Jump to content



Sign up for a free account to remove the pop-up ads

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

What Titles Would You Like to see on Blu-Ray???


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
170 replies to this topic

#41 of 171 OFFLINE   Matt Butler

Matt Butler

    Screenwriter



  • 1,921 posts
  • Join Date: Jun 23 2001

Posted June 17 2008 - 07:23 AM

My wish list is as follows:
X Men Trilogy
Bourne Trilogy
Grindhouse
Zodiac
Aliens 1-3
Dollars trilogy
Finding Nemo
Incredibles
Titanic
Under the Tuscan Sun
se7en

I still buy catalog titles in SD. Much cheaper and some dont look much different. Im not rebuying LOTR or Star Wars in Blu. Not worth the repurchase.
My Blu Rays
http://www.blu-ray.c...ol...=Dj Matt B

Favorite films of all time in no order
1. Zodiac 2. Dawn of the Dead (1978) 3. The Good The Bad and The Ugly 4. Blade Runner 5. The Warriors 6. Dark Knight 7. The Godfather  8. Bullitt 9. Experiment in Terror 10. Raiders of the Lost...

#42 of 171 OFFLINE   Ron-P

Ron-P

    Producer



  • 6,283 posts
  • Join Date: Jul 25 2000
  • Real Name:Ron

Posted June 17 2008 - 09:42 AM

Thanks for the info Jesse.
You have all the weapons you need...Now fight!


#43 of 171 OFFLINE   Brad Vautrinot

Brad Vautrinot

    Stunt Coordinator



  • 202 posts
  • Join Date: Mar 16 1999

Posted June 17 2008 - 12:41 PM

Here are a few from my ever-changing list of movies I'd like to see migrate to Blu-ray:

Jaws
Indiana Jones Foursome
The Alien Quadrilogy
Se7en
Disney Classic Animation
South Pacific
Marathon Man
The African Queen
Lord Of The Rings Trilogy
Lawrence of Arabia
A.I Artificial Intelligence
North by Northwest
Serenity
The Deep
The Abyss
Arsenic and Old Lace
The Last Of The Mohicans
Chinatown
Amelie
Angel Heart
Apocalypse Now - Redux
Bad Day At Black Rock
Shane
The Thin Red Line
Tombstone
Saving Private Ryan
Gladiator
Lifeboat
Silverado
Open Range
Road to Perdition
The Wind and the Lion
Manchurian Candidate, The (1962)
True Lies
Farewell To The King
To Kill A Mockingbird
The Bourne Trilogy
Finding Nemo
Antz
A Bug's Life
Monsters, Inc.
A Fish Called Wanda
About Schmidt
Key Largo
Haunting, The (1963)
The Big Sleep
The Maltese Falcon
Jacob's Ladder
Ravenous
Red Dragon
The Company Of Wolves
Brotherhoof Of The Wolf
Day The Earth Stood Still, The
Zardoz
Van Helsing
Winchester '73
Frailty
Dead Calm
Psycho
Treasure Of The Sierra Madre, The
Red River
Name Of The Rose, The
Miller's Crossing
Manhunter
Laura
In Harm's Way
Hombre
The Ghost and the Darkness
The French Connection
Electra Glide In Blue
The Bridge On The River Kwai
The Cell
Gone With The Wind
Meet Me In St. Louis
Platoon
Sweeney Todd
Silence Of The Lambs
Sin City
To Live and Die in L.A.

Brad
From the rocking of the cradle to the rolling of the hearse, the going up was worth the coming down.

#44 of 171 OFFLINE   Gabriel.H

Gabriel.H

    Stunt Coordinator



  • 111 posts
  • Join Date: May 09 2005

Posted June 17 2008 - 01:56 PM

Gladiator
Alien, Aliens and Alien 3
LOTR trilogy (extended editions)
Star Wars saga
X-Men 1 & 2
Terminator 2 Special Edition

#45 of 171 OFFLINE   John Dirk

John Dirk

    Second Unit



  • 412 posts
  • Join Date: May 07 2000

Posted June 17 2008 - 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Vautrinot
Here are a few from my ever-changing list of movies I'd like to see migrate to Blu-ray:

Jaws
Indiana Jones Foursome
The Alien Quadrilogy
Se7en
Disney Classic Animation
South Pacific
Marathon Man
The African Queen
Lord Of The Rings Trilogy
Lawrence of Arabia
A.I Artificial Intelligence
North by Northwest
Serenity
The Deep
The Abyss
Arsenic and Old Lace
The Last Of The Mohicans
Chinatown
Amelie
Angel Heart
Apocalypse Now - Redux
Bad Day At Black Rock
Shane
The Thin Red Line
Tombstone
Saving Private Ryan
Gladiator
Lifeboat
Silverado
Open Range
Road to Perdition
The Wind and the Lion
Manchurian Candidate, The (1962)
True Lies
Farewell To The King
To Kill A Mockingbird
The Bourne Trilogy
Finding Nemo
Antz
A Bug's Life
Monsters, Inc.
A Fish Called Wanda
About Schmidt
Key Largo
Haunting, The (1963)
The Big Sleep
The Maltese Falcon
Jacob's Ladder
Ravenous
Red Dragon
The Company Of Wolves
Brotherhoof Of The Wolf
Day The Earth Stood Still, The
Zardoz
Van Helsing
Winchester '73
Frailty
Dead Calm
Psycho
Treasure Of The Sierra Madre, The
Red River
Name Of The Rose, The
Miller's Crossing
Manhunter
Laura
In Harm's Way
Hombre
The Ghost and the Darkness
The French Connection
Electra Glide In Blue
The Bridge On The River Kwai
The Cell
Gone With The Wind
Meet Me In St. Louis
Platoon
Sweeney Todd
Silence Of The Lambs
Sin City
To Live and Die in L.A.

Brad

What a list. I'll never forget Frailty. Who knew Bill Paxton could be so creepy. I have to ask. Would you actually purchase all of these titles on Blu-Ray disc? I would have to stagger that list over several years to avoid a divorce. Posted Image

John
"The names Francis Sawyer, but everybody calls me "Psycho."
Any of YOU guys call ME Francis, and I'll kill ya!"

My Home Theater
My BlogMy Travels

#46 of 171 OFFLINE   Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins

    Producer



  • 6,396 posts
  • Join Date: Aug 30 2001
  • Real Name:Lee

Posted June 17 2008 - 03:30 PM

Some great suggestions but I would add:

Seabiscuit
Viewing: Sony KDSXBR150, Sony Bluray S570, ATT Uverse
Listening: Sony SCD777ES, Benchmark DAC1Pre, VPI/Modwright SWP9SE/Lyra Argo, Audio Research Ref3/VT100, Maggie 1.7s

 


#47 of 171 OFFLINE   Brad Vautrinot

Brad Vautrinot

    Stunt Coordinator



  • 202 posts
  • Join Date: Mar 16 1999

Posted June 18 2008 - 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dirk
What a list. I'll never forget Frailty. Who knew Bill Paxton could be so creepy. I have to ask. Would you actually purchase all of these titles on Blu-Ray disc? I would have to stagger that list over several years to avoid a divorce. Posted Image

John
Hi John,

Yes, I would - assuming that they would be staggered over a reasonable period of time. I couldn't afford to buy them all at once.

I always felt that Bill Paxton had it in him to do good work. Like Ben Affleck, though, his directing ability is superior to his acting ability.

Brad
From the rocking of the cradle to the rolling of the hearse, the going up was worth the coming down.

#48 of 171 OFFLINE   Phil Menard

Phil Menard

    Stunt Coordinator



  • 52 posts
  • Join Date: Jun 16 2004

Posted June 18 2008 - 01:37 AM

Please don't judge me too harshly.

LadyHawke
Singin' in the Rain
O' Brother, Where Art Thou?
Taxi (French; at least the first two)
Trinity series (At least the first two "actual" Trinity's)
Wasabi
Drunken Master 2
Krrish
Daimajin Trilogy
Les Miserables in Concert
The Relic
Lake Placid
Some Like It Hot
What's Up, Doc?
The One
The Great Race
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
Bride & Prejudice
Suspiria
The Ring
The Three Musketeers/The Four Musketeers
Them ('54)
Quatermas Trilogy
Tokyo Raiders
Love Actually
Doc Hollywood

Variety is the spice of life.

#49 of 171 OFFLINE   John Dirk

John Dirk

    Second Unit



  • 412 posts
  • Join Date: May 07 2000

Posted June 18 2008 - 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Menard
Please don't judge me too harshly.

LadyHawke
Singin' in the Rain
O' Brother, Where Art Thou?
Taxi (French; at least the first two)
Trinity series (At least the first two "actual" Trinity's)
Wasabi
Drunken Master 2
Krrish
Daimajin Trilogy
Les Miserables in Concert
The Relic
Lake Placid
Some Like It Hot
What's Up, Doc?
The One
The Great Race
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
Bride & Prejudice
Suspiria
The Ring
The Three Musketeers/The Four Musketeers
Them ('54)
Quatermas Trilogy
Tokyo Raiders
Love Actually
Doc Hollywood

Variety is the spice of life.

It's all about what you like. Besides, the more Blu Ray releases the better.

John
"The names Francis Sawyer, but everybody calls me "Psycho."
Any of YOU guys call ME Francis, and I'll kill ya!"

My Home Theater
My BlogMy Travels

#50 of 171 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

    Executive Producer



  • 11,067 posts
  • Join Date: Mar 15 1999
  • Real Name:John Williamson
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted June 22 2008 - 04:17 PM

I'm shocked that it took 33 posts to go by before someone mentioned Titanic!
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#51 of 171 OFFLINE   Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

    Producer



  • 5,287 posts
  • Join Date: Apr 08 1999

Posted June 22 2008 - 11:37 PM

Well since I saw it on Universal HD so a HD trasnfer of it exists Howard Stern's Private Parts, to replace that crappy 10 year old DVD. C'mon Paramount how bout it?
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#52 of 171 OFFLINE   ChrisCook

ChrisCook

    Screenwriter



  • 1,500 posts
  • Join Date: Jun 22 2001

Posted June 23 2008 - 12:59 AM

Beautiful Girls.

With "October Road" creators Scott Rosenberg (the screenwriter of this film), Josh Appelbaum, and André Nemec now behind the British television remake of "Life on Mars", Disney; this is the perfect time for a high definition release. Also, an HD transfer has been made. There's a high demand for this, as evident by this thread here on HTF:

http://www.hometheat....t-reissue.html

So once again I ask you, please bring "Beautiful Girls" to Blu-ray, and finally give the current OOP DVD, an anamorphic transfer with extras along with the original theatrical trailer (in 1080p on Blu-ray, please).

#53 of 171 OFFLINE   Ferdinand Hudson

Ferdinand Hudson

    Stunt Coordinator



  • 88 posts
  • Join Date: Jan 26 2007

Posted August 08 2008 - 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_R

Highlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Moritz
[*]Highlander Trilogy

Considering the rights to the various Highlander films are all over the place a trilogy set (or even a quadrilogy or a 5-movie set) is at the moment out of the question. You may however find comfort in that Studio Canal in France is scheduled to release the first Highlander film on Blu-Ray on October 23 this year according to Amazon.fr.

The Germans have also been so kind as to supply us with the original cut of Highlander 5 on Blu-Ray, if you are so inclined. Posted Image

#54 of 171 OFFLINE   Paul D Snyder

Paul D Snyder

    Stunt Coordinator



  • 217 posts
  • Join Date: Jan 05 2003

Posted August 17 2008 - 05:01 AM

My Blu-Ray Wishlist:

Jurassic Park
Star Wars (ORIGINAL TRILOGY)
True Lies
Star Trek IV
The Haunting
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
A Bug's Life

#55 of 171 OFFLINE   David Deeb

David Deeb

    Supporting Actor



  • 845 posts
  • Join Date: Nov 17 2005

Posted August 17 2008 - 05:41 AM

My short answer is: everything. Don't even look @ the SD section any more. I can't stand it. (Exception - The Three Stooges Collection - took so long to get 'em in chronological order, I doubt HD is anytime soon).

But hopeful for:

Jaws
Star Wars (original trilogy)
Donnie Darko
Weird Science
Ferris Bueller
Breakfast Club
LOTR
Batman (Tim Burton)
Batman Returns
My Favorite Year
Eagles: Farewell Tour 1
REM - Perfect Square
Justice League Seasons 2, 3 and 4
Incredibles
X-Men Trilogy
Fish Called Wanda
Local Hero

#56 of 171 OFFLINE   MielR

MielR

    Supporting Actor



  • 989 posts
  • Join Date: Jun 14 2006
  • Real Name:MielR

Posted August 17 2008 - 03:39 PM

I pretty much own every movie on DVD that I have an interest in owning, so for Blu-ray, I'd really just like to see some of my all-time favorites get released (that haven't already been announced):

Grease
Saturday Night Fever
(with the deleted scenes that were left off the last DVD release, preferably)
Back to the Future
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Murder By Death
(*ahem* with those 4 deleted scenes that were only in the TV version) Posted Image
Harold and Maude (I mean, who doesn't want to see Ruth Gordon in Hi-Def!) Posted Image
Young Frankenstein
The Muppet Movie
A Hard Day's Night
Help!
Yellow Submarine
Airplane!
Victor/Victoria
Sleuth (1972)
Deathtrap
Xanadu
The Wizard of OZ
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Phantom of the Paradise
(with some decent extras this time, please!)
The Abominable Dr. Phibes (and the sequel)
The Picture of Dorian Gray


And in the "yeah, right, don't hold your breath" category:

Star Wars (1977 version)
The Empire Strikes Back (1980 version)
Return of the Jedi (1983 version)

SAVE STAR WARS! BOYCOTT THE BLU-RAYS! "Like" us here:

http://www.facebook....ycotttheblurays


#57 of 171 OFFLINE   Joe Fisher

Joe Fisher

    Screenwriter



  • 1,379 posts
  • Join Date: May 11 2001
  • Real Name:Joseph E Fisher

Posted August 17 2008 - 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MielR
I pretty much own every movie on DVD that I have an interest in owning, so for Blu-ray, I'd really just like to see some of my all-time favorites get released (that haven't already been announced):

Young Frankenstein

Young Frankenstein has been announced and is coming October 7th:

Amazon.com: Young Frankenstein [Blu-ray]: Gene Wilder, Peter Boyle, Marty Feldman, Teri Garr, Liam Dunn, Leon Askin, Danny Goldman, Gene Hackman, Richard Haydn, Madeline Kahn, Lidia Kristen, Monte Landis, Cloris Leachman, Arthur Malet, Kenneth Mars,

#58 of 171 OFFLINE   Loregnum

Loregnum

    Stunt Coordinator



  • 112 posts
  • Join Date: Jul 31 2008

Posted August 18 2008 - 01:15 AM

There are too many to list (As in I want basically every movie to be released in blu-ray) but one I would really like soon and done well is True Romance.

#59 of 171 OFFLINE   Douglas Monce

Douglas Monce

    Producer



  • 5,514 posts
  • Join Date: Nov 16 2006

Posted August 18 2008 - 02:25 AM

I agree with Clue. The production design of that film is fantastic and would lend itself well to HD. Not to mention making it easier to follow all the little details.

Add to that.

Tequila Sunrise (1988)
Klute (1971)
The Parallax View (1974)
The Budd Boetticher/Randolph Scott westerns
The Maltese Falcon(1941)
The Big Sleep (both versions)
Escape from New York (1981)
The Thing (1951)
The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)
It Came from Outer Space (1953)
The Ghost Breakers (1940)
Fantastic Voyage (1966)
The Andromeda Strain (1971)
Jason and the Argonauts (1963)
Logan's Run (1976)
The Three Musketeers (1973)
The Four Musketeers (1974)
Rebel Without a Cause (1955)
Chinatown (1974)
The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956) (good excuse to restore it)
Psycho (1960)
12 Angry Men (1957)
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (1954)
The Satan Bug (1965)

And any of the old Republic Serials

Doug
"I'm in great shape, for the shape I'm in."
Bob Hope in The Ghostbreakers

#60 of 171 OFFLINE   MielR

MielR

    Supporting Actor



  • 989 posts
  • Join Date: Jun 14 2006
  • Real Name:MielR

Posted August 18 2008 - 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Fisher

Thanks, I don't know how I missed that! Posted Image
SAVE STAR WARS! BOYCOTT THE BLU-RAYS! "Like" us here:

http://www.facebook....ycotttheblurays



Back to Blu-ray



Forum Nav Content I Follow