What's new

movies to ask Warner for in chat? (1 Viewer)

Mark Pytel

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pytel
I always seem to have trouble actually getting on the chat.

Here are some movies I would love Warner to release or consider. Post the ones you wish to ask for in the chat.

I regularly send Warner e-mails asking for these films as well, hopefully they can get released someday.

A new 16:9 remaster of the First Deadly Sin

A Henry Fonda set with : The Rounders, Welcome to Hard Times, The Mad Miss Manton, Sex and the Single Girl, and the Best Man

A Chevy Chase boxset with new Widescreen versions of Caddyshack II, Nothing but Trouble, Funny Farm, and Spies Like Us, and The Three Amigos

A Steve Martin 16:9 double feature of My Blue Heaven and the Man with Two Brains

A remastered 16:9 widescreen two-pack of the Grumpy Old Men Films

A 16:9 remaster of My Fellow Americans

A 16:9 Remaster SE of Tango & Cash

a 16:9 REMASTER of Frantic

A 16:9 Remaster of Guilty by Suspicion

A 16:9 Re,aster of Doc Hollywood

A 16:9 remaster of In Country

A 16:9 remaster of Forver Young

and a 16:9 remasters of Police Academy 4 & 5

Having a widescreen tv, it looks really bad watching a cropped film blown up to fit the tv. It would look better if these were in their proper ratio.

There are more I would like released, but they can only do so much in such little time.

We can hope that if we all agree and post the same titles, Warner might see that they are wanted.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
An 2-disc SE of Beetlejuice would be great, and one of Mars Attacks! too while we're at it.
16:9 enhanced Special Editions of both Barry Lyndon and Lolita, they were left out of the previous newly remastered boxset. That's a shame, because they're both wonderful movies. Plus some documentaries, because I can't believe those movies don't have anything interesting to say. The controversy surrounding Lolita, and the technical breakthroughs on Barry Lyndon, for instance.

mrmike898

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Wagner
I also agree with Mark about a Henry Fonda set. The release of the titles he listed are way overdue. Particularly, in my opinion, Sex and the Single Girl. With a cast consisting of Henry Fonda, Lauren Bacall, Tony Curtis and Natalie Wood, I am completely shocked that Warner has ignored a DVD release so far.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Where did you get the idea that WHV will be stopping in any time soon for a new chat?

Anyways if they did and I had the oppurtunity to ask about any titles, I'd certainly like to know about:

The Bowery Boys
The Magnificent Ambersons
Rogue Cop
The Bribe
The Big House
High Wall
Johnny Eager
Crime School
Invisible Stripes
Confessions of a Nazi Spy
I Was a Communist for the FBI
Cornered
The Unsuspected
The Verdict
Nobody Lives Forever
The Breaking Point
Armored Car Robbery
The Seventh Cross
Berlin Express
Night Must Fall
Desperate
Out of the Fog
Follow Me Quietly
The Woman on the Beach
Journey Into Fear
The Locket
Split Second
The People Against O'Hara
Stranger on the Third Floor
Marked Woman
The Big Sky
Blood on the Moon
The Lusty Men
Devil's Doorway
Ride, Vaquero!
The Last Hunt
Station West
Rancho Notorious
Wagon Master
Witchita
Stars in My Crown
Along the Great Divide
Westbound
The Fastest Gun Alive
The Hanging Tree
Lone Star
The Badlanders
Colorado Territory
The Iron Mistress
The Oklahoma Kid
Tribute to a Bad Man
Silver River
Westward The Women
Strange Lady in Town
The Moonlighter
The Sheepman
The Big Land
Rachel and the Stranger
Advance To The Rear
Billy The Kid
Vengeance Valley
Day of the Evil Gun
Ambush
Best Of The Badmen
Return Of The Badmen
The Charge at Feather River
The Command
The Burning Hills
Wild Rovers
The Outriders
Reflections in a Golden Eye
The Dark at the Top of the Stairs
The Rise and Fall of Legs Diamond
Whipsaw
The Wild North
Northern Pursuit
The Tall Target
Easy Living
The Fallen Sparrow
The Window
Page Miss Glory
5th Ave Girl
Vivacious Lady
Tom Dick and Harry
George Washington Slept Here
Week-End at the Waldorf
What Price Hollywood?
Reckless
The Prize
Ten Seconds to Hell
Three Strangers
MGM: When the Lion Roars
Robert Benchley shorts
The Phantom Tollbooth

+

The M-G-M Animated Short Film Library!!!

* Tex Avery
* Happy Harmonies
* Barney Bear
* Captain and the Kids

I'd also like to ask if and when will we ever see a complete, chronological, restored and properly-mastered release of the classic Tom & Jerry films in a fitting box set?!?

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I would also gladly welcome keep case reissues of Day For Night, What's Up Doc?, The Sunshine Boys and The Incredible Mr. Limpet... with the current cover designs please!

And a Special Edition of Badlands!!

Dan1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan
I'd ask about Magnificent Ambersons also, only because of Warner's comment during the 2007 chat about having found "good elements" of the film for an expected 2008 DVD release.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I second many of Mr. Pytel's choices. The 'Grumpy Old Men' films are a MUST. I'd also like to own a widescreen version of "Caddyshack II". Xbox Live has a widescreen version for download, so it's out there. The 2 'Police Academy' films being open matte are the reason I haven't purchased the box set. I'd love for them to fix those. "My Fellow Americans" needs a widescreen release. Saw it on TV a few weeks back and forgot how hysterical that one is. An anamorphic "Tango & Cash" would be damn nice, as well as a Collector's Edition of "Beetlejuice".

Brian Borst

Screenwriter

Thanks. And I would also like to mention a re-issue of Little Shop Of Horrors, with the original ending intact. The first dvd had this ending, but it was only in black and white, and several sound and music effects were missing. It was pulled out of the market by David Geffen, who hadn't authorized it. Then, apparantly, it was pulled because Geffen wanted to re-release LSoH theatrically with the original ending, for it's 20th anniversary (that was in 2006). Later there were plans of a new dvd release (aside from the second one) with the ending intact. And that's when we stopped hearing from it.

L BENDER

Agent
Real Name
larry
GOOD BYE MR CHIPS -1969
FAR FROM THE MADDING CROWD
WRESTLING ERNEST HEMINGWAY
SURVIVING PICASSO

WIDESCREEN FEARLESS

Eric Larsen

Agent
Concert DVDs: Neil Young - Weld, Unplugged, and The Complex Sessions
Bela Fleck & the Flecktones - Flight of the Cosmic Hippo
If there was a video for Paul Simon - The Concert in the Park, then would appreciate that as well.

TV Show: Max Headroom

Film: Made in Heaven

Beetlejuice and Mars Attacks Special Editions would be great!
A special edition of An American President would be nice, but at least getting Neil Young Weld and Unplugged out would be fantastic.

DanMel

Second Unit
I would ask them on any plans to release anything that is unreleased in their possession for Gary Cooper, Cary Grant, Spencer Tracy and Clark Gable. I would also ask if their were any plans to release their best selling Gary Cooper title Sergeant York in Blu-Ray or Friendly Persuastion.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
From what Mr. Epstein has posted in the past, Warner has been invited to do a chat but has not responded. My opinion is that it does not appear that such an event is in the cards this year.

Rather than posting yet another wish list thread I would suggest that writing letters to Warner Home Video would be much more effective in making your wishes known.

Warner Home Video
4000 Warner Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91522

Yes, it will cost $.42 to mail a letter but these letters carry a lot more weight with the studios than random internet postings.

Sean A

Stunt Coordinator

There was a Laser disc of that concert that came out in late 1991, about 5 months after the actual show

FrancisP

Screenwriter
I would have two questions.

Where the heck are the Dark Shadows movies? In last year's chat they said they were coming but over a year later, We're still waiting.

Also I would like to see what the reaction would be to releasing the Man From UNCLE movie set in Region 1. I suspect it would get a very uninterested reaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks