What's new

Nightmare Before Christmas Blu-ray coming 8/26 (Features and specs announced) (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Here are the specs:

DVD BONUS FEATURES:
· NEW! What’s This? Jack’s Haunted Mansion Holiday Tour – Viewers choose the way they want to tour Disneyland’s Holiday Haunted Mansion. “On Track” explores a tricked-out version of the Haunted Mansion, while “Off Track” reveals what went into creating all the creepy fun.
· NEW! Tim Burton’s Original poem narrated by Christopher Lee – Tim Burton’s poem that inspired the creation of the movie. Now, the original verse comes to creepy life as performed by legendary actor Christopher.Lee.
· NEW! Film Commentary – commentary by producer and writer Tim Burton, director Henry Selick and composer Danny Elfman.
· NEW Introduction To Frankenweenie! – A new un-cut version introduction by Tim Burton.
· The Making of Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas - Go behind the scenes of the very first full-length stop motion animated movie with the filmmakers.
· The Worlds of Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas – Witness the creation of the film’s richly imagined dreamscapes, including Halloween Town, Christmas Town and the Real World.
· Deleted Scenes
· Storyboard to Film Comparison
· Original Theatrical Trailers and Posters
· PLUS Tim Burton’s Complete Short Film Vincent

EXCLUSIVE BLU-RAY BONUS FEATURE:
Includes all DVD Bonus Features, Plus:
· A Special Blu-ray Only Introduction by Tim Burton

Other Specs:
STREET DATE: August 26, 2008
Suggested Retail Price: 1-Disc Blu-ray Disc + 1-Disc DisneyFile: $39.99 US
2-Disc DVD + 1-Disc DisneyFile: $32.99 US
Ultimate Collector’s DVD Gift Set: $179.99 US
(2-Disc DVD + 1-Disc DisneyFile featuring an individually numbered hand-painted bust of Jack Skellington in all his gory glory equipped with a Jack’s “Sandy Claws” hat and beard, a sound chip that plays memorable lines from the film and a letter of authenticity. )
Feature Run Time: 76 minutes
Rated: G
Aspect Ratio: 1.66:1-Original Theatrical Presentation - Anamophoic Enhanced for 16X9 Televisions
Audio: DVD: 5.1 Dolby Digital
Blu-ray: Dolby Digital 7.1 D-TRU HD, 5.1 Dolby Digital (48k-24 bits)
Languages: English, French and Spanish

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
As long as A/V quality is up to spec, this will be a day and date purchase for me. I am trying to limit double dip purchases on BD and this one qualifies as a movie that I love enough to own again in 1080p. :)

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
The fact it will be 16x9 Enhanced is enough of a reason for me to upgrade.

Count me in for 1 copy. :D

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
This'll be a very rare definite upgrade for me. Once the street price drops below $20, that is. . .

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
From the looks of the trailer on other Disney Blu-rays that I've seen lately, this one promises to be a spectacular looking film on Blu-ray. The previews are truly as close to 3-D as any I've seen in any Blu-ray presentation.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
When I heard how great the Corpse Bride HD editions looked, I got my hopes up for this one. Based on their track record so far, I have faith in Disney.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
While I do not expect to have to do so, I would actually pay full list for this one.

The trailer on Narnia looks spectacular, in particular given how poor it has looked for all these years on non-Anamorphic, letter boxed DVD. And Bravo for TruHD.

Being an early adopter lacking DTS-HD MA capability, I hate studios that use only DTS-HD MA rather than an uncompressed or TruHD track.

Thank you Disney.

Brian

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

:eek: That´s nuts! And it´s SD DVD!

(then again, give me Blu-ray-version of this and we´ll talk..)

(or perhaps not..)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Heck, for $179.99 I'll put on a Jack Skellington mask and hand-deliver a copy of the DVD.

And for another $179.99, I'll leave! :D

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Never bought it on DVD because of the poor quality. :P Can't wait for this one on BD. :emoji_thumbsup:

_Man_

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I bought the SE DVD back in 2000 and have watched it about 3 times a year ever since so upgrading to the Blu-ray is a no-brainer for me. I just sold that disc today on Amazon for $20 so I can even apply a bit of profit towards the upgrade.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I wonder if there will be a lower priced DVD version available without the "1-Disc DisneyFile" for people who couldn't care less about such things?

And I'm a little confused. Does this:mean that the entire short of Frankenweenie will be included on this disc or is this an introduction to a soon-to-be-announced standalone release? I know Tim Burton had talked recently about doing a Digital-3D remake of Frankenweenie, so I was expecting that the next time Frankenweenie would show up on video would be to coincide with the release of the remake.

Kelly Payne

Agent
Brian,
I noticed that also.

Some folks on IMDB seem to think that the original VHS contained a version that was about 2.5 minutes longer, so that's probably the one we'll be getting next. Hopefully the "NEW Introduction" will answer all our questions.

:)

Brian Borst

Screenwriter

So it's probably just an introduction by Tim Burton to the uncut version (which was already released on the previous dvd) of Frankenweenie. I think.
Of course you can never totally trust IMDb with this sort of information.

Kelly Payne

Agent
Well, I guess we'll have to wait until somebody gets this disk into their player to find out what's really going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks