What's new

The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show (1 Viewer)

ClassicTVFan1981

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Benjamin Edge
Hi,

Since it is now less than 24 hours before the release of the DVD of The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show: The Complete Series, Vol. 1, I'd like to find out from all of you here over whether or not the seven shows contained here are from their original ABC broadcasts, or, if they were pieced together from the respective syndicated versions of the shows mentioned (I'm hoping it is the former).

Here is what I expect to find on the DVD:
*Original intro titled The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show, with the opening theme from RR playing, then a few bars of the SD theme play, and then the last of the RR theme ("How rich can you get..."). After the voiceover announces the show's title, Scrappy-Doo adds "... and Scrappy, too" (with an accompanying notepad).
*Richie Rich - Riches
*Richie Rich - Gems
*Scooby & Scrappy-Doo (segment 1)
*Richie Rich - Treasure Chest
*Richie Rich - Gems
*Scooby & Scrappy-Doo (segment 2)
*Richie Rich - Zillion-Dollar Adventures
*Richie Rich - Gems
*Scooby & Scrappy-Doo (segment 3)
*Original 1980 closing credits with 1979 H-B Swirling Star logo at end

Note the "Gems" segments in RR are vignettes used to close out each of the three main RR segments before a commercial break.

~Ben

ClassicTVFan1981

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Benjamin Edge
Hi,

I am right now watching the first disc of the Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show DVD and here are how the closing credit sequences are:

Richie Rich ending credits play first; the 1979 H-B Swirling Star logo appears (bylineless) with the show's music finishing out over it (it still doesn't complete).

Then, the Scooby & Scrappy-Doo ending credits (as we see on S&SD on Boomerang; also on a starburst background). But, no byline on the Swirling Star logo there, either.

Time to check those 16-mm film prints, huh... however, the original opening sequence is restored.

~Ben

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Classi tv fan, if I remember correctly , these opening credits at some point show scooy shaggy , scrappy flying on a magic carpet high over richies estate??? Is this what is usd on the dvd???

troy evans

Screenwriter
Yes, that is in the opening on these discs. I'm enjoying the show so far. It's bringing back fond memories for me. :)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Thanks Troy, thats great to hear, expecting mine in the mail anyday now. What about the short segments , richies treasure chest, gems. Please say they are included on the dvds please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Wow, thats great to hear Ben !!!!!!! But I find it strange, they got it right with this release, but screwed up dynomutt.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Ive received mine, I only have 1 problem with this release.You cant watch it as an hour long show, after every seven minute segment, you have to go back to the menu to pick the next cartoon.Why couldnt they format it as the original hour long show?????This is a stellar release, but it takes away from the fun, when you cant watch a full episode, without having to go back to the menu every 7 or so minutes.

Aaron Handy III

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Aaron Handy III

Got my copy from Wal-Mart this afternoon!

Very swell, how they struck new prints of the original hour series from the original film interpositives. Warner Home Video seems to be improving its track record. All it needs to do now is rerelease The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour the way purchasers intended and life'd be perfect! WHV should get the message by now, between Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo and the way folks have sold their copies of TSD/DH on eBay just to get rid of them.

Tony, you can see it as an hourlong series; just simply use the "Play All" feature on the Main Menu. ;-)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Yeah, but that would mean I would have to sit through the entire disc.Its okay if your just starting off , but what if one day for example , you want to watch the cartoons of episode 4, thats a whole bunch of chapter skipping. Oh well, I guess what counts is the great transfers .Anyway, some bad news, this isnt selling too hot on amazon.Yesterday, it was in the 5000 ranks.This is the lowest selling scooby to date.I just hope they dont abandon the series.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I need some advice, please. Which set of Scooby Doo should I order if all I want are the originals which aired back in the late 1960s? I'm looking for the 'definitive' collection that includes the very first episodes aired (1969, I think). Thanks in advance!

I think this is the set I'm looking for, yes?

Amazon.com: Scooby Doo, Where Are You! - The Complete First and Second Seasons: Heather North, Hal Smith, Jack Angel, Michael Stull, Lennie Weinrib, George A. Robertson, Alan Oppenheimer, Barry Richards, Susan Steward, John Stephenson, Jean Vander Py

Found it. Nevermind! :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks