What's new

Kill Bill Vol One and Two (Bluray 9/9/08) (1 Viewer)

Ruben Rivera

Auditioning
From Bluray.com posted today:

Kill Bill Coming This September
Posted June 13, 2008 05:43 PM by Josh

Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment has revealed via their retailer site that they will be bring 'Kill Bill Part 1' and 'Kill Bill Part 2' to Blu-ray on September 9th. Its way too early to talk about specs or special features - we'll have to wait for the press release for that - but the fact that these highly anticipated films are finally coming to Blu-ray should make many fans smile.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
What about The Whole Bloody Affair? No sale!

:D

Nah..! I've held out too long for TWBA. I finally pick these up on Blu-ray and be happy.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Julian I wouldn't count on it. The color sequence is one of the main distinctions between the cut that Disney retains and the cut Weinstein owns. I've lost interest the longer cut, they've been sitting on it too long.

KB 1&2 are must haves for me, hopefully Disney will followup in the not to distant future with Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown and Sin City.

With these and L.A. Confidential, September is shaping up to be a great catalog release month so far. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Different companies. Buena Vista owns the theatrical/US films w/B&W sequences, Weinstein owns TWBA/Director's/Japanese films. Thankfully, Weinstein's home video arm Genius Products already has a BD or two planned ("Lonesome Dove" is one), and some reliable sources have posted that Weinstein should be releasing not only BD versions of some of their HD DVDs, but also some new stuff like "1408".

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
As much as i love Kill Bill 1, i hated the second. It could have been 1 very good movie, with some cutting. IMO of course. Having said that, i will get part 1 on Blu!

zackscott5

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Zack Scott
Sweet!!! I hope the box this set up and not put it as a single issue for each movie. Oh wait I forgot...this is Di$ney.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Can't wait. I held out on buying the DVDs, waiting for The Whole Bloody Affair. Don't think I'll bother waiting this time w/ the BD... unless there's very solid info that's coming soon afterward.

_Man_

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"I'll probably just wait for 'The Whole Bloody Affair'. I'm happy enough with the DVDs for now."

Me too.

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
^ Third but its nice that this is coming out. Maybe the Weinsteins and Tarantino will get off their asses now and finally release the damn thing.

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
I'm with RickER, in that I adore the first one, but found the second one seriously wanting (that last 45 minutes just deflates it utterly. A monstrous let-down after such a superb buildup). That said, I still think part 2 is worth owning for the good stuff in it, which is very good.

But...no Japanese full-color 'House of Blue Leaves' chapter in the Vol. 1 BD, no sale. I've got the Japanese import standard-def DVD, and I'll gladly stick with that if need be. I found the switch to black & white in the U.S. cut distracting. And what can I say...I like bloody movies.

--Jefferson Morris

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

What is wrong w/ the switch to B&W? Was that not Tarantino's intention? Seems like an odd choice, if he didn't actually want that. I'd think the studio would rather colorize it than the other way around ;) :D though I suppose they might've been averse to the amount of blood (in color) in this instance -- I don't really remember that scene all that well now. I honestly don't know the story behind that myself.

_Man_

DanR

Supporting Actor
Absolute must buys for me. They've been showing the boxes at CES since about 2005 or so.

Regards,
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks