WAB will only export the primary email address per contact. I tried exporting to comma seperated value files and re-importing to something a bit more robust, but found this major limitation and nowhere on Google or anywhere do I see anyone else complaining about this, so I don't know, maybe its just me but its annoying.

What I was hoping to do then was to just take this final version, put it on my iTouch, then have the touch synch back those contacts on my mac. Will this work? Could I tell it to synch to a different machine than the one that put that stuff there? I know you can't do this with music but I wouldn't think your own data would be prohibited from double hopping like that...

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt