Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Bewitched Season 7

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
297 replies to this topic

#1 of 298 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted May 15 2008 - 06:01 AM

So, with the release of Season 6 I wonder how long it's going to be before Sony rushes the last two seasons to stores? I'm hoping to see Season 7 hitting stores before Christmas. I've actually been enjoying the heck out of this series and I hope Sony gets their act together and rushes into production.

#2 of 298 OFFLINE   MBrousseau

MBrousseau

Stunt Coordinator

• 229 posts
  • LocationQuebec City, Canada

Posted May 17 2008 - 12:59 AM

Believe it or not, a European French DVD news website claims that Bewitched Season 7 will be released July 6!!! Knowing that same website was right about the Season 6 release date, there is a good chance French Europe will get Season 7 in July. I don't quite understand why region 2 gets Bewitched before region 1 since the release of Season 5? Posted Image
Girl power rules: Samantha, Jeannie, Jaime 
Come visit my You Tube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/ez2me2009

#3 of 298 OFFLINE   David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 983 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted May 17 2008 - 04:32 AM

The Bewitched History Book by David L. Pierce ties in the events of the 60s with each episode 
and breaks down each episode in depth along with rare trivia, photos, and reviews!

Available now at BearManorMedia.com and Amazon.com in both paperback and hardback!

Book%2Bcover%2Bsmallest.JPG

#4 of 298 OFFLINE   MBrousseau

MBrousseau

Stunt Coordinator

• 229 posts

Posted May 19 2008 - 07:10 AM

David, I can't say it enough... your overall critics about every seasons of Bewitched are truly well documented. Thank you for doing this. Posted Image

As for your comment about the French web site news, I wanted to link it to my comment the other day, but the site was temporary off line.

Here it is now:

Ma sorcière bien aimée - Saison 7 | DVD Séries

You might be interested to know that this site announces some extras on that Season box set. In fact, the extras are listed for the first 5 episodes:
  • To Go or Not to Go, That Is the Question
  • Salem Here We Come
  • The Salem Saga
  • Samantha's Hot Bedwarmer
  • Darrin on a Pedestal
Of course, what would be Season 7 without the Salem trip? It was the first time that the Stephenses were out for adventures. They even did it a second time for the launch of Season 8 in Europe. That also was pretty cool.Posted Image

Like you David, Season 7 is my favorite Season of all. Posted Image
And to prove this, I have a picture of myself standing in front of the House of the Seven Gables... this was taken in the early 90's

Posted Image

#5 of 298 OFFLINE   David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 983 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted May 19 2008 - 11:51 AM

You're quite welcome and thank you for posting the site! And the pic!! Wasn't it a strange and awesome feeling to be there at the House of Seven Gables?! Now about those extras...if I understand correctly they are listing the first five episodes AS the extras? Or are there extras in addition to the episodes? I guess I'm kinda confused...

The Bewitched History Book by David L. Pierce ties in the events of the 60s with each episode 
and breaks down each episode in depth along with rare trivia, photos, and reviews!

Available now at BearManorMedia.com and Amazon.com in both paperback and hardback!

#6 of 298 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,810 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted May 19 2008 - 01:20 PM

I am sure that is a mistake about the extras. Here's a link to another French website announcing the DVDs and they list all the episodes, but nothing about any extras. Come on, Sony is NOT going to put extras on at this late stage. At best, they MAY include them in a Complete Series set since that was already done for Japan.

Ma Sorcière Bien Aimée - Saison 7

Also, here is a comparison of French to U.S. release dates so that we can see how long (or rather SHORT) a wait we'll probably have this time for S7:

Season 6 -
France Wedesday 4/9/08
U.S. Tuesday 5/6/08
(U.S. 1 month later)

Season 5 -
France Wednesday 7/4/07
U.S. Tuesday 7/10/07
(U.S. 1 week later)

Season 4 -
France Tuesday 1/9/07
U.S. Tuesday 10/24/06
(U.S. 2 1/2 months earlier)

Season 3 -
France Wednesday 3/22/06
U.S. Tuesday 3/21/06
(U.S. 1 day earlier)

Season 2 -
France Tuesday 11/8/05
U.S. Tuesday 10/25/05
(U.S. 2 weeks earlier)

Season 1 -
France Wednesday 8/24/05
U.S. Tuesday 6/21/05
(U.S. 2 months earlier)

And who knows, at this pace, they could finish the series by year-end.

#7 of 298 OFFLINE   MBrousseau

MBrousseau

Stunt Coordinator

• 229 posts

Posted May 19 2008 - 02:08 PM

You may be correct John, but remember that Sony has always been concerned about disc space and Season 7 holds only 28 épisodes. That make more room for extras. There will be even more room for extras as Season 8 concludes this series with only 26 episodes. But, frankly... Like you, I'm also pretty sure that there will not be extras for the first 5 episodes on set 7. This must be a mistake.

#8 of 298 OFFLINE   Michael Rogers

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor

• 738 posts

Posted May 19 2008 - 03:09 PM

I tend to think they will have some extras on season 8 as a capper to the set. I am looking forward to season 7. I've said it before. In my eyes, I think Liz Montgomery got sexier as the seasons progressed. In the earlier seasons, she was cute and pretty but in the early 1970's seasons she was sexy. I think it was the distinctively different clothing that was a bit beyond 1960's TV housewife.

#9 of 298 OFFLINE   David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 983 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted May 19 2008 - 04:43 PM

John, thanks for posting a comparison of the dates. I guess there is no rhyme or reason to how they do it. But if it does happen that Region 1 gets an August release that would make it perfect to release Season 8 in December, just in time for Christmas! I also think that they won't put any extras, but like Michael said, put some on the S.8 release as there are less episodes and more room not to mention I would think they would need to give an added incentive to buying that season. I really hope they just release the Complete Series set like they did for Japan but include the openings and such...but that's such a pipe dream....

#10 of 298 OFFLINE   Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis

Screenwriter

• 1,924 posts

Posted May 19 2008 - 11:19 PM

Michael, ITA about how more beautiful EM got as the show went on. I'm looking forward to Seasons 7 & 8, where we see her in longer hair and hipper clothing- that's the Samantha I remember as a kid (mind you, this was while the show was still on ABC). I particulary love the cloth choker she wore later on, it accented her beautiful neck. Is it my imagination, or was Liz Montgomery braless in the later seasons? Sure looks that way!
Bring "The continuing story of PEYTON PLACE" home on DVD: the one that started it all- from Dallas and Dynasty to Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl!!! Starting this May, see the legendary saga starring Mia Farrow, Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Parkins, and Oscar-winner Dorothy Malone on DVD thru...

#11 of 298 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,810 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted May 20 2008 - 03:16 AM

Charles, no it isn't your imagination: Liz did go braless in later years. And I also love the choker. Very sexy.

David, I meant to tell you earlier, beautiful work on the Season 7 summary!Posted Image Not that you ever do anything less than beautiful work on these posts.

Martin, very nice pic at the House of Seven Gables. I'm itching to go back to Salem again, but it's out of the question this year. I'll have to make do with watching S7!Posted Image

I would love for them to put the extras on S8, but I really doubt they will. They'll save them for a "bonus disc" on the Complete Series set, like they did with Seinfeld.

#12 of 298 OFFLINE   David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 983 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted May 20 2008 - 10:15 AM

Thank you, John! So I've been told by those in "high places" that all though Sony US DOES have plans to release Season 7 it's currently not in the works, which it would have to be for an August release...what a bummer...but good to know they are still going on with BW. I've been thinking that either the Salem Chamber of Commerce or the Hawthorne Hotel or a combo of both should get with Sony and in addition to Season 7 release an exclusive DVD of the Salem episodes available only for purchase while in Salem, or even just at the Hawthorne. They could include the following: •EM episode introductions where she says, "Hi! And welcome to a new season of BW, next in cullah!" and "Hi! Stay tuned for BW, next in cullah!" •The Salem commercial that speaks about how a nice witch named Samantha visited them. •"Darrin Stephens - he's got the spirit" commercial. •The shorter version of the previous commercial. •The American Airlines ending credits to some of the Salem episodes. •Newsreels from the local Mass. News from when the cast and crew were in Salem to film. Maybe also interview people in Salem who remember when BW came there. •Maybe a featurette about the real Salem Witch Trials. •The TV Land dedication of the Samantha statue in Salem. •The episode of “FANatical” devoted to BW when they filmed at the ’06 BW convention that I attended. They should also contact the folks at Fanatical to maybe put together a whole new featurette featuring the material not used...and they filmed A LOT!! I think this would be a big money maker as I know there are many people who wouldn't want the entire Seventh Season but just these Salem episodes.

#13 of 298 OFFLINE   Jdcrackers

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator

• 231 posts

Posted May 22 2008 - 03:44 PM

If you look at the links posted the one Martin posted says it will be out July 6, and the one John posted says June 6... I just hope we don't have to wait until next year in the USA... we are growing anxious to see the final seasons... it's been 3 years since they started releasing them and they were doing 2 a year now it's down to one a year... so please hurry up... Season 7 is one of the best... Salem Saga is my favourite Posted Image
Liz finally got her star in 2008

#14 of 298 OFFLINE   Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Ockeghem

• 9,420 posts

Posted May 24 2008 - 09:00 AM

I picked up Season Six today. We'll be watching some of those tonight. (Yeah, I know this is the Season Seven thread, but I couldn't find a Season Six thread.)

#15 of 298 OFFLINE   David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 983 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted June 09 2008 - 04:29 PM

Well, June 6 has come and gone and it looks as though that site was mistaken as when you click on the purchase button it gives you three different buying outlets including Amazon.com France and none of them have itPosted Image What a bummer!!

#16 of 298 OFFLINE   Tanisha85

Tanisha85

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted June 10 2008 - 01:15 AM

season 7 is one of my fav seasons coz they have a lots of epi of salem...n i hope tht french website is rite coz they say its gonna release on 6 July n thts sunday thts really odd .....anywaz hope sony pictures will not make us wait till next year (2009) hope it realeses this year.

#17 of 298 OFFLINE   Tanisha85

Tanisha85

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted June 10 2008 - 01:19 AM

well david the website says the realese date on july 6 not june 6

#18 of 298 OFFLINE   David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 983 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted June 10 2008 - 10:41 AM

Now I don't know French that well but I was assuming 06 Juin 2008, the date given by the site John shared, was June 6 and 06 juillet 2008, the date given by the site Martin shared, was July 6, which wouldn't make any sense at all as it is a Sunday.

#19 of 298 OFFLINE   MBrousseau

MBrousseau

Stunt Coordinator

• 229 posts

Posted June 10 2008 - 01:02 PM

I just wrote to the internet team in charge of the releases news for DVDSERIES.NET. I pointed out the fact that July 6 is a sunday and that could not be a regular release date. If they answer me back, I will gladly keep you informed.

#20 of 298 OFFLINE   Jdcrackers

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator

• 231 posts

Posted June 11 2008 - 01:40 AM

I so hope they finish releasing BW before my father passes away...He has Lou Lou Gehrig's Disease...hope I spelled that right... and he wants to see the all... we have watched every single episode every weekend when i am from work... I just can't wait to see the last 2 seasons come out... Posted Image Hopefully Season 7 will come out by Christmas!
Liz finally got her star in 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users