What's new

Blue-Underground announces its first titles for Blue Ray (1 Viewer)

MattFini

Supporting Actor
Oh my. Argento in Blu-Ray? Vigilante!? Maniac?

Wow ... I cannot wait for these titles.

Jeff Robertson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff Robertson
- Full 1080p HD Resolution.................................check

- 7.1 DTS-HD and 7.1 Dolby TrueHD Audio............check

- 50GB Dual Layered for Maximum HD Quality.........check

- D-Box Motion Code (on select titles).................check

- Loaded with Extras........................................chec k

- Final Countdown on BD.....................double check and a big woo hoo!!

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Great news! Plenty of double-dipping ahead, though. I have about zillion releases from BU...

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Admittedly, I don't know much about the particular titles listed, but it is good to see Blue Underground in the Blu-ray Disc game nevertheless.

I guess like Matt, I am most intrigued by the Argento films, especially The Bird with the Crystal Plumage. I realize The Final Countdown has a lot of admirers, just look at this thread alone, but I can't say the film did anything for me.

What I am most excited about however was news that the original The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is getting a BD release this September. That warrants another thread me thinks. ;)

troy evans

Screenwriter
Change "Maniac" to "Two Evil Eyes" and that's pretty much me. I'm another excited about "Final Countdown as well. Now, I need them to announce "The Black Cat" and "Q" and it's pig in s**t time....Oh Yeah!

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
Oh. The Stendahl Syndrome. Excellent.

While quite a number of Argento fans hate this movie, I think it's one of his best and the existing American DVD is pretty poor. This could be great.

Vern Dias

Second Unit
Real Name
Theodore V Dias
Yes it would. I transfer home movies to video, and when I started using an HD camera at 1080 30SF, the difference was apparent on 8mm, Super8 and 16mm transfers. Of course this does assume that the film was shot in focus to begin with :).

Vern

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member

The original Troma DVD was poor, but the Blue Underground 2-disc set is really good :)

I only wish that STENDHAL had been remixed in English using the original production audio tracks. The "vocal artists" who replaced most of the voices in that film- in particular Asia Argento- are really terrible.

Vincent

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
I really hope they announce Fulci's Zombi 2. That would look absolutely amazing in HD, especially if it was sourced from the remastered transfer (which I assume it would be).

So far, Maniac and Bird are definite purchases.

Jeff McMillan

Stunt Coordinator
I'll definitely be buying the all the Argento ones. They're not really my faves, but I'd love to see Susperia, Opera, and some others hit the format and I want to show some support. :)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Great news that they're releasing to Blu though there's nothing I want in this batch (but that's okay).

Looking forward to their Spaghetti Westerns, Hammer Horror (if they now have the rights) and Deep Red if they still have the rights (they don't with Suspiria).

troy evans

Screenwriter
No problem :) These releases look so good I may break down and buy a few others. Between BU and Anchor Bay, there's a shit load of stuff I would love to have on Blu. Argento, Soavi, Bava and Coscarelli....and then some!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks