What's new

Universal to release three Judd Apatow films on September 30 (1 Viewer)

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
The word has started to hit distributors that September 30 will see the release of three of Judd Apatow's comedies by Universal. "Forgetting Sarah Marshall," "Knocked Up," and "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" will come separately and in a "Judd Apatow 3-Pack".

MSRP should be $39.98 for day-and-date "Forgetting Sarah Marshall", $29.98 for the other two, and $89.98 for the box set.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
So, do you think when Nicholas Stoller and Jason Segel see Forgetting Sarah Marshall announced as part of a Judd Apatow three-pack, they gnash their teeth in annoyance or just sigh and count their money? :)

DanR

Supporting Actor
Universal "promised" 40 titles by year's end, right? Just counting here:
July - 3 (The Mummy, The Mummy Returns, Scorpion King)
August - 7 (Doomsday, Scorpion King 2, U-571, Miami Vice, End of Days, Heroes Season 1, Heroes Season 2)
September - 3 (Forgetting Sarah Mashall, 40 YO Virgin, Knocked Up)

So, we're up to 13 (and it's possible there may be a few more to come in September). However, at this pace, I doubt they'll hit 40 by 12/31/08.

Has a studio EVER hit it's promised # of titles? I remember studios saying, "We'll release 100 in high definition this year." Usually, they get to about 70-80% of the promised title count. So let's say Universal gets 80% there. That would be ~32. With 13 announced, maybe 2 more in Sept...that would mean about 5-6 each month in October, November, & December (with two guaranteed to be The Incredible Hulk & The Mummy 3). Seems reasonable to me.

Regards,
Dan

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Sony's promised 100 this year. They'll be at 35 by June 30, but that doesn't count the glut of titles that studios release in Q3 and Q4. Not counting current theatrical titles, they've got 32 in the pipes for the rest of the year, and that's without Sep-Dec being announced. Again, 33 more announcements is a bit of a stretch, but not all that hard to reach.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I hope the theatrical cuts of the films are included, especially for THE 40-YEAR-OLD VIRGIN.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member

I agree. And that they include ALL the SD-DVD bonus material from KNOCKED UP that didn't make it onto the HD-DVD. I'd buy the Blu-Rays of both KNOCKED UP and 40-YEAR-OLD VIRGIN -- even though I won't make a pittance from my older HD-DVDs -- if we're given theatrical cut options and full bonus features.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks