What's new

WB needs to re-release older non-TrueHD BD titles (1 Viewer)

Jim-J

Agent
I was able to pick up on eBay a BD copy of Superman Returns with PCM & Dolby TrueHD audio. Apparently this version was exclusively packed with one of Pioneer’s players.
Does anyone know if Warner Bros has any plans on replacing their current non-PCM/TrueHD version with the Lossless one? Also, I know this affects some other WB titles as well. Perhaps WB could do a rolling change similar to the way they replaced some of their combo-HD-DVD titles.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I get the feeling it'll take Warner a looooong time before they rerelease such titles w/ lossless audio considering their history w/ DVD. Part of it is probably due to them being so business churning out yet-unreleased films on the given format, which is a good thing in itself.

Considering there really aren't quite *that* many titles worth revisiting for something like this (compared to the tons of titles to look forward to), I don't think it's such a big deal if they take their time. Maybe they'll consider doing something when the next theatrical installment of the Superman franchise rolls around -- that's probably the earliest one can expect I imagine.

_Man_

Brian Sheffield

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian
Some insiders on Blu-ray.com (MaxPower I believe) have said that the lossless Superman Returns is the default for reorders. However, WB is not going to replace discs already on shelves or institute a replacement program. As the old stock moves, it will be replaced with the lossless audio version.

I have no idea about any other WB titles.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
nice going there Jim, how much did you pay for it.

Jim-J

Agent

Thanks Tony. I got it last July for $28. I was real lucky. I saw a few auctions after mine that ended north of $70 :eek:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Aaaaah. I read the original post too quickly, LOL. In that case, I guess it indeed would not be surprising if Warner quietly makes the switch at some point in the near future for new production runs of such titles. Cool! Guess I'll wait for that then before buying anymore of their lossy-only titles.

_Man_

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I would hope that WB would redo the Blu-ray version and give us Dolby True HD for this title. They had Dolby True HD on the HD-DVD but not on the Blu-ray which makes no sense at all. But at the same time I will not hold my breath for Dolby True HD Blu-ray to become available anytime soon. :angry:

My hope is if WB reworks SR and they put it out in a box set with all the superman movies that they will include a Dolby True HD track. :emoji_thumbsup:

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Dave - they already have. They are to be phased in as the non-TrueHD/PCM versions get sold. (I also have a copy of the TrueHD version on BD).

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

I´ve to agree.

We probably see some new "SEs" from Fox (with extras) sooner than "lossless re-releases" from Warner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks