Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

*** Official THE INCREDIBLE HULK Discussion Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
62 replies to this topic

#1 of 63 OFFLINE   JonZ

JonZ

Lead Actor

• 7,793 posts

Posted June 09 2008 - 07:41 AM

Harrys review is up at AICN.

Now while there arent many spoilers for plot - being the geek he is, he goes into ALOT of the little things Marvel has put into the film and how theyre building up crossovers.

One example is (not too bad, but relating to Capt America)
The person who injects Abomination is Dr. Reinstein, who gave Steve Rogers the Super Soldier Serum

There is one big spoiler about guessing how one character will be used in future Hulk films if they make them.

#2 of 63 OFFLINE   JonZ

JonZ

Lead Actor

• 7,793 posts

Posted June 11 2008 - 01:22 AM

James Bs review.

He gives a small spoiler warning about cameos, though its nothing we dont already know....

ReelViews Movie Review

Was Ang Lees Hulk really 5 years ago????

#3 of 63 OFFLINE   Kachi Khatri

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted June 11 2008 - 03:12 AM

I came across this site with Hulk's Amazing Feats from the comics with some cool pics. Actually some of them would be amazing to see them filmed for future sequels.

The Incredible Hulk's Most Amazing Feats - Bam! Kapow!

#4 of 63 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted June 11 2008 - 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonZ
Was Ang Lees Hulk really 5 years ago????
I mean! Time flies. I only saw this when it appeared on pay TV so it kind of works out for me.

I've decided not to see this. All the talk about The Happening has me more interested in it. It's gonna be wild. But I'm predicting a low turnout for both flicks. Hulk will probably edge out The Happening. Superhero fans are hungry for more after Iron man. And the newest trailers and early reviews of Hulk tell a different story than what the old trailers were saying.
Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#5 of 63 OFFLINE   JonZ

JonZ

Lead Actor

• 7,793 posts

Posted June 11 2008 - 05:23 AM

"The Incredible Hulk's Most Amazing Feats - Bam! Kapow!"

Funny to read some of that. Ate Galactus? Posted Image

#6 of 63 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 25,046 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted June 13 2008 - 08:47 AM

This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "The Incredible Hulk". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "The Incredible Hulk" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#7 of 63 OFFLINE   Richard_D_Ramirez

Richard_D_Ramirez

Second Unit

• 439 posts

Posted June 13 2008 - 10:01 AM

I enjoyed the film today. I enjoyed the many references; Huge amounts to the 70's TV show (even the Lonely Man theme!), Captain America, Iron Man, the Leader (Sterns). I would love to see the Hulkbusters in a future film.
A Casualty of Casual Causality: My casual blog on the 'net.

#8 of 63 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,891 posts

Posted June 13 2008 - 10:32 AM

My audience loved the Lou Ferrigno cameo.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#9 of 63 OFFLINE   DavidPla

DavidPla

Screenwriter

• 2,357 posts

Posted June 13 2008 - 10:41 AM

What were Lou Ferrigno and Stan Lee's cameos like? Unfortunately I won't be able to see the film for a while so if someone could put it in spoilers I'd appreciate it.

#10 of 63 OFFLINE   Brett_M

Brett_M

Screenwriter

• 1,333 posts
  • LocationMos Eisley Spaceport

Posted June 13 2008 - 12:39 PM

Just got back from seeing this with my kids. It's about what I expected: better than Hulk and almost as good as Iron Man. I'm very happy with the result. A fun flick. Definitely a must-see in a good theatre. My only complaint: they showed too much in the trailers. Other than that, I thought the action and performances were spot on.
Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it meant to roast in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.

#11 of 63 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,935 posts

Posted June 13 2008 - 04:35 PM

Loved the cameo at the end. I heard something cool was at the end...But, didn't know what. Posted Image
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#12 of 63 OFFLINE   Jose Martinez

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter

• 1,113 posts

Posted June 13 2008 - 05:20 PM

Funny, after Iron Man many people actually stayed after the credits for The Incredible Hulk hoping they would see more. I kinda had a feeling there wasn't going to be more since Stark does appear before the credits.
Live Free or DIE!!!!!

#13 of 63 OFFLINE   Najib_H

Najib_H

Stunt Coordinator

• 78 posts

Posted June 13 2008 - 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_M
My only complaint: they showed too much in the trailers.

My thoughts exactly!!! I was just talking about that with my friend. Now days it seems like they give way to much in the trailer and all we go see is the dialog. Die Hard 4 anyone?

But besides that great film, better than Iron Man.

#14 of 63 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,946 posts

Posted June 14 2008 - 12:50 AM

Saw this last night and thought it was very good. The CGI Hulk and Abomination need some work, and the Abomination's voice was a cliche, but other than that, it was a really good film. Very enjoyable, intense in places, funny in others (the NYC cab ride was a hoot). Here's hoping Norton comes back for more.

#15 of 63 OFFLINE   Zack Gibbs

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter

• 1,687 posts

Posted June 14 2008 - 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar_merkx

With regards to Mr Blue, to me it looked like he could be The Leader from the comics. Any truth to that ?

Mr. Blue was Dr. Sameul Sterns, and according to the internet "The Leader" is Dr. Sameul Sterns.

"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a DARK KNIGHT."

#16 of 63 OFFLINE   Lenny Rakes

Lenny Rakes

Stunt Coordinator

• 119 posts

Posted June 14 2008 - 05:07 AM

Saw this yesterday. While not as good as Iron Man I really had a fun time watching it. This movie was definitely better than the first Hulk.

Now Marvel Studios needs to go back and reboot the X-Men and Fantastic Four.

#17 of 63 OFFLINE   Jose Martinez

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter

• 1,113 posts

Posted June 14 2008 - 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack Gibbs
Mr. Blue was Dr. Sameul Sterns, and according to the internet "The Leader" is Dr. Sameul Sterns.

plus
his growing head kinda gave it away too

Live Free or DIE!!!!!

#18 of 63 OFFLINE   Kachi Khatri

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted June 14 2008 - 07:49 AM

I'm seeing this tonight, but what pisses me off is I'll be watching two thirds of the movie, because there's 70 minutes of footage cut (that's almost a whole movie) which will be available on DVD (blu-ray only).

See here...
70 Minutes Missing From Hulk, Including Captain America?

#19 of 63 OFFLINE   Lenny Rakes

Lenny Rakes

Stunt Coordinator

• 119 posts

Posted June 14 2008 - 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachi Khatri
I'm seeing this tonight, but what pisses me off is I'll be watching two thirds of the movie, because there's 70 minutes of footage cut (that's almost a whole movie) which will be available on DVD (blu-ray only).

See here...
70 Minutes Missing From Hulk, Including Captain America?

Seriously, 70 minutes of more fortage would have been overkill, unless one of the additional scences would have been Hulk inadvertenly freeing Captain America from his frozen prison.

#20 of 63 OFFLINE   Jose Martinez

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter

• 1,113 posts

Posted June 14 2008 - 08:44 AM

First of all, this movie is about The Incredible Hulk not Captain America. There will be a Captain America movie in a year or 2. Captain America is not even cast yet so why show it (if it's actually true) when the actor will just be different in the movie?
Live Free or DIE!!!!!

Back to Movies (Theatrical)

Forum Nav Content I Follow