-

Photo
- - - - -

Any word about Stardust on Blu-ray?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#21 of 27 PaulDA

PaulDA

Screenwriter

• 2,577 posts
  • LocationSt. Hubert, Quebec, Canada

Posted January 30 2009 - 04:32 PM

So far the only HD DVD in my collection I even consider worth upgrading (and it's not a priority) is American Gangster. Otherwise, they'll get replaced by a BD when my two players are dead.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes time, and it annoys the pig.

#22 of 27 Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,283 posts

Posted August 20 2009 - 06:06 AM

Anyone have an update on this title?

You have all the weapons you need...Now fight!

#23 of 27 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

Lead Actor

• 7,144 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted August 20 2009 - 10:46 AM

Sadly, no. Paramount is still likely waiting for a cross promotion of some kind. (It's just one of 2 Paramount HD-DVD 'catch-up' titles yet released, the other being Anchorman).

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#24 of 27 Brandon.B

Brandon.B

Stunt Coordinator

• 125 posts

Posted January 13 2010 - 05:01 PM

Any update of a region 1 blu-ray of this yet? Its up for pre-order on amazon uk.....

#25 of 27 Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,283 posts

Posted June 08 2010 - 08:51 AM

It's now up for pre-order on Amazon here in the states. So, does this mean we might see it soon? Anyone?

http://www.amazon.co...76030266&sr=8-2

You have all the weapons you need...Now fight!

#26 of 27 ScottJH

ScottJH

Second Unit

• 483 posts

Posted June 08 2010 - 09:47 AM

Probably August 3rd when Kick-Ass also a Matthew Vaughn directed film is released on Blu.

#27 of 27 PatW

PatW

Screenwriter

• 1,490 posts

Posted June 08 2010 - 11:22 AM

If that's so, I wish I had waited. I just ordered it from amazon uk. Looking foward to this one. I bought the dvd from someone on Amazon marketplace a while ago and unfortunately they sent me a bootleg copy.