Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Hardware and The Reflecting Skin

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 Brad Vautrinot

Brad Vautrinot

Stunt Coordinator

• 198 posts

Posted May 17 2008 - 02:32 AM

Any more word on Richard Stanley's Hardware? Laser's Edge had it available for pre-order for a couple of years but it was never released.

Also, has there been any talk about releasing Philip Ridley's Reflecting Skin? I have it on LD but would love to see it on a nice DVD. I also have Hardware on LD.

Brad
From the rocking of the cradle to the rolling of the hearse, the going up was worth the coming down.

#2 of 6 Bill McA

Bill McA

Producer

• 5,969 posts

Posted May 17 2008 - 08:51 AM

The Reflecting Skin is available as a Japanese NTSC import.

#3 of 6 Dave Simkiss

Dave Simkiss

Stunt Coordinator

• 240 posts
  • LocationWales UK

Posted May 17 2008 - 08:58 AM

I'd keep an eye on this site for news on Hardware...
Between Death and the Devil - The Unofficial Richard Stanley website
There were rumblings late last year of a possible release from Subversive cinema, but nothing has come of it so far.

Richard wants to do a directors cut. It's worth checking out the blogs on his myspace page to see what he's been up to lately.

#4 of 6 Brad Vautrinot

Brad Vautrinot

Stunt Coordinator

• 198 posts

Posted May 17 2008 - 09:16 AM

Thanks for the info, guys.

Brad
From the rocking of the cradle to the rolling of the hearse, the going up was worth the coming down.

#5 of 6 Dave Simkiss

Dave Simkiss

Stunt Coordinator

• 240 posts
  • LocationWales UK

Posted May 19 2008 - 08:39 PM

I know this is after the fact (I only found out about it last minute) but Hardware was shown on the UK channel 'Zone Horror' last night (channel 321 on Sky)
It was the MGM print that I believe was due to be released on DVD by MGM a few years back but was cancelled due to the fact that no one has a clue who owns the rights.

The version shown last night was pretty good quality, vastly better picture quality than the German Red edition.

#6 of 6 JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,441 posts

Posted May 20 2008 - 02:47 AM

There is one annoying thing about the Japanese Reflecting Skin. As I recall it has forced English subs, meaning they can't be turned off. I don't recall if it is a region 0 disc.

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users