Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Eureka Season 3

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
128 replies to this topic

#1 of 129 NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,585 posts

Posted June 02 2008 - 01:35 AM

As mentioned in the Season 2 thread, Season 3 starts on July 29. I just found out that the writers of Eureka have a behind the scenes blog at EUREKA unscripted which has photos from the first episode, a clip from the table read of the first episode and more.

Neil

#2 of 129 Parker Clack

Parker Clack

Executive Producer

• 12,071 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted June 02 2008 - 04:21 PM

Along with Hero's this is the show I can't wait for the new season to start. It has been way too long of a wait for this show to come out with a new season.

"I tried to get my medical records from the company but they say they

are confidential and can only be released to other insurance companies,

pharmaceutical​ reps, suppliers of medical equipment and for some

reason the RNC."

#3 of 129 Marty M

Marty M

Screenwriter

• 2,909 posts

Posted June 03 2008 - 03:43 AM

I remember watching a few episodes during Season 1 and then I watched the marathon of Season 2 that was on SciFi channel a month or so ago. It was right after Comcast started showing SciFi in HD. I am caught up so I am now ready for Season 3.
Lawn Ranger Motto: You're only young once, but you can be always be immature.

#4 of 129 NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,585 posts

Posted June 03 2008 - 05:36 AM

By the way, one very exciting thing from the May 20 entry of EUREKA unscripted
is that Season 3 is 21 episodes! While the first two seasons were 13 hours each, we get at least 21 hours this time around. It is anyone's guess how SciFi will schedule them, but that looks exciting.

Neil

#5 of 129 Parker Clack

Parker Clack

Executive Producer

• 12,071 posts

Posted June 04 2008 - 01:05 AM

I hope they don't show us 3 or 4 episodes in a row then wait a couple of weeks and then start up again. They do that with some shows on Bravo and it drives me nuts.

Parker

reason the RNC."

#6 of 129 NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,585 posts

Posted June 04 2008 - 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Clack
I hope they don't show us 3 or 4 episodes in a row then wait a couple of weeks and then start up again. They do that with some shows on Bravo and it drives me nuts.

Parker
My guess is that they'll have a run of 8-13 episodes and then a break of a number of weeks and then show the rest.

Neil

#7 of 129 Joe_H

Joe_H

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted June 04 2008 - 04:57 AM

SciFi is Universal, right? If so I'd have to agree, because thats what USA seems to do with most of its shows, puts on half in the summer and then the other half in January. (Monk and Psych, for example.)

#8 of 129 NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,585 posts

Posted July 16 2008 - 03:44 AM

Just wanted to mention that EUREKA unscripted
has some Season 3 publicity photos.

Neil

#9 of 129 Marty M

Marty M

Screenwriter

• 2,909 posts

Posted July 16 2008 - 06:39 AM

NeilO, thanks for bumping this thread. I couldn't remember when Season 3 was going to begin. Now that I have Sci-fi channel in HD I will definietly watch or DVR this show.

#10 of 129 Parker Clack

Parker Clack

Executive Producer

• 12,071 posts

Posted July 18 2008 - 02:39 AM

I love the new musical number.

Won't You be My Neighbor? | Videos | SCI FI Video

reason the RNC."

#11 of 129 Bryan Toth

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator

• 206 posts

Posted July 18 2008 - 05:39 AM

Can't wait for season 3 to start! Along with "The 4400", Eureka has been a mainstay for me the past couple of summers. With "The 4400"'s cancellation, it's been a slow summer on TV.

#12 of 129 Stephen Orr

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter

• 1,105 posts

Posted July 19 2008 - 11:56 PM

We will be getting SciFi and USA HD this week (finally), just in time for Eureka. Hurrah!

#13 of 129 Steve Berger

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor

• 954 posts

Posted July 20 2008 - 03:24 PM

And TitanTV has the new episode listed as a repeat, so check your timer settings.

#14 of 129 NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,585 posts

Posted July 24 2008 - 08:30 AM

A few items of interest from EUREKA unscripted
Quote:
Some of you may remember that little Writers’ Strike dealie we had some months back. And you may recall that as a result, we had our episode order increased from 13 to 21 to amortize the costs associated with delaying our production.

Basically, we only had time to complete eight episodes if we wanted to premiere Season Three in our normal July timeslot before we would run out of scripts. We are now at that critical juncture. Then production will go on a hiatus for six weeks while the writers scramble to complete another five episodes before we resume production. It’s a nice problem to have, but exhausting.
They also explain about being sponsored by Degree Men Absolute Protection and
Quote:
Look for the Writers’ Podcast for Episode 301 “Bad to the Drone” to be posted on SCIFI.COM soon after the episode premieres on Tuesday, July 29th. ... NEW WRITERS’ PODCAST COMMENTARIES will follow each week for the remaining seven new Eureka Season Three episodes.

Neil

#15 of 129 NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,585 posts

Posted July 28 2008 - 01:21 AM

Over at EUREKA unscripted they tell us what happened at the San Diego Comic Con Eureka panel (including how the season opens up) and have a picture from the screening of the S3 opening episode. There is a photo of the Eureka Icecream truck they had there. They also remind us that there are S2 marathons today and tomorrow.

Neil

#16 of 129 Marty M

Marty M

Screenwriter

• 2,909 posts

Posted July 30 2008 - 03:55 AM

We had a thunderstorm in our area about the time the show started and I was afraid it would knock out our electricity. Thankfully, only a flicker, so I was able to watch the entire episode. I thought it was a pretty good episode. So Francis Fisher is going to be the designated "bad guy" this season.

#17 of 129 LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport

Screenwriter

• 2,980 posts

Posted July 30 2008 - 07:00 AM

I hope Henry gets out of jail. With the shaved head I am a bit worried he might turn out to be the big bad this season. I am still not sure if he has forgiven Carter for interfering with him saving Henry's girlfriend.

#18 of 129 KevinGress

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

• 604 posts

Posted July 30 2008 - 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryDavenport
I am still not sure if he has forgiven Carter for interfering with him saving Henry's girlfriend.

I'm sure he hasn't - logically he knows that Carter had to, but emotionally, he's still upset about Kim being gone. I hope, though, that something happens this season to reverse the mind wipe that Henry did on him. Right now he seems to have made peace with the fact that Allison's engaged. Imagine the plotline if something happened to Carter to 'remember' the alternate timeline and realize that he could have been fighting for her (and their unborn child), but let her go because Henry erased his memory.

#19 of 129 NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,585 posts

Posted July 30 2008 - 08:12 AM

I enjoyed the first episode. I don't know whether The Fixer really is going to be "the big bad" or not. She might just be some mechanism for shaking things up. We'll have to see how it all develops.

Over at EUREKA unscripted they have more photos from San Diego and they wrote
Quote:
You have questions? We have answers. Just contact us at:

eurekaunscripted@gmail.com
I wrote a few questions earlier today and they wrote back answers within a few hours. Here are some of my questions (with numbers corresponding to their responses in spoiler tags):
Quote:
1) By the way, has Matt Frewer's Jim Taggart been completely written out
of the series now? I was disappointed when he started to disappear
and a new love interest for Jo popped up.

2) Is Callie going to return to the show? 3) Now that Allison and Stark
look to be merging again, Jack needs to move on.
and here are their answers:
Quote:
Taggart has NOT been written out of the series. Sadly, he's not in our first 8 episodes, but Taggart WILL RETURN for Season Four in 2009.
Callie is not back this season, but may return in 2009.
Are you so sure that things are over between Carter and Allison...?! (hint, hint).

#20 of 129 Joe_H

Joe_H

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted July 30 2008 - 08:56 AM

I realize that the sponsors within the show had to be real-world companies who actually sponsored the show, but wouldn't you think they'd be able to come up with something better than a deodorant company?

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow