What's new

Psych Season 3- 7/18/08 (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Really excited for Psych to return.

If you remember. Shawn meets his mother at the end of season 2, but we never see who it is.

If you want to know who will be playing his mother look at the spoiler.
Cybill Shepherd

also Rachael Leigh Cook will be in the season premiere.
Murder...Anyone...Anyone...
Shawn and Gus attend their high school reunion. Shawn notices a body fall past a window; however, on further inspection the body has vanished, which causes Gus to assume the worst about his friend.

here is the schedule so far

Murder...Anyone...Anyone... July 18th
Ghosts July 25th
Disco Didn't Die... Aug 1st
Daredevils!! Aug 8th

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Awesome, can't wait for this to return, since its pretty much the only bright spot in summer tv.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Don't forget!

Psych starts tomorrow!

This and Burn Notice are going to make a great slow TV summer

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Ghost ended up being the opening episode, as it was the first to deal with the arrival of Shawn's mom.

That being said, Ghosts was hysterical. Gus is on the verge of losing his job at the drug company, unless he and Shawn can solve the mystery of Gus' boss' haunted house. Think Scooby Doo with a surprise twist at the end.

The secondary plot of Shawn's mom working with Lassiter was funny.

The tertiary plot of Shawn's resentment of his dad's behavior when Mom shows up, and its resolution was very good, and very touching.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Agreed. We taped both (Monk and Psych) last night, so we could continue with VOY (season four). Tonight, it will be a joy watching both Monk and Psych. I don't know anything yet about the new therapist (or the new house, for that matter); I was thinking it would be a hoot (yet probably impossible) if 'Harold' ended up being Monk's new therapist--LOL! ;)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I think this is a pretty major revision of the show's mythology though. Even though Shawn and his dad always had a lot of tension between them, I thought the pilot and a few other episodes made it very clear that Shawn blamed his mother, not his father, for the divorce? I thought that was a much more complex dynamic, and was sad to see them go for what felt like the cheap emotional grab here.

That being said, I loved the rest of the episode. It was nice to see the moment that necessitated the founding of Psych too. Shawn stole a car, bye-bye detective career.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
I agree! I loved "teenage Shawn" getting busted with a Goth chick and talking tough to his dad. I thought that was really funny, and it segued nicely into his mom's "blast from the past" arrival.

And, I loved seeing Shawn just go to Gus' work and take someone else's food. Hysterical! Just made himself right at home.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I really love Psych. Beyond the writing and the cast, the references to film and to television shows keep me thinking beyond the 'normal' script episode after episode. I think it is one of the more intelligent shows to run on television.

I wonder if I'm the only one that has ever taped a show (or if you own the DVDs, frozen one), in order to slow down the portions where Shawn is observing clues? Otherwise, I haven't a chance of digesting what it is he sees when it is run in 'normal' time.

I appreciate very much how Shawn is very, very witty and incredibly intelligent, and how this dissolves somewhat as his walls go up whenever he is speaking to his father. In my estimation, his range as an actor is nicely conveyed when these aspects of his talents are juxtaposed.

BTW, my take has always been that his father was to blame, which for me made the conclusion of the season opener extremely poignant and meaningful. With regard to what Adam said about the mythology of the show, it is possible that I may have missed this somehow to this point. I have (for whatever reasons) been predisposed to thinking it was Shawn's father's fault all along.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

That isn't the way I remember it, either. I'd guess I'd have to go back and check the early episodes, but I also remember Shawn as blaming his dad, not his mom.

And I loved the opener.

Regards,

Joe

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Today I have decided that I am going to purchase Psych on DVD, which until this point I have yet to do. (As a fan of 1960s television shows, it is relatively rare for me to venture out of that decade.) And it's not only because it's a great show. I also has to do in large part with what I have read on this (and other) threads. That's a credit to HTF and its membership. :emoji_thumbsup:

Which begs the question, does anyone else think the owners of HTF ought to receive a consulting fee for this and future purchases that (at least in this case) are a direct result of membership posts and feedback? ;)

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
You know, as hard as I try, people still refuse to pay me for my good taste...so, I'm going to have to guess that consulting fee is a long way away
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

But yes, I also slow it down to see Shawn's clues, but honestly, part of the fun for me is when I see how he pieced them all together.

I really can't wait to see how his family dynamic changes after this last episode. And don't his parents seem comfortable together? Do I see a reconciliation?

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Last night's was much better than the week before's as far as I'm concerned. I think having a real mystery helped a little.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I am leaning that way (a reconciliation). I think I would like to see this in the series, or at least a comraderie between Shawn's father and mother from this point forward. I found it somewhat hysterical when Shawn's father called Shawn's mother up and asked him -- after how many years? -- where the 'box' was that Shawn wanted. LOL.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Not to mention his chemistry with the high school sweetheart was off the charts. As nice as it was to see him break it off after spotting Jules, I was kind of rooting for him to continue with her. Their wordplay was at least as exciting as what we get from him and Jules.

Joe_H

Screenwriter

Agreed. As far as I could tell, the personalities of the two seem to fit better than Shawn and Jules too, and I personally thought she was cuter as well so that probably had something to do with it. ;)

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
So I guess she's sticking around? Rachael Lee Cook's a little high profile to do a one-off appearance like that. I'd have never guessed that as a blonde she's remind me of Samaire Armstrong, but there she was.

Joe_H

Screenwriter

I got the impression from the show she wouldn't be back again, but I could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks