What's new

Any word about Stardust on Blu-ray? (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I really enjoyed this film and sold off my HD-DVD copy so I'd love to have this on Blu. Any word about Paramount reissuing this on Blu, hopefully with a lossless track as well?

Thornhill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tony
I also loved this movie. Hopefully someone out there knows something.
It would be great to have it on Blu-Ray!

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
For the record, here are the HD-DVD exclusive Paramount/DreamWorks releases from August 2007-March 2008 that have yet to see a BD release:

Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy - Unrated, Uncut & Uncalled For!
Arctic Tale
Beowulf - Director's Cut (BD scheduled for 7/29)
The Heartbreak Kid (2007)
Hot Rod
Into the Wild
A Mighty Heart
Old School - Unrated
Shrek the Third (BD scheduled for 9/16)
Star Trek: The Original Series - Season 1
Stardust
Things We Lost in the Fire
Top Gun (BD scheduled for 7/29)
Transformers (BD scheduled for 9/2)
Zodiac - Director's Cut

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Sweeney Todd was not released on HD-DVD. It was slated for (appropriately enough) April 1st.

Never mind; Paul posted the same info.

- Walter.

Gabriel.H

Stunt Coordinator
Given the fact that they have already set release dates for a few re-issued titles such as Shrek The Third and Beowulf, I am sure they are planning to release the rest at some point. And looks like all the re-issues so far are getting Dolby TrueHD.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Some folks with access to retailer date info (and who have very good track records) have stated the film is coming sometime in November. Grain of salt, but based on how accurate the sources have been, just a tiny grain.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Any word on the November rumor? I just started the book and would love to see this again, on Blu.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Judas Priest where is this film on Blu? It's done, it's been on HD-DVD! Paramount?

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
One of several examples of titles I won't be getting rid of on HD DVD (Mutiny on the Bounty and Grand Prix are a couple of others I anticipate will take a lot longer than Stardust to go "blu"--probably Forbidden Planet as well). While I'm acquiring the BDs I want and my collection is growing, I have no intention of "getting rid of" my HD DVDs (over 120 titles) unless/until both my players give up the ghost. Since I still have a functioning CD player from 1985 among my audio gear, I don't anticipate both players dying anytime soon.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I still have to see this. Love the cast and have heard good thihngs about it. Keep forgetting to check it out.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron

I only invested in a few HD-DVDs, I only bought those that had lossless audio tracks so selling it all off was no big deal. This film is my last want from the HD-DVD era.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Exactly how I think about it, if you change 120 to 220 and "both my" to "my three" (I added an XBox360 HD DVD player to my collection to play it even more safely).

If I have the HD DVD version, I'm not buying the BD unless it's a clear improvement and I like the film more than average (until now: none).
(BTW: I would do the same thing the other way around, if applicable at all, it's not because of a preference I would entertain.)

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks