Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Music in MP3

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   MartinShaver

MartinShaver

Agent

• 29 posts

Posted May 07 2008 - 10:44 AM

I converted all my music from cds to MP3's and have a problem. There is volume differences between albums and would like to keep everything uniform. Is there a program out there that you guys use to adjust this?

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   FeisalK

FeisalK

Screenwriter

• 1,245 posts

Posted May 08 2008 - 01:35 AM

Replay Gain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

hth
>
DVD-A registry for hirez/surround audio
Bluray, DVD-Audio, DAD/HDAD, DualDisc, MVI

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,629 posts

Posted May 10 2008 - 03:32 AM

I've been doing it myself. I have music playing a lot on shuffle and when a song comes through that is too high or low, i find the entire album and adjust it in iTunes. It has been simpler than I expected, even with 1,100 albums, since most don't really need it. The app linked above sounds promising though. The "Sound Check" in iTunes is worthless, especially if you listen to anything other than Pop music.

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 10,421 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted May 13 2008 - 03:37 AM

does this adjustment effect the mix or anything at all? I just bump the volume up or down on my player.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   dberthia

dberthia

Stunt Coordinator

• 92 posts

Posted May 13 2008 - 04:49 AM

If you're not concerned with video and don't buy things through the iTunes store, I highly suggest ditching iTunes and trying MediaMonkey. I recently made the switch, and have not regretted it for a minute. It supports iPod synching, volume leveling, and a number of other features not present in iTunes. No, I have no vested interest in promoting them, other than I've found it a much more satisfying experience than iTunes.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 10,421 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted May 13 2008 - 09:58 AM

I use Mediamonkey for cleaning up tags and converting formats. A good piece of software.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users