What's new

Deep Discount sale is ON! (Spring 2008) (1 Viewer)

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
So far I have successfully used codes:

USATODAY
PRICESEARCH
HTF01

The Invaders (26.79) ordered for $21.44.

Also ordered Dr. Quinn season 3 (hey, it's for my sister!) for $24 (it's discounted to $49 at Amazon).

All You Need Is Love (15-hour BBC music documentary - list $99) for $49.

Happy Shopping!

P.S. - I forgot to add ... please submit other codes as you learn of them. Thanks!

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
Since the sale doesn't include pre-orders, I'm holding off 'til next week when "The Fugitive" season 2, vol. 1 is released, but will be picking up "The Invaders," "Mannix," and all three seasons of "I Spy;" each season of "I Spy" will be less than $11 shipped! "Mannix" is currently in the #5 sales slot for all DVDs!

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
Actually, DVD Planet has the cheaper price on seasons 2 and 3 of I Spy. Since both are having the same sale, it's best to compare prices at each to see which has the better deal.

heathjack

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Heath
I'm getting brave starr, he-man master of the univser2002 version, mr denisty movie and the surmfs. my mom and dad is getting for my birthday.

Bonedwarf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve
Oh I hate you. And my credit card hates you:)

Anyone know any huge uber bargains right now? (Since it's thanks to fine people on here that I picked up Brisco County for 75% off a few months back.)

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Here's a longer list of usable codes submitted by Chris Gerald on the HTF Bargain thread:

DDAF
DD1109
DVDTALK
USATODAY
NYTIMES
SUPERSALE
DDDCD
DD1110
DVDPRICESEARCH
LATIMES
ESPN
YAHOO
JIM
WGN
PRICESEARCH

The reason you might need additional codes is that a code can only be used once per sale, so if you go back again between now and June 22 and want to make additional purchases, you have to enter a different code. I have friends who lump all their picks into one purchase, but I'm always remembering something else I want and going back again. Or, since you can only order stuff in stock, you might be waiting for releases coming out next week (Fugitive Season 2, Vol. 1) or the week after. Costly, yes. Fun for DVD hunter-gatherers, heck yeah.

Bonedwarf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve
Spent 3 hours trawling the site and looking at stuff, putting it in my cart... Ultimately didn't spend a dime as I had to stop and consider whether I actually NEEDED, say, the Space 1999 Megaset. (A steal at $60.)

So my credit card was spared the horror. Kinda disappointing really as there's nothing I really WANT right now. The few shows I'm collecting I'm up to date on. No major movie sets or anything I want right now either.

Ho-hum...

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
The only set I've ordered so far has been a Columbo- 4th season (didn't own any seasons of this yet, so I figured it was time).
I will be getting Fugitive S2 V1, and even though I know I won't bev watching it before the Nov. sale rolls around, the enclosed movie pass with The latest Hulk sets brings the practical cost of those down to $15. I may as well pick up S3 since I was planning on seeing the movie anyway.
It's hard for me to justify getting many TV sets this time around. I just have too many from previous sales unwatched, and I'm watching the msrp's fall on them from sale to sale as they just collect dust on my shelf.
That said, I may pick up the first Dark Shadows Beginings set as I'm blowing thru the other sets I have of this show pretty quick now, and those will be sold off as I finish them.

Gene M

Stunt Coordinator
The only thing I ordered is Dragonball Z season 5, bewitched S6, Barney Miller S2. I'm also on tight budget :frowning: I'm looking for a new job, due to problems at work Grrrr! plus I need to make more $$

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes

I've been unemployed since January. If it were'nt for Disability I'd be in Despair.:frowning: There is Absolutely NO WORK available in Florida.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Picked up Battlestar Galactica season 3, Equalizer season 1 and Three Stooges collection. I had a credit at DVD Planet. Actually ordered Wild Wild West season 3 and Untouchables season 2 at Amazon where it was cheaper at 50% off.

Roni F

Stunt Coordinator
So the codes won't work for pre-orders even if the DVD is coming out during the sale? I was going to pre-order ER S9, but I guess I'll have to wait until release day (the 17th) to order it.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Roni,

That's correct. That's why I usually place my DD order during the last couple of days in the sale. Mine are loaded up in the "cart" waiting for the 20th :)

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

You could still order those titles that are currently available now using one of the codes posted by Hollywoodaholic in post #6 and then use a different code for the DVD that's coming out on the 17th (each sale code can only be used once). But I'm with Jeff, I also have a title ("Brenner") that's not being released until next week and I'm simply holding off to do a single order.

FranklinC

Stunt Coordinator
Picked up the new Stooges set and the MST3K movie that was released a few weeks back. That's probably it for me. BDs are STILL too expensive, even with 20% off!

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Since we're heading into the 2nd week of the sale. I was curious as to how you all are doing with the DD sale.

I have 11 TV/DVD sets & 1 movie in the cart with 1 a big "maybe" (Fugitive S2V1) & 2 "on the fence".

EQUALIZER S1
LOVE BOAT S1 V1
WILD WILD WEST S4
UNTOUCHABLES S2 V1
MATLOCK S1
BURKE'S LAW Not sure yet.
BEWITCHED S6
MISSION:IMPOSSIBLE S4 On the fence here; 50/50 either way.
THE INVADERS S1
RAWHIDE S3 V1
MANNIX S1

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
My orders have mainly been movies, but as far as TV-on-DVD goes, I purchased:

RAWHIDE: SEASON 3, VOL. 1
MUTUAL OF OMAHA's WILD KINGDOM: Definitive 50-Episode Set
I SPY: SEASON 1
THE FUGITIVE: SEASON 2, VOL. 1 (before I found out about the soundtrack change) :frowning:

And from DVD PLANET's identical sale:

I SPY: SEASON 2 (a bit cheaper than at DD)
I SPY: SEASON 3 (ditto)

Due to a possible pricing error, I managed to nab MANNIX: SEASON 1 from a local Blockbuster Video store the other day for a slightly cheaper price than either DD or DVD PLANET's sale prices.

I couldn't wait on THE INVADERS: SEASON 1; I pulled the trigger on that one in May, before the sale, knowing that I was going to order a lot of other stuff from the sales anyway. It was worth paying a couple of dollars more just to be able to watch it a little sooner (shipments from DD and DVD PLANET to my mailbox seem to be much slower than they used to be).

I also ordered THREE STOOGES COLLECTION 2 (1937-39) from DVD PLANET, and will be ordering POPEYE COLLECTION 2 (1938-1940) from DEEP DISCOUNT, although I don't really think of those as "tv shows", any more than I think of the Tarzan movies of the 1930s-1960s as a tv show, even though they were bundled together into a weekly tv syndication package, in days of yore.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I ordered a bunch of stuff from the sale right out of the gate on June 5 and still haven't received any of it? Anyone else in the same boat? That's more than 10 days. I don't remember waiting that long during previous sales.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks