Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Marlene Dietrich DVDs On Region 1??

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Krister_

Krister_

Stunt Coordinator

• 152 posts

Posted May 11 2008 - 07:23 AM

Hi guys, Does anyone have any info about if we will ever get a Collection with Marlene Dietrich movies on DVD?? I hope so much that we will get as much releases on DVD as the wonderful Bette Davis gets. I hope so much that someone knows anything about this
Sincerely/Krister

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Richard--W

Richard--W

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted May 11 2008 - 07:39 AM

Try this:

Amazon.com: Marlene Dietrich - The Glamour Collection (Morocco/ Blonde Venus/ The Devil Is a Woman/ Flame of New Orleans/ Golden Earrings): Marlene Dietrich, Bruce Cabot, Roland Young, Mischa Auer, Andy Devine, Frank Jenks, Eddie Quillan, Laura Hope

and these:

Amazon.com: marlene dietrich - DVD: Movies & TV

and these imports of titles unavailable in the USA; try to ignore a few anamolies that snuck into the list:

Xploited Cinema: Advanced Search Results

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Krister_

Krister_

Stunt Coordinator

• 152 posts

Posted May 11 2008 - 07:55 AM

Thanks so much Richard for your info. You are the best Posted Image
Sincerely/Krister

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Irina

Irina

Second Unit

• 330 posts

Posted May 23 2008 - 09:54 AM

Keep in mind that the ones referred in Xploited Cinema are region 2 French editions. This would justify getting a region-free DVD player.

For an ultimate Marlene Dietrich surprise, get this UK Dietrich collection. It contains Shanghai Express - the only official DVD edition of this masterpiece to date (not counting semi-bootleg and inferior Russian Film Prestige edition):

Amazon.co.uk: Marlene Dietrich: Marlene Dietrich: DVD

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Corey

Corey

Screenwriter

• 1,412 posts

Posted May 23 2008 - 10:53 AM

I hope Universal releases another Glamour collection for her as well as Claudette Colbert, Veronica Lake, Dorothy Lamour, and Paulette Goddard.
Corey's most wanted R1 dvds:

Little Darlings (1980), My Cousin Rachel (1952), The Deep Blue Sea (1955), The White Cliffs of Dover (1944), Born to Be Bad (1950), Ivy (1947), Reckless (1935), Springtime in the Rockies (1942), The Barretts of Wimpole Street

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Driver

Driver

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted November 14 2008 - 12:34 PM

Does anyone have an update on this?

Believe it or not we now have an eighteen disc set in the UK, but I'd prefer to get it on NTSC so that the films play at the correct speed...

I don't understand why it hasn't been released in the US - could there be distribution rights issues with some of the films(?) e.g. Shanghai Express which has never had a US DVD release.

Marlene Dietrich: Movie Collection DVD | Movie Mail UK | DVDs and Blu-ray films direct

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users