What's new

MCACC question (1 Viewer)

ELSock

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
ok i have a question... i have a pioneer elite 81txv receiver. It has a MCACC feature that allows it to auto calibrate my speakers(lvls, distance, etc..)
anyway i had it run its course (multi sitting position version). and it dropped all of my speaker lvls down by about 4 - 7 decibels. now to get my original volume i have to turn my receiver up that much higher. am i gonna get a clearer sound this way? or should i just turn the lvls back up and leave the receivers volume alone? or leave them the way they are and deal with turning the receiver up higher? any info would be appreciated.

thx

~ELSock~

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The position of the volume control is relative. So what if you have to turn it up a little more. I'm not sure of the accuracy of MCACC even though I use it with my Pioneer receiver as well, but if it adjust relative to Dolby Digital standards then it is much better to use the settings as it suggests. That way when you say that you watch movies at reference levels or 10db below reference, then we all know what levels you are talking about.

-Robert

chuckg

Supporting Actor
Run the whole setup again, but put the volume control lower by 4 dB. that may trick the MCACC into setting your speakers so that the "loudest" one is at zero dB, as it should be. I have no idea why the setup would set everything down by so much, but that may be the reason and the fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks