What's new

Dark Shadows (Original Series) Trivia (1 Viewer)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I don't know if there is any interest, but I thought this would be easier than PM'ing thousands of posters. ;) I know that there are some Dark Shadows fans on this Board, so maybe it will generate some interest.

If you guess correctly, you get to go next. The person that asked the question is the one who determines whether or not the answer is correct. :emoji_thumbsup:

First question:

Within five episodes, name the number of the episode in which we first hear the word 'ghost' mentioned.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I was a big fan, when it actually aired. I remember my mom getting hooked and reeling us kids it, for the record I was probably in 3-4 grade....

..couldn't even remotely know the answer to this though....I suppose it has aged a bit, but I could see going back for a visit to Collinwood..

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Here is a hint. It occurred in the first season. ;)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
And you would be correct! The word 'ghost' is heard in the very first episode.

You're up next. :emoji_thumbsup:

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Alrighty - since it has been so long mine will be based somewhat on memory but backed by the internet.

How many different bartenders worked at the Blue Whale?

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
That's a great question. I know of Bob (he was the one I recall by name most often); there may have been another one or two. I will say ... two?

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Yeah, that seems a bit odd. I was fairly certain that Bob had a helper, but I could be wrong.

You may go again if you like, as I didn't get it right. :emoji_thumbsup:

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I thought I might revive this thread, as it's been a while since anyone asked a question.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Which character in Dark Shadows said the following lines? (Only one character is responsible for each of these lines.)

"I ain't got no bread."

"Hey, cool it. Cool it!"

"Hiya mommy!"

pariste74656

Auditioning
Real Name
Allen

I seem to remember Buffy Harrington as a bartender at the Blue Whale. She had been attacked by John Yeager on a few occasions. That was in the latter part of the series, in a parallel time sequence.

pariste74656

Auditioning
Real Name
Allen
Now that I think of it, who had the FIRST line in Dark Shadows, and what did they say? You must be exact with both.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Pariste,

Well, if you are looking for the opening voiceover by Victoria Winters, that would be:

(Victoria Winters): "My name is Victoria Winters. My journey is beginning. A journey that I hope will open the doors of life to me, and link my past with my future. A journey that will bring me to a strange and dark place ... to the edge of the sea high atop Widow's Hill. A house called ... Collinwood. A world I've never known ... with people I've never met. People, who tonight are still only shadows in my mind. But who will soon fill the days and nights of my tomorrows."

However, if you do not mean the opening voiceover, but rather the first character we see speaking, then I believe that that would be Roger, followed by Elizabeth:

{Collinwood drawing room}

Roger: "A watched pot never boils. To coin a phrase."
Elizabeth: "Don't you think you ought to look in on your son?"

pariste74656

Auditioning
Real Name
Allen
I wasn't talking voice overs. As far as I know the first scene of the first episode was in the diner. Victoria was sitting at the the counter, and Maggie said to her "You JERK!"

QUOTE=Ockeghem]Pariste,

Well, if you are looking for the opening voiceover by Victoria Winters, that would be:

(Victoria Winters): "My name is Victoria Winters. My journey is beginning. A journey that I hope will open the doors of life to me, and link my past with my future. A journey that will bring me to a strange and dark place ... to the edge of the sea high atop Widow's Hill. A house called ... Collinwood. A world I've never known ... with people I've never met. People, who tonight are still only shadows in my mind. But who will soon fill the days and nights of my tomorrows."

However, if you do not mean the opening voiceover, but rather the first character we see speaking, then I believe that that would be Roger, followed by Elizabeth:

{Collinwood drawing room}

Roger: "A watched pot never boils. To coin a phrase."
Elizabeth: "Don't you think you ought to look in on your son?"[/quote]

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Pariste,

Yeah, that may have been one of the first lines in the diner, but not the first line in the show. But you already knew that!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

You may go again if you wish, or I could take a crack at it.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Good question. I know she was in the series, as a Leviathan. I will take a guess and say that that is true.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I realized recently that my question below hasn't yet been answered.

Anyone want a go at it?

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nope, not Hawkes. This guy would have been labeled a 'tough' in 1950s England.

He also said, "Now wait a minute, Mrs. Stoddard" when he was asked to leave Collinwood in the middle of the night. (It's not either of the two men who played Willie Loomis, either.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks