What's new

Samsung Firmware Fix (1 Viewer)

Markicio

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
If you download and updated the firmware on the Samsung LN-T4061, 4065, 4661 or 4665 and noticed that the picture is not clear, follow these steps to correct that. I found this on another forum so all respect and credits to the original posting individual!

"In the below settings, you'll want to press buttons slowly. The TV lags between when you press a button and when it responds.

0. Set the TV onto an unused source so you have a black or blue screen. This makes reading the menu easier in later steps.
1. Turn the TV off.
2. On the remote, press MUTE, 1, 8, 2, POWER
3. The TV will turn on into service mode. It takes a few seconds after powering on to display the service menu.
4. Using the arrow buttons on the remote, go down to Option Byte and press Enter.
5. Arrow down to "Lvds Tx Fmt" and press Enter.
6. Using the right and left arrow buttons, change the setting. Mine was set to JEIDA. Setting it to VESA fixed things.
7. Press Menu to exit.
8. Turn the TV off to apply the changes.

Also, check the info from the link I posted (below) to make sure that a few other settings in Option Byte are correct for your tv.

Quote:
Make sure the SCREEN SIZE is correct: Panel Option = 46AMW for LN-T4665 displays, and 46AM for LN-T4661 displays.
Make sure that if you own an LN-T4x65 that your Lvds Tx Bit = 10bit.
Make sure if you own an LN-T4x61 that your Lvds Tx Bit = 8bit.
If you own an LN-T4x65, your should change your model so it says "Tulip Side."
If you own an LN-T4x61, you should change the model so it says "Tulip." "

htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

vlin

Auditioning
Real Name
Victor
Thanks for the post. The suggestion does help my problem. Now my HD channels and HDMI channels are back to normal. However, all my analog channels are showing purple/blue ish pictures. Anyone knows how to solve the problem?

Victor

Bang n Olufsen

Auditioning
Real Name
Prakash
Hi you may want to go back into the Tech menu and do a system reset, however my suggestion, prior to the reset, take some digital photos of the the various pages and keep as insurance incase the RESET wipes out the set information.

I am aware that after a firmware update, it is always a good idea to reset, then set the Vesa etc usually it is plug and play as it detects the LCD as well as the PCB version and basically sets the parameters auto pilot.

Please note that this works majority of times , however proceed at your risk, if it works then it works if not you can always refer to your camera shots to retune manually various parameters.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
I am aware that after a firmware update, it is always a good idea to reset
this is a bad idea...VERY BAD!!!

If you go into the service menu and hit reset this take the display from the current state to the factory state PRIOR to their initial calibration of it.

Also, when you enter the service menu you VOID the warranty.

My suggestion, if your display has an issue contact Samsung warranty support to get a fix for it.

Bang n Olufsen

Auditioning
Real Name
Prakash
I had already talked to Samsung service hence as my TV was not in Manufacturers warranty, hence I was able to try it, however of course if in warranty one should use ones discretion.

I wonder if there is a write method from the TV into the USB port so that I could save it before attempting any change?

Originally Posted by Gregg Loewen

this is a bad idea...VERY BAD!!!

If you go into the service menu and hit reset this take the display from the current state to the factory state PRIOR to their initial calibration of it.

Also, when you enter the service menu you VOID the warranty.

My suggestion, if your display has an issue contact Samsung warranty support to get a fix for it.

jennigirly

Grip
Real Name
Faraz
Originally Posted by Markicio

If you download and updated the firmware on the Samsung LN-T4061, 4065, 4661 or 4665 and noticed that the picture is not clear, follow these steps to correct that. I found this on another forum so all respect and credits to the original posting individual!

"In the below settings, you'll want to press buttons slowly. The TV lags between when you press a button and when it responds.

0. Set the TV onto an unused source so you have a black or blue screen. This makes reading the menu easier in later steps.
1. Turn the TV off.
2. On the remote, press MUTE, 1, 8, 2, POWER
3. The TV will turn on into service mode. It takes a few seconds after powering on to display the service menu.
4. Using the arrow buttons on the remote, go down to Option Byte and press Enter.
5. Arrow down to "Lvds Tx Fmt" and press Enter.
6. Using the right and left arrow buttons, change the setting. Mine was set to JEIDA. Setting it to VESA fixed things.
7. Press Menu to exit.
8. Turn the TV off to apply the changes.

Also, check the info from the link I posted (below) to make sure that a few other settings in Option Byte are correct for your tv.

Quote:
Make sure the SCREEN SIZE is correct: Panel Option = 46AMW for LN-T4665 displays, and 46AM for LN-T4661 displays.
Make sure that if you own an LN-T4x65 that your Lvds Tx Bit = 10bit.
Make sure if you own an LN-T4x61 that your Lvds Tx Bit = 8bit.
If you own an LN-T4x65, your should change your model so it says "Tulip Side."
If you own an LN-T4x61, you should change the model so it says "Tulip." "

htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Try this:
-When Smart TV logo is displayed on the screen, Press Mute 2 5 8 EXIT on the remote (in sequence).
And let us know the result!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks