What's new

Hi Defintion Equipment Owned (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You should have included HD CRT TVs: both rear projection and direct view.

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
I have an LCD front projector, a small LCD flat panel (computer monitor but used as a display--it is HDMI/HDCP compliant and has a resolution of 1680x1050), an HD DVD player (A2) and an HD PVR in the HT room. I have another HD PVR and HD DVD player in the living room, but currently hooked up to an SDTV.

Edited to add:

I've recently added a PS3 to the setup--which completes my HT for the foreseeable future. An HDMI receiver/pre-pro will be the next upgrade, but that one is a few years away (unless my receiver unexpectedly "dies" or I come into some unexpected money).

thomasd92

Auditioning
Real Name
thomas
In my theater room I have an Optoma HD80 projecting onto a 106 electric 16x9 screen. HD sources are Samsung 1400, A35, JVC 40000 hd-vcr, Directv HR20-700 and for sd a Sony 995 changer and Oppo 970 for all region and sacd.
Audio is provided by an Onkyo PR-SC885 pre-amp ,4 Crown XLS402 power amps,
Salk Sound HT2's and Salk Center on order( I am using Diva Center for now) , Swann Diva R1 sorrounds,4.1 for rears and an Epic Tower sub. I have a Emotiva MPS-2 on preorder to replace the pro amps.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Just updated my status here. I am now the proud owner of a 32" Sony Bravia LCD, and have had an HD-A30 since the end of January. Working on my theatre one piece @ a time. Next will either be a new receiver and speakers or a PS3.

Update: 2009/04/03-- I now have a Sony STR-DG720 7.1 HDMI receiver and a Sony BDP-S350. I love tax return season!

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
In October 2006 I purchased the Sony's "cutting edge" in HD technology, the SXRD rear projection HD TV. It was only a little over a year later that Sony dumped the technology. I have been pleased with mine, so far. I also have an HD DVR through Comcast, which I wish had more space for HD broadcasts.

CptGreedle

Grip
Real Name
David H
I have a Sony Bravia XBR 46" HDTV
Yamaha HTR-6090 Receiver (7.1)
JBL ControlXtreme speakers (upgrading to Polk Audio soon - I hope)
Sony PS3
Cox Cable HD package and HD receiver with built in HD DVR

it is a great set up.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I have a Samsung HD CRT. Is that considered 'front projection?"

"Ya gotta know the lingo..." Alas, I am weak... :)

For me, the answer is "yes" it handles it via analog 5.1 connections...but I would hardly describe a Sony STRDE-445 as "high-def." :laugh: Do you?

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Front projection means "projecting from the front", as in a projector. Rear projection is a projection display projecting onto a screen located in the same cabinet as the projection elements (CRT, LCD, SXRD, LCOS). I'm guessing yours is rear projection, Mike.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Well, based on Stephen's guess (Thanks, Stephen!) I put down Rear Projection CRT HD display.

And even though I hesitate to call my receiver "high-def", I put it down, too...since I am channeling lossless audio through it via analog connections.

Also, HD DVR and Blu-ray player.

Hope I don't throw off the curve with those other answers. ;)

davewilson

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave Wilson
Maybe someone on this forum can help (no help on HDTV hardware forum yet). I have an 8 year old HD rear projection Mitsubishi (73 inch model). So far, not compatible with the new Directv HR21 DVR. The DVR outputs in 3 cable component (YPrPb) and HDMI. HDTV doesn't have HDMI. The component input of the HDTV is 5 cable (YPrPbHV). The 3 cable output of DVR is not compatible with 5 cable component input on HDTV. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Dave.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks