-

Photo
- - - - -

Bewitched Season 7

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
297 replies to this topic

#41 of 298 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted July 28 2008 - 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David*P
Thank you very much! I enjoy writing them and I love hearing back from people that like it.

Ditto for me, David! Jon, thanks for reminding us of David's BW contributions.

I'm early into the S3 set in my DVD-viewing. Anyone else that slow? Posted Image I have too many other sets in progress to go through this show fast. Plus, I like to savor this one to get it to last longer.

David, I know I've asked this one before but I don't remember the info Posted Image When does Bernard Fox first appear as Dr Bombay?

I can't wait for "Sam" to start saying...."Calling Dr Bombay...Calling Dr Bombay....Emergency, Emergency....come right away" Posted Image

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#42 of 298 OFFLINE   Zang628

Zang628

Extra

• 22 posts

Posted July 29 2008 - 08:09 PM

What color does everyone think the upcoming DVD's should be? I think that Season 7 should be Yellow and that Season 8 should be Orange. It's 2 colors that haven't been used yet and I think they would look good for those seasons. Anyone else have a preference?

#43 of 298 OFFLINE   Tanisha85

Tanisha85

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted July 30 2008 - 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zang628
What color does everyone think the upcoming DVD's should be? I think that Season 7 should be Yellow and that Season 8 should be Orange. It's 2 colors that haven't been used yet and I think they would look good for those seasons. Anyone else have a preference?

Welcome to the forum zang ! I think for season 7 it might be orange for North America and light blue for Europe as they have not used this colour for the DVD cover yet....I just hope that they release the season 7 later this year as its one of the best season.

#44 of 298 OFFLINE   David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 980 posts

Posted July 30 2008 - 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Willis
Ditto for me, David! Jon, thanks for reminding us of David's BW contributions.

I'm early into the S3 set in my DVD-viewing. Anyone else that slow? Posted Image I have too many other sets in progress to go through this show fast. Plus, I like to savor this one to get it to last longer.

David, I know I've asked this one before but I don't remember the info Posted Image When does Bernard Fox first appear as Dr Bombay?

I can't wait for "Sam" to start saying...."Calling Dr Bombay...Calling Dr Bombay....Emergency, Emergency....come right away" Posted Image

Oh, Jeff, how could you possibly watch anything BUT BW?? LOL BF as Dr. Bombay happens in the last episode of the Third Season "There's Gold in Them Thar Pills". Samantha doesn't actually use the "Calling Dr. Bombay!" incantation until the Fifth Season episode "Samantha the Bard".

Quote:

I agree with those choices wholeheartedly. They exude the 70s time period that these seasons took place in.

I actually discussed this before right after the Third Season was released because it looked like Sony was following the color wheel as S.1 was Blue, S.2 was Purple, and S.3 was Red. Had they continued in that fashion I had imagined that S.4 would've been Orange, S.5 - Yellow, S.6 - Green and then for the last two seasons I imagined going to Brown for S.7 and Black/Gray tones for S.8. It would've looked cool on the DVD shelf.

#45 of 298 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted July 31 2008 - 09:41 AM

Quote:
Oh, Jeff, how could you possibly watch anything BUT BW?? LOL BF as Dr. Bombay happens in the last episode of the Third Season "There's Gold in Them Thar Pills". Samantha doesn't actually use the "Calling Dr. Bombay!" incantation until the Fifth Season episode "Samantha the Bard".

David,

Thanks again for the "Dr Bombay" info. I have a while before I get to the last episode. Yeah, I know...(so little time, so many DVD's to watch Posted Image ) But the BW series is one that I always look forward to watching as a sitcom "chaser" after a drama, action, etc DVD episode.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#46 of 298 OFFLINE   Garysb

Garysb

Screenwriter

• 1,431 posts

Posted August 11 2008 - 12:01 PM

Here is a japanese commercial from 1983 with Liz doing the noise twitch. This is 11 years after the end of Bewitched. Forever Samantha.

YouTube - Liz's japonese commercial - 1983

#47 of 298 OFFLINE   David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 980 posts

Posted August 12 2008 - 06:26 PM

I love that commercial! It puts to rest all the thoughts of EM not wanting to have anything to do with BW after it ended.

So, according to a reliable source, Season Seven is scheduled to be released on February 9! The only problem is that February 9 is a Monday so I've asked for the source to make sure they didn't mean the 10th. Anyway, I wish it were in time for Christmas, but I guess better later than never!

#48 of 298 OFFLINE   Ryan.G

Ryan.G

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted August 13 2008 - 02:44 AM

Quote:
I love that commercial! It puts to rest all the thoughts of EM not wanting to have anything to do with BW after it ended.

So, according to a reliable source, Season Seven is scheduled to be released on February 9! The only problem is that February 9 is a Monday so I've asked for the source to make sure they didn't mean the 10th. Anyway, I wish it were in time for Christmas, but I guess better later than never!

David thank you very much for this information and can you plz tell me release date of bewitched season 7 in U.K. as I live in U.K and bewitched season 6 release in U.K on 24th March 08 and in US it was release 2 months later so probably it may release in christmas in U.K

#49 of 298 OFFLINE   Zang628

Zang628

Extra

• 22 posts

Posted August 14 2008 - 03:17 PM

David*P, thank you very much! I really hope that your source is correct and that he did mean the 10th of February. I estimated that we would get it around mid March, so anytime before than would be great! Thank you sooo much David, I can't wait!!!

#50 of 298 OFFLINE   David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 980 posts

Posted August 18 2008 - 04:35 PM

So it turns out that instead of meaning February the 9th, the source meant February of '09Posted Image So it could very well be the 10th.

I just wish it were sooner...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they put some sort of special feature on there that ISN'T a Mini-sode...the Seventh Season just screams for it whether it's about the Salem episodes or "Sisters at Heart".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan.G
David thank you very much for this information and can you plz tell me release date of bewitched season 7 in U.K. as I live in U.K and bewitched season 6 release in U.K on 24th March 08 and in US it was release 2 months later so probably it may release in christmas in U.K

I'm sorry, but I only have info about the US releasePosted Image

#51 of 298 OFFLINE   ryan1993

ryan1993

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted August 23 2008 - 07:14 AM

all ik is we need the 7th season NOW!!!!!!!!!!

#52 of 298 OFFLINE   Jdcrackers

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator

• 231 posts

Posted August 23 2008 - 09:23 AM

Thank you David... February isn't that far away it will be here before we know it... David do you know as to what kind of color they may be using with season 7? I am thinking orange or yellow... This is a great season Posted Image I am already excited!! Then maybe we will get season 8 by Decades end around Christmas 09 Posted Image
Liz finally got her star in 2008

#53 of 298 OFFLINE   Zang628

Zang628

Extra

• 22 posts

Posted August 23 2008 - 01:34 PM

Jdcrackers, I agree! I am sooo excited for this season! I think Season Seven is Dick Sargent's best season. Also, I think that Season 7 should be yellow and the final season should be orange! I can't wait until February!

P.S. If it is coming out sometime in February we should hear some official new around late November!

#54 of 298 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,347 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted August 23 2008 - 04:34 PM

Hooray! This season features one of my most fave DS episodes: "Samantha's Old Man."

DARRIN: "Well, at least I still have my own teeth." Posted Image

SAMANTHA (as Grover's wife): "First he gets you to watch a little wrestling on television. Then he challenges you to match...on the sofa."

MILLICENT: Oh! Louise, take me home!

LOUISE: Degenerate!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#55 of 298 OFFLINE   David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 980 posts

Posted August 23 2008 - 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdcrackers
Thank you David... February isn't that far away it will be here before we know it... David do you know as to what kind of color they may be using with season 7? I am thinking orange or yellow... This is a great season Posted Image I am already excited!! Then maybe we will get season 8 by Decades end around Christmas 09 Posted Image
I don't know what color, but I do hope it is one of the two you said...I'm leaning more toward orange as it's pretty much a Halloween-y season what with the trip to Salem and all.

Speaking of Halloween, there is a new BW greeting card put out by Hallmark that is available at Wal-mart. I just found one tonight.

Posted Image

It plays the theme song and inside the left panel is the cityscape and the right panel is orange with the cartoon Samantha standing, snapping her fingers and the words say "It's downright Bewitching!"

#56 of 298 OFFLINE   Firebee

Firebee

Supporting Actor

• 759 posts

Posted August 24 2008 - 03:05 AM

[quote=Jeff Willis]Ditto for me, David! Jon, thanks for reminding us of David's BW contributions.

Oh, easily...I'm mired in the early third season, too...but this is no surprise given my ginormous collection and only so much time to watch it all, especially now that I'm renting stuff from Netflix...plus video games and the Olympics have been a huge distraction these past two weeks... Posted Image

I also have not enough time to watch all of these DVDS:

http://www.invelos.c....aspx/fire26bee

#57 of 298 OFFLINE   Jdcrackers

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator

• 231 posts

Posted August 24 2008 - 07:43 AM

Thank you David, as I will be sure to buy several of those cards... they may be collectors items in the future Posted Image... And I agree orange would be a great color for Season 7... It's also a 1970s color as I believe the redid some of the house in that color since the kitchen burned in 1970... WOW, I am so psyched for this season ... I love season 8 too... But my favorites from Season 7 are the Salem episodes, Sam's old man, Sisters at Heart and the one with the pig head...

David do you know why the Kravitz's weren't brought back for Season 8?

Liz finally got her star in 2008

#58 of 298 OFFLINE   Zang628

Zang628

Extra

• 22 posts

Posted August 24 2008 - 03:35 PM

Is anyone else kind of upset that sony can release the complete series of "I Dream of Jeanie" 4 months after the 5th season was released and it is taking them 9 to 10 months to come out with just one season of Bewitched? We have 2 more seasons to go and Jeanie is already coming out with the complete series set. I know that Jeanie had 3 seasons fewer than Bewitched did but still...

I really wish Sony would hurry up with releasing Bewitched like they did I Dream of Jeanie. If the eight season comes out in December of 2009, I really hope we see the complete series by April 2010. Actually, if I'm being honest, I would love to see Season 7 sometime in October and Season 8 sometime in February. But I know that's crazy!

#59 of 298 OFFLINE   David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 980 posts

Posted August 24 2008 - 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdcrackers
David do you know why the Kravitz's weren't brought back for Season 8?

That is a good question and I wish I knew the answer. I honestly don't know.

I would imagine it was simply a case of not writing them into the show. They made fewer and fewer episodes as time went on and maybe the writers felt that they had all ready done all they could do with them.

#60 of 298 OFFLINE   David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 980 posts

Posted August 24 2008 - 04:54 PM

Quote:
Is anyone else kind of upset that sony can release the complete series of "I Dream of Jeanie" 4 months after the 5th season was released and it is taking them 9 to 10 months to come out with just one season of Bewitched? We have 2 more seasons to go and Jeanie is already coming out with the complete series set. I know that Jeanie had 3 seasons fewer than Bewitched did but still...

I really wish Sony would hurry up with releasing Bewitched like they did I Dream of Jeanie. If the eight season comes out in December of 2009, I really hope we see the complete series by April 2010. Actually, if I'm being honest, I would love to see Season 7 sometime in October and Season 8 sometime in February. But I know that's crazy!

I think that if we do indeed get S.7 in February more than likely we'll get S.8 at the latter part of next year with the Complete Series being released shortly thereafter, just like they are doing with IDOJ. It really has to do with the fact that IDOJ simply was shorter in the amount of Seasons because if BW had only Five Seasons we'd have been done for awhile now.

I've got a beef with Sony too now that I read what is going to be included on the Beverly Hillbillies S.2 set. Those fans are getting Original Sponsor Openings and Closings, a CBS promo commercial, Irene Ryan's screen test as Granny, clip from the CBS 1963 fall preview and a 1960's interview with the creator Paul Henning!! And what do we get? Mini-sodes! Are you kidding me??? With SOOOOO much available for BW it's inconceivable that they would release BW barebones like they have been doing.

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow