Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Finally, French Postcards on dvd.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,749 posts

Posted June 10 2008 - 02:27 PM

Great film from 1979 starring Debra Winger, Mandy Patinkin, and an all around great cast of actors. Arrives on dvd July 1st. Just when I think my dvd collection is near completion, another lost favorite pops up out of nowherePosted Image

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Jon Hertzberg

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter

• 1,495 posts

Posted June 10 2008 - 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan^H
Great film from 1979 starring Debra Winger, Mandy Patinkin, and an all around great cast of actors. Arrives on dvd July 1st. Just when I think my dvd collection is near completion, another lost favorite pops up out of nowherePosted Image

Yes, but it's still got the "rescored" soundtrack. Speaking of the cast, don't forget Miles Chapin, David Marshall Grant, Blanche Baker, Marie-France Pisier, Jean Rochefort, and the dearly departed Valerie Quennessen. The Legend DVD cover misspells Ms. Quennessen's last name, but no matter, I will still probably pick this up in spite of the altered soundtrack.

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,749 posts

Posted July 19 2008 - 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Hertzberg
Yes, but it's still got the "rescored" soundtrack. Speaking of the cast, don't forget Miles Chapin, David Marshall Grant, Blanche Baker, Marie-France Pisier, Jean Rochefort, and the dearly departed Valerie Quennessen. The Legend DVD cover misspells Ms. Quennessen's last name, but no matter, I will still probably pick this up in spite of the altered soundtrack.
Just got the dvd yesterday. The altered soundtrack is disappointing, but I still enjoyed it. It's been a while since I had seen it. I have to say Valerie Quennessen shines in this film. She was a great actressPosted Image The picture quality isn't perfect, but it's still worlds better than the vhs copy I have. Very pleased to own this on dvd.
Although it's very brief, it's weird seeing nudity in a PG movie. The PG-13 rating had a lot of movies that had nudity early on, but seems like it's an 80's thing only. Presently, nudity in films seems reserved for an R rating only.

housekeeping 2.jpg

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,749 posts

Posted July 24 2008 - 04:04 AM

BTW, if there are any Paramount titles you would like released on dvd, please contact Legendfilms.com.

Paramount is licensing a large number of films to them. Smaller titles, that would never get a release otherwise.

Drop them a line to get a release you want.

housekeeping 2.jpg

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Rod J

Rod J

Stunt Coordinator

• 176 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted July 24 2008 - 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan^H
BTW, if there are any Paramount titles you would like released on dvd, please contact Legendfilms.com.

Paramount in licensing a large number of films to them. Smaller titles, that would never get a release otherwise.

Drop them a line to get a release you want.

Would "smaller titles" include things like "Samson and Delilah" and "The Buccaneer"?

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,749 posts

Posted July 25 2008 - 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod J
Would "smaller titles" include things like "Samson and Delilah" and "The Buccaneer"?
Yes. On their website Legendfilms has all the contact e-mails you need. They aren't above some of the older classics that Paramount will never release. But if they are black and white films, be careful. They love colorization. IF you want I'll request the two films you have listed also, as I can't think of one Paramount title I need on dvd.

housekeeping 2.jpg

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,219 posts

Posted July 27 2008 - 04:56 AM

Bryan, do you know who the best person to contact at Legend is?

I had something I was going to email them about and wasn't sure which department would be best.

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   RandyfromCanada

RandyfromCanada

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted July 27 2008 - 05:23 AM

What about Robert Mitchum's "The Friends of Eddie Coyle" (1973)...?

would this be part of that group?

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Jon Hertzberg

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter

• 1,495 posts

Posted July 27 2008 - 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Martin
Bryan, do you know who the best person to contact at Legend is?

I had something I was going to email them about and wasn't sure which department would be best.

I've had luck contacting VP of Marketing Maria Mason. She let me know well in advance of their releases that both French Postcards and Baby It's You contained "rescored" soundtracks.

Back to DVD

Forum Nav Content I Follow