Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Law & Order: The Original Series - What Happened to the DVD's?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted May 02 2008 - 08:43 AM

I'm really pissed. While the other sequel Law and Order shows continue to bump out their season sets one after another, why has the studio abandoned the core series, which still has an attractive audience?

It seems as if after Season 5 was released, the studio just stopped releasing the first series in favor of other shows as L&O: CI and L&O: SVU.

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Jay_B!

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted May 02 2008 - 10:03 AM

well, I personally think SVU's a much better series, and one that is more character driven. But that's just me. I've watched maybe a handful of L&O episodes but watch SVU whenever I can.

Anyways, isn't season 7 of the original series due to be released soon? it seems like they're going slower because it has twice as many seasons than SVU and even more than that than CI.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   nikkif99uk

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor

• 984 posts

Posted May 02 2008 - 10:55 AM

I hope they release more soon I love this show as well as SVU and CI. I also own Trial By Jury. Still need to get my hands on Conviction though

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted May 03 2008 - 04:08 AM

I want the original series ... SVU and CI really sucks ... I don't like those sequel shows. I feel the same way about CSI. The original show is awesome but the Miami and New York series bites.

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   munnp001

munnp001

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted July 22 2008 - 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_B!
well, I personally think SVU's a much better series, and one that is more character driven. But that's just me. I've watched maybe a handful of L&O episodes but watch SVU whenever I can.

Anyways, isn't season 7 of the original series due to be released soon? it seems like they're going slower because it has twice as many seasons than SVU and even more than that than CI.

Where did you hear season 7 is due to be released soon?

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   LizH

LizH

Second Unit

• 348 posts

Posted July 22 2008 - 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Talmadge
I want the original series ... SVU and CI really sucks ... I don't like those sequel shows.

Det. Goren's ... dramatic pauses ... are almost as bad ... as Captain Kirk's. Posted Image

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Mary_P

Mary_P

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted July 22 2008 - 11:38 AM

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the fact that Season 6 contains the first of three episodes that are crossovers with "Homicide: Life on the Street." What will Universal do with this? Include the HLOTS eps as bonuses? (The HLOTS season sets did not include the L&O parts; the complete series boxset did.) Drop those episodes altogether? All three stories conclude on HLOTS, so I don't imagine they'll put them on these sets if they can't provide the conclusions as well.

Just wondering if this could be a factor in what seems like a delay in this series' releases.

Mary

Forum Nav Content I Follow