Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Online Shipping: No First Class/Media Mail?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds

Producer

• 3,597 posts

Posted May 15 2008 - 05:58 PM

I am signed up with Click 'n Ship with the USPS, and I'd like to be able to print shipping labels and pay for shipping without waiting in line at the Post Office, but as far as I can tell, the USPS doesn't offer a way to do this with first class or media mail, you must use priority? Is this correct? Is there any way, with no monthly fees, to print/pay for postage using media mail or first class? Thanks much.

CJ
And then when I feel so stuffed I can't eat anymore, I just use the restroom! And then I CAN eat more!

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   DaveHo

DaveHo

Supporting Actor

• 605 posts

Posted May 16 2008 - 01:49 AM

I've found this to be the case too. Annoying isn't it. Do you have a Paypal account? If so you can go straight to their shipping page & ship media mail & first class from there. The link to do this isn't made available if you log in normally, so after you log-in you have to enter the URL directly. https://www.paypal.c...r?cmd=_ship-now

-Dave

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,679 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted May 16 2008 - 05:20 AM

Priority = First Class over 13 oz.

Don't know about Media Mail issues.
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds

Producer

• 3,597 posts

Posted May 16 2008 - 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm R
Priority = First Class over 13 oz.

Don't know about Media Mail issues.
Which is why I'm looking for a new way to do it. Most of my shipping will be under 13oz.

The Paypal route seems to allow media mail and first class, but their website is such a dog, I'm not sure if I could do more than a few without getting frustrated. I was reading a page for about 15 seconds, and my session timed out. I click on a link, and page not found. Posted Image

CJ
And then when I feel so stuffed I can't eat anymore, I just use the restroom! And then I CAN eat more!

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   225ChopShop

225ChopShop

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted December 26 2010 - 02:32 PM

THANKS DAVE!!!!! I've been looking everywhere for that link... I knew you could do it!