Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Indiana Jones 1-3 playing in HD

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 of 19 OFFLINE   stevenoll

stevenoll

Auditioning

• 7 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted May 17 2008 - 12:38 PM

Anyone watching Sci-Fi Channel's airing of Raiders and Temple of Doom? Looks like high def to me. Doesn't compare to Blu-Ray, but looks like typical DirecTV HD. Some maybe high def DVDs are closer than we think. Steve

#2 of 19 ONLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 25,917 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted May 17 2008 - 02:37 PM

Obviously, these films are ready for HDM releases whenever Spielberg and Lucas are ready to release them.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#3 of 19 OFFLINE   Wayne_j

Wayne_j

Supporting Actor

• 895 posts

Posted May 17 2008 - 03:38 PM

I think they have 1080P masters from Lowry which they make the DVDs from.

#4 of 19 OFFLINE   Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted May 17 2008 - 04:10 PM

All 3 looked great on Sci-Fi HD. Saved them to my DVR. Posted Image
"If you're good at something, never do it for free."

#5 of 19 OFFLINE   BrettV

BrettV

Stunt Coordinator

• 211 posts

Posted May 17 2008 - 08:55 PM

Of course they have HD masters of these. HD release can't be too far off; they're already trying to cash in on a double dip of the DVD set.

#6 of 19 OFFLINE   Ted Kontos

Ted Kontos

Stunt Coordinator

• 132 posts

Posted May 18 2008 - 01:41 AM

USA-HD ran them last weekend as well. They looked like the same transfers, pretty good. I must say, however, that I recently rewatched the original SD trilogy and was surprised at how good they looked on my 46" Toshiba.
--------
Ted K.

#7 of 19 OFFLINE   Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz

Producer

• 3,630 posts
  • LocationWhittier, California

Posted May 20 2008 - 06:30 AM

I have a bad feeling that if Lucas has his way we will be waiting for awhile. Posted Image

Supporter of 1080p & 4K/UHD video (257 Blu-ray Titles)/ Supporter of Lossless PCM, Dolby True HD and DTS HD Master Audio / Say No To MP3 & WMA / Say no to Bose

#8 of 19 OFFLINE   Chris Atkins

Chris Atkins

Producer

• 3,887 posts

Posted May 20 2008 - 07:06 AM

I've watched most of Last Crusade, and bits of the other 2, and I think they look better on Sci-Fi than the DVDs do (upscaled) on Toshiba HD-A2. In fact, we chose to watch the sci-fi HD version of Last Crusade rather than the upscaled DVD.

#9 of 19 OFFLINE   Scott-S

Scott-S

Test Subject

• 2,072 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Zion

Posted May 20 2008 - 07:47 AM

Did anyone catch the "documentary" last night on the History Channel about the influence of Indiana Jones on true archeologists? The reason I am bringing it up in this thread is that for some reason all the clips they showed of all 4 movies looked even better in this show than the Sci-Fi HD movies. It seems weird that the clips would look better than the actually HD movie, but they did to me. Granted the clips were all 16x9 so filled the entire screen. maybe that is why it looked better. LOLOLOLOL This stuck in my mind because just before watching the History channel show, I was watching temple of Doom on Sci-Fi HD. I remember thinking that it didn't look all that great to me. About dvd quality in my mind. Then a few hours later, I was watching my recording of the History Channel show and they happened to show the exact same scene I just watched on Sci-Fi. It looked much better to me in this show. Wonder what gives? Is this simply just the fact that Sci-Fi HD sucks?
-----
Scott

View My DVD Collection
Stop the on-screen Bugs!!!!!!

#10 of 19 ONLINE   RobertR

RobertR

Lead Actor

• 9,622 posts

Posted May 20 2008 - 10:21 AM

I've never understood what goes on with Sci-Fi HD. Every time I tuned in, I saw a 4:3 picture pillar-boxed inside the 16:9 frame. WTF????

#11 of 19 OFFLINE   Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Actor

• 881 posts

Posted May 20 2008 - 02:18 PM

Just watched the DVR'd telecast of Last Crusade. No doubt it looks better than an upconverted DVD. I was very impressed with the transfer. Looked great.

#12 of 19 OFFLINE   Jim_K

Jim_K

Executive Producer

• 10,090 posts

Posted May 20 2008 - 11:33 PM

Well I recorded these and started to watch Raiders, looked good but then along came the commercial interruptions. Ugh. I hope these go into rotation on HDNetmovies someday or better yet a BD release. That's probably a pipe dream.
Death before Streaming!

#13 of 19 OFFLINE   zackscott5

zackscott5

Stunt Coordinator

• 90 posts

Posted May 21 2008 - 05:31 PM

I don't think that it is such a pipe dream. Especially with the new Indy movie coming out tomorrow, if the video release only comes with a SD-DVD release and no BD day and date, there will be holy hell to pay from Paramount. I feel that they will release them all in Bd with the new one as a box set only (ala Dirty harry and Oceans 11) and then release seperate disc later on (with new special editions for those willing to double dip). If that happens, i personally would read reviews online about the video transfer and then decide (like I did with Predator and Master and commander...love those movies and can't wait to buy them on Bd but only with the extras from the collectors editions included and a new transfer, may have to wait a bit but that's okay)
Check Out my Webseries "Laserdisc Memories" at  http://www.laserdiscmemories.com

#14 of 19 OFFLINE   Douglas Monce

Douglas Monce

Producer

• 5,514 posts

Posted May 22 2008 - 08:03 PM

The problem is, its up to Lucas, not Paramount. I'm fairly confident that we will get Crystal Skull on blu-ray as a day and date with the DVD, but its anyone's guess as to the others. Its really at George Lucas' whim. Doug
"I'm in great shape, for the shape I'm in."
Bob Hope in The Ghostbreakers

#15 of 19 OFFLINE   Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz

Producer

• 3,630 posts

Posted May 23 2008 - 12:54 AM

I hate to be negative on this one but IMHO it will take a miricle for IJ4 to come out on Blu-ray day and date along with SD-DVD. I have a feeling since he does not want to release anything in Blu-ray yet, he will screw us! Posted Image Posted Image

Supporter of 1080p & 4K/UHD video (257 Blu-ray Titles)/ Supporter of Lossless PCM, Dolby True HD and DTS HD Master Audio / Say No To MP3 & WMA / Say no to Bose

#16 of 19 OFFLINE   Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow

Screenwriter

• 2,049 posts

Posted May 23 2008 - 01:32 AM

Huh? I'm pretty sure he only said that he wanted to wait until there was only one format, not to mention that for the 4th movie, it's as much Spielberg's call as it is Lucas', since Spielberg and Amblin Ent. co-produced the film. I'm not sure about 1-3, but I would be shocked if "Crystal Skulls" didn't come day-and-date.
"Would I rather be feared or loved? Um...easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."
--Michael Scott, The Office

"When I get sad I just stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story."
--Barney Stinson, How I Met Your Mother

#17 of 19 OFFLINE   Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz

Producer

• 3,630 posts

Posted May 23 2008 - 01:41 AM

I am pretty sure that Spielberg was involved with the original trilogy as well if I am not mistaken. And while Lucas may have said he wanted to wait for there to be a winner to the HD format war. I honestly beleive he will wait until Blu-ray has won major market share or close to it. I may be wrong and have been in the past, but I feel he will wait. But at least this time when he puts a Dolby sound track on it I wount mind. As long as it is a Dolby True HD track. But when he finally starts offering Blu-rays and if he only puts the lossy Dolby Digital on it there is a very good possibility I will not buy them. Posted Image

I am hoping that Lucas will at least offer Dolby True HD lossless audio on his releases once he actually starts releasing in HD. Posted Image

But if Lucas allowed Fox to give us a DTS-HD MA lossless track I wouldn't complain ether. Posted Image Hell I don't care if his movies are offered in LPCM as long as its lossless. Posted Image

#18 of 19 OFFLINE   Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 2,324 posts

Posted May 09 2010 - 10:44 AM

Late last year there was some rumor news that the Indy blu ray set would be coming out when Indy Legos 2 was going to be released. I believe it was the Digital Bits commented on this in the rumor mill:

2/2/09

Good news for you Indy fans... our industry sources have confirmed that the planned Indiana Jones Trilogy Blu-ray release this holiday season is the real deal. Look for it in the 4th quarter, obviously from Paramount and Lucasfilm.

*Obviously this did not happen. Another rumor mill update stated that the Jones films would come to blu ray in 2010 however:

12/15/09

So let's start with what we think are the most exciting developments first. Based on information gathered from scores of industry sources over the last few months, we have strong reason to believe that Lucasfilm and Paramount are planning to bow the classic Indiana Jones Trilogy on Blu-ray in 2010, followed by at least some or all of theStar Wars films in 2011 (either the classic or prequel trilogies... or possibly even the long-awaited complete saga box set).

http://www.thedigita...ill.html#121509

#19 of 19 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,519 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted May 09 2010 - 11:10 AM

So, you bumped to post with info from nearly a year ago and a little rumor blurb from 6 months ago?

Posted Image

facebook.com/whotony

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users