Photo
- - - - -

Kill Bill Vol One and Two (Bluray 9/9/08)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 of 42 Ruben Rivera

Ruben Rivera

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted June 13 2008 - 03:22 PM

From Bluray.com posted today:

Kill Bill Coming This September
Posted June 13, 2008 05:43 PM by Josh

Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment has revealed via their retailer site that they will be bring 'Kill Bill Part 1' and 'Kill Bill Part 2' to Blu-ray on September 9th. Its way too early to talk about specs or special features - we'll have to wait for the press release for that - but the fact that these highly anticipated films are finally coming to Blu-ray should make many fans smile.

#2 of 42 TravisR

TravisR

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 20,717 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted June 13 2008 - 03:24 PM

That's pretty cool. I hope Jackie Brown and Grindhouse follow soon.

Cue all the posts saying "What about The Whole Bloody Affair? No sale!"

#3 of 42 Chris S

Chris S

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted June 13 2008 - 04:20 PM

What about The Whole Bloody Affair? No sale!

Posted Image

Nah..! I've held out too long for TWBA. I finally pick these up on Blu-ray and be happy.
DVD & Blu-ray - It's all about the movies!

#4 of 42 Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Advanced Member

• 10,146 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted June 13 2008 - 06:57 PM

I'm excited.
One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#5 of 42 JulianK

JulianK

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted June 13 2008 - 08:31 PM

Any hope that this will be the uncensored / colour version of Kill Bill?

#6 of 42 Jim_K

Jim_K

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 10,089 posts

Posted June 14 2008 - 01:24 AM

Julian I wouldn't count on it. The color sequence is one of the main distinctions between the cut that Disney retains and the cut Weinstein owns. I've lost interest the longer cut, they've been sitting on it too long.

KB 1&2 are must haves for me, hopefully Disney will followup in the not to distant future with Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown and Sin City.

With these and L.A. Confidential, September is shaping up to be a great catalog release month so far. Posted Image
Death before Streaming!

#7 of 42 Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted June 14 2008 - 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris S
What about The Whole Bloody Affair? No sale!

Posted Image

Nah..! I've held out too long for TWBA. I finally pick these up on Blu-ray and be happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianK
Any hope that this will be the uncensored / colour version of Kill Bill?
Different companies. Buena Vista owns the theatrical/US films w/B&W sequences, Weinstein owns TWBA/Director's/Japanese films. Thankfully, Weinstein's home video arm Genius Products already has a BD or two planned ("Lonesome Dove" is one), and some reliable sources have posted that Weinstein should be releasing not only BD versions of some of their HD DVDs, but also some new stuff like "1408".
"Would I rather be feared or loved? Um...easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."
--Michael Scott, The Office

"When I get sad I just stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story."
--Barney Stinson, How I Met Your Mother

#8 of 42 RickER

RickER

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,130 posts
  • LocationTulsa, Oklahoma

Posted June 14 2008 - 03:14 AM

As much as i love Kill Bill 1, i hated the second. It could have been 1 very good movie, with some cutting. IMO of course. Having said that, i will get part 1 on Blu!

#9 of 42 zackscott5

zackscott5

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted June 14 2008 - 03:36 AM

Sweet!!! I hope the box this set up and not put it as a single issue for each movie. Oh wait I forgot...this is Di$ney.
Check Out my Webseries "Laserdisc Memories" at  http://www.laserdiscmemories.com

#10 of 42 ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,792 posts

Posted June 14 2008 - 05:07 AM

Can't wait. I held out on buying the DVDs, waiting for The Whole Bloody Affair. Don't think I'll bother waiting this time w/ the BD... unless there's very solid info that's coming soon afterward.

_Man_
Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (St. Paul)

#11 of 42 Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted June 14 2008 - 06:10 AM

These will be mine.
Universal Blu-ray Discs I will not be buying while they're offered only as Blu-ray + DVD 'flipper' discs:

The Jackal
, Out of Africa, and Traffic.

#12 of 42 Joe Karlosi

Joe Karlosi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,994 posts

Posted June 15 2008 - 02:19 AM

Here are two more titles for me to add to my list if I buy that Blu-ray player this Christmas.

#13 of 42 Tim Glover

Tim Glover

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 7,558 posts

Posted June 15 2008 - 03:32 AM

the DTS mix on the sd-dvd is truly remarkable...imagine a lossless track. Wow.

#14 of 42 Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,684 posts

Posted June 15 2008 - 03:49 AM

I'll probably just wait for 'The Whole Bloody Affair'. I'm happy enough with the DVDs for now.
Recently watched- Arrow: Season 1, The Road, Hanna, The Rock, Fist Of Legend, 48 Hrs., Psycho III, Predator 3D, Gravity 3D, G.I. Joe: Retaliation 3D, The Monster Club, Death Valley, The Edge, Night Of The Comet, The Lone Ranger(2013), Beauty and The Beast: Season 1, Badlands, White House Down, Psycho II

Currently watching- Planet Earth, The Twilight Zone: Season 1, Cheers: Season 6, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, Simon & Simon: Season 3, Beauty and The Beast: Season 2

"Class isn't something you buy. Look at you, you've got a 500 dollar suit on and you're still a low life."

#15 of 42 JonZ

JonZ

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 7,793 posts

Posted June 16 2008 - 12:27 AM

"I'll probably just wait for 'The Whole Bloody Affair'. I'm happy enough with the DVDs for now."

Me too.

#16 of 42 ChadMcCallum

ChadMcCallum

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted June 16 2008 - 07:47 AM

^ Third but its nice that this is coming out. Maybe the Weinsteins and Tarantino will get off their asses now and finally release the damn thing.

#17 of 42 Jefferson Morris

Jefferson Morris

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted June 16 2008 - 08:08 AM

I'm with RickER, in that I adore the first one, but found the second one seriously wanting (that last 45 minutes just deflates it utterly. A monstrous let-down after such a superb buildup). That said, I still think part 2 is worth owning for the good stuff in it, which is very good.

But...no Japanese full-color 'House of Blue Leaves' chapter in the Vol. 1 BD, no sale. I've got the Japanese import standard-def DVD, and I'll gladly stick with that if need be. I found the switch to black & white in the U.S. cut distracting. And what can I say...I like bloody movies.

--Jefferson Morris
"If fakes, they were masterpieces."

--The New York Times commenting on Willis O'Brien's dinosaurs in The Lost World (1925).

"From the two trailers I've seen, the movie looks like AIDS."--Recent thread post on AICN

#18 of 42 Mike Williams

Mike Williams

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted June 17 2008 - 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferson Morris
I found the switch to black & white in the U.S. cut distracting. --Jefferson Morris

I'll bet you REALLY hated JFK and Nixon then.

#19 of 42 ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,792 posts

Posted June 17 2008 - 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferson Morris
But...no Japanese full-color 'House of Blue Leaves' chapter in the Vol. 1 BD, no sale. I've got the Japanese import standard-def DVD, and I'll gladly stick with that if need be. I found the switch to black & white in the U.S. cut distracting. And what can I say...I like bloody movies.

--Jefferson Morris

What is wrong w/ the switch to B&W? Was that not Tarantino's intention? Seems like an odd choice, if he didn't actually want that. I'd think the studio would rather colorize it than the other way around Posted Image Posted Image though I suppose they might've been averse to the amount of blood (in color) in this instance -- I don't really remember that scene all that well now. I honestly don't know the story behind that myself.

_Man_
Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (St. Paul)

#20 of 42 TravisR

TravisR

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 20,717 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted June 17 2008 - 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-Fai Wong
What is wrong w/ the switch to B&W?
They switched that scene to black and white so they could get an R rating.

Back to Blu-ray

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow