Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Blade Runner (Five-Disc Collector's) Blu-ray: $14.95 @ Amazon & Free Ship Eligible

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 of 17 OFFLINE   Jeff Meyers

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor

• 605 posts

Posted June 02 2008 - 10:48 AM

Blade Runner (Five-Disc Complete Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray] (2007)

List Price: $39.99
Price: $14.95 & eligible for free shipping with Amazon Prime
You Save: $25.04 (63%)

Link: Amazon.com: Blade Runner (Five-Disc Complete Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray]: Harrison Ford, Sean Young, Rutger Hauer, Ridley Scott: Movies & TV

#2 of 17 OFFLINE   Bill Thomann

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor

• 581 posts

Posted June 02 2008 - 01:07 PM

Not any more. $21.95 now (45% off)

#3 of 17 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,388 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted June 06 2008 - 05:15 AM

Not having a BD player, I haven't kept a close eye on software prices. It seems to me that $22 is still a darn good price for a 5 disc edition of such a highly respected film. Fortunately, I grabbed it when it was $15.

Great, I'm buying software and no way to play them. I figured this was as good as it gets for Blade Runner.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#4 of 17 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,316 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted June 06 2008 - 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell
Great, I'm buying software and no way to play them.
I did the same thing and some of my friends told me that it didn't make sense to do that but when I did get a Blu Ray player, I had 7 or 8 movies (which I paid great prices for) to watch rather than 1 or maybe 2 to watch. I showed them bastards! Posted Image

#5 of 17 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,872 posts

Posted June 06 2008 - 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR
I did the same thing and some of my friends told me that it didn't make sense to do that but when I did get a Blu Ray player, I had 7 or 8 movies (which I paid great prices for) to watch rather than 1 or maybe 2 to watch. I showed them bastards! Posted Image

Yah. $15 is a great price for the BR set -- almost made me buy it a 2nd time for a gift or backup or something, LOL. The BR set is what finally got me to jump into BD back in late December.

BTW, a friend of mine actually bought the Shakira BD as his first one w/ no expectation of getting a player in the near future -- talk about impulse buy. He jokingly said he's following another friend's lead from the early days of DVD when there was still a lot of concern about titles going OOP/moratorium and buying titles before getting a player might make good sense. Posted Image That other friend didn't get his first DVD player for maybe 2 years after starting to buy DVDs of his favorite movies IIRC. Posted Image Haven't heard that he's doing that w/ Blu-ray now though. Posted Image

_Man_
Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (St. Paul)

#6 of 17 OFFLINE   Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen

Producer

• 6,333 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted June 10 2008 - 07:18 AM

the $14.99 link worked for me. I had to add another $11.oo item to my cart to push it over $25 so I could get the free shipping.

thanks guys!!
Now I have it in HD DVD x2, and BR !!!!

The Sonodome - circa 2001
The Newest Sonotube - circa 2001
Gregg's DVDs updated...sometimes
Lion Audio Video Consultants usually current

#7 of 17 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,388 posts

Posted June 10 2008 - 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Loewen
the $14.99 link worked for me. I had to add another $11.oo item to my cart to push it over $25 so I could get the free shipping.

thanks guys!!
I think it just went down in price again. The other day it was more.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#8 of 17 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,240 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted June 10 2008 - 12:52 PM

amazon is matching the walmart $15 blu's
facebook.com/whotony

#9 of 17 OFFLINE   Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter

• 1,275 posts

Posted June 10 2008 - 09:10 PM

Quote:

thanks guys!!

I have this set in both HD DVD and Blu-ray as well. I wonder how many other nuts have done the same. At $15, it is really a great deal but about the only justification I can think of is that it might have good trade value in one of the formats in the future.

Chris

#10 of 17 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,388 posts

Posted June 11 2008 - 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Gerhard
I have this set in both HD DVD and Blu-ray as well. I wonder how many other nuts have done the same. At $15, it is really a great deal but about the only justification I can think of is that it might have good trade value in one of the formats in the future.

Chris
I thought I was crazy (or at least my wife does) buying discs for a player I don't have. At least I only have one copy.Posted Image
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org

#11 of 17 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,316 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted June 11 2008 - 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Gerhard
I have this set in both HD DVD and Blu-ray as well. I wonder how many other nuts have done the same.
Back when it came out, I remember a guy in the Weekly Roundup who was buying the briefcase versions of the DVD, Blu-Ray and HD DVD.

#12 of 17 OFFLINE   Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter

• 1,275 posts

Posted June 11 2008 - 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR
Back when it came out, I remember a guy in the Weekly Roundup who was buying the briefcase versions of the DVD, Blu-Ray and HD DVD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell
I thought I was crazy (or at least my wife does) buying discs for a player I don't have. At least I only have one copy.Posted Image

I couldn't believe a 5 disc set could be sold for such a low price so I would have purchased it also before owning a player if I hadn't purchased players for both formats before this was released. I have multiple players for each format, so I should be able to play both versions for a long time. I did sell my DVD before buying this in HD which I never watched and now I own the HD DVD which I have never watched. In fact, I have only watched The Final Cut so far and who knows when I will get to any of the rest of it. Warner did do a nice job here and at a great price. I suspect the whole thing is just a loss leader for Warner.

The brief case versions make no sense at all to me so I don't have any of those.

Chris

#13 of 17 OFFLINE   Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen

Producer

• 6,333 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted June 12 2008 - 01:37 AM

the briefcase is pretty cool ;-)

The Sonodome - circa 2001
The Newest Sonotube - circa 2001
Gregg's DVDs updated...sometimes
Lion Audio Video Consultants usually current

#14 of 17 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,240 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted June 12 2008 - 03:54 AM

i like my case too.
facebook.com/whotony

#15 of 17 OFFLINE   Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter

• 1,275 posts

Posted June 12 2008 - 08:59 PM

Quote:
the briefcase is pretty cool ;-)

Gregg, you might want to equal out your collection and have two on each format. Tower has it for $11.99 with free shipping with $25 orders. There are quite a number of other releases on sale as well, but nothing like that crazy deal.

Tower.com: Blade Runner - The Complete Collector's Edition ...

Chris

#16 of 17 OFFLINE   Mark_TS

Mark_TS

Screenwriter

• 1,700 posts

Posted June 17 2008 - 07:26 PM

Im getting just more than a little worried at all these BR Blowout sales im seeing everywhere....are they trying to spread the good word?-or clear the dusty shelves of non- moving stock-?
With $5.00 gas close-folks wont be buying too many TVs or players. They may rent...
I just hope it doesnt go the way of HD-SONY has serious money troubles
and of course, a lot of big banks in NY are ready to tumble-keep your eyes open-and if you still own a house with some equity-SELL!!
Foreclosures up 67% in CA alone-Florida has a 5 year inventory of empty condos...wrong time to launch a new format, seems
The Official HTF 'elitist' lol....
"War is God's way of teaching Americans Geography"-Ambrose Bierce

#17 of 17 OFFLINE   Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted June 20 2008 - 04:23 PM

Another 2-for-$30 BluRay sale just went up on Amazon (evening of June 20). Blade Runner is in the mix, but personally I went with Resident Evil and Appleseed 2: Ex Machina, since I already have BR.

The link to the sale is problematic. Better just go to Amazon and hunt.

Edit: Others have observed that Amazon has simply copied BestBuy's 2-for-$30 sale, exactly. Except with Amazon there's free shipping and no tax (mostly), so, they have trumped it just by matching it.

UPDATE: June 22, Amazon deal appears to be gone now.
"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted." -Krysta Now

Back to Bargains and Deals

Forum Nav Content I Follow