-

Photo

X-Box loses another exclusive

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#1 of 42 OFFLINE   Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,145 posts

Posted November 29 2001 - 12:04 PM

I just know I'm gonna get it for that title...

I know you could all probably care less, but now Shrek will be on the GameCube.

http://gamespot.com/....828715,00.html

#2 of 42 OFFLINE   Butch Smith

Butch Smith

Stunt Coordinator

• 52 posts

Posted November 29 2001 - 01:20 PM

Since when is Shrek an XBOX exlusive?

If you mean where it says "ONLY ON XBOX", that's true..
because it's only avalable on Xbox!

I might be mistaken, but I don't ever remember seeing that it was only going to be for Xbox. mainly because it's Shrek, and that has a huge liscensing juggernaut behind it. they will put this game, or variations of it, on any system they can.

or, morgan is a glutton for punishment....
"I just know I'm gonna get it for that title'
See, you DO know that you are just trying to troll. If you knew people would get upset, WHY DID YOU POST?!?!

#3 of 42 OFFLINE   Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets

Screenwriter

• 2,371 posts

Posted November 29 2001 - 01:45 PM

Of course if you were to turn the thread title around to another slant, the title of the thread could have been "Gamecube gets yet another kiddie title" Posted Image

#4 of 42 OFFLINE   Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter

• 1,221 posts

Posted November 29 2001 - 01:50 PM

Actually I heard that in order to stay away from the kiddie image, Nintendo is changing the game a bit. Instead of Shrek, you control Ron Jeremy, and basically the game is just running around banging people. Posted Image
"I don't remember much..... Uhhhh...."

#5 of 42 OFFLINE   Shawn O

Shawn O

Stunt Coordinator

• 192 posts

Posted November 29 2001 - 02:12 PM

Quote:
you control Ron Jeremy, and basically the game is just running around banging people
Do they have a VR version? Posted Image

#6 of 42 OFFLINE   Butch Smith

Butch Smith

Stunt Coordinator

• 52 posts

Posted November 29 2001 - 03:03 PM

And I heard that it comes with a new "Special Edition" easy-grip controller... with only two buttons... two LARGE buttons Posted Image

#7 of 42 OFFLINE   Michael St. Clair

Michael St. Clair

Producer

• 6,009 posts

Posted November 29 2001 - 03:03 PM

And I remember when Toshinden was a PSX exclusive.

Then it ended up on the Saturn.

This is the nature of the business. I can't imagine why anybody would dedicate a thread to this subject unless they wanted to get attention for themselves by starting a flamewar.

Whatever. Posted Image

ps Shrek sucks. The game, that is.

#8 of 42 OFFLINE   Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor

• 935 posts

Posted November 29 2001 - 05:38 PM

That's hardly a loss, the reviews for the Xbox version were poor, at best. What was the last good game adapted from a movie, or vice versa, anyway?

#9 of 42 OFFLINE   Mike_G

Mike_G

Screenwriter

• 1,446 posts

Posted November 29 2001 - 06:05 PM

Morgan,
Please show us where Shrek was an XBox exclusive? There's no evidence to suggest this. Therefore, you're pretty much lying, XBox didn't lose an exclusive.

By the way, what was the "other" exclusive?

Mike

#10 of 42 OFFLINE   MikeM

MikeM

Screenwriter

• 1,207 posts

Posted November 29 2001 - 10:29 PM

In fairness to Morgan, this link from May touts Shrek as an "Xbox Exclusive".

Again, I don't care, but if you search for the words "Shrek XBox Exclusive" on Yahoo, quite a few hits pop up, suggesting that at one time or another, this really was an "exclusive" title.

Then again, me no care. Posted Image

#11 of 42 OFFLINE   Mike_G

Mike_G

Screenwriter

• 1,446 posts

Posted November 30 2001 - 01:02 AM

That was May. Six months ago.

I'm going by the "Only on XBox" logo which I have yet to see on a screenshot of a Shrek cover. I haven't been to a store yet to check, but without that logo on release, it's open game on platform availability.

Mike

#12 of 42 OFFLINE   Calvin Watts III

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor

• 920 posts

Posted November 30 2001 - 02:36 AM

[rant]You know,I'm really starting to get tired of all this console bashing crap.[/rant]

Quote:
Please show us where Shrek was an XBox exclusive? There's no evidence to suggest this. Therefore, you're pretty much lying, XBox didn't lose an exclusive.

Mike, IGN has info there. Shrek was touted at E3 as an exclusive title. It was even mentioned as such,if I remember correctly, in the Official XBox Magazine.

It doesn't matter what it says on the box. At one time it WAS an Xbox exclusive, and now it is not. Xbox fangeeks,get over yourselves.

Quote:
By the way, what was the "other" exclusive?

Try plural - both Cel Damage & the upcoming Malice were at one time both Xbox only. Heck, the first Xbox game shot that I ever saw,along with many other people,because it was all over the news,was Malice.

[rant]If you own & love a GC,good for you. If you love & own a PS2,then good for you. If you love & own a XBox, well then good for you too. Everyone has different opinions. Some might prefer some other systems over others. That is okay. Slamming people who don't think the way that you do is not. PERIOD.[/rant]

I am not trying to defend Morgan. My point is simple. Everyone can make good posts, and decent contributations to this forum, if they think about what they are going to post. Everyone would do well to remember that.....

Calvin

#13 of 42 OFFLINE   Mike_G

Mike_G

Screenwriter

• 1,446 posts

Posted November 30 2001 - 03:35 AM

Quote:
Mike, IGN has info there. Shrek was touted at E3 as an exclusive title.

six months ago

If Shrek doesn't have "Only on XBox" on the cover, then I don't see why this would come as a surprise to anyone.

Mike

#14 of 42 OFFLINE   Shawn O

Shawn O

Stunt Coordinator

• 192 posts

Posted November 30 2001 - 04:17 AM

Isn't that what exclusive means these days,exclusive only for a certain time period.

#15 of 42 OFFLINE   John Berggren

John Berggren

Producer

• 3,245 posts

Posted November 30 2001 - 05:52 AM

More importantly, Nintendo is getting another confirmed 3rd party based on the strength of system sales. Good for me. I want more games!

Now if more X-box "exclusives" would just fall to Gamecube faster....
Support the fight against Multiple Sclerosis as I ride in the 2007 MS 150 in New Bern this September.

Be a Widescreen Advocate

#16 of 42 OFFLINE   Steve Clark

Steve Clark

Second Unit

• 283 posts

Posted November 30 2001 - 02:06 PM

Quote:
More importantly, Nintendo is getting another confirmed 3rd party based on the strength of system sales.
No, more importantly, Nintendo is getting another kiddie game when some are trying to suggest GC is not targeted for kids. No, more importantly, Nintendo is getting XBox's scraps (one of its most lowly rated games).

I could not imagine anyone coming to Morgan's defense in this thread. The title of the thread is inflammatory considering the source. Why not title the thread "Shrek coming to the GC" and then within the post mention that you thought at one time or another it was an XBox exclusive? If you are Morgan and you know you have used up all your goodwill with most XBox fans at this forum and have been warned by administrators to cut out the flaming and trolling, why oh why title a thread this way?

#17 of 42 OFFLINE   Camp

Camp

Screenwriter

• 2,303 posts

Posted November 30 2001 - 02:28 PM

Quote:
No, more importantly, Nintendo is getting another kiddie game when some are trying to suggest GC is not targeted for kids. No, more importantly, Nintendo is getting XBox's scraps (one of its most lowly rated games).

That statement is just as one-sided and fanboy-ish as Morgan's. Don't try to rise above him if you're going to respond with the same crap.

#18 of 42 OFFLINE   Steve Clark

Steve Clark

Second Unit

• 283 posts

Posted November 30 2001 - 03:48 PM

Quote:
That statement is just as one-sided and fanboy-ish as Morgan's. Don't try to rise above him if you're going to respond with the same crap.
You calling my statement crap when it is true is just as inflammatory as Morgan's thread title. Others had quoted in the thread that the game sucks and had gotten reviews. My point was that it is no big deal that XBox was losing the exclusive because of the low quality of the game.

#19 of 42 OFFLINE   Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,145 posts

Posted November 30 2001 - 04:17 PM

I'm sorry if anyone took offense to my thread, but I was just showing that another X-Box exclusive (or what had been called an exclusive) was lost. If the game had been a GameCube exclusive, I would have probably started the thread, too.

I was not making this thread to point out the lack of exclusive X-Box games, but rather because its news and just shows a trend of games going from X-Box to another console. This hasn't happened on the GameCube as much (PS2 games had been announced as X-Box games before they were released more often than not), but I wasn't pointing that out.

I never said anything bad about the X-Box, so why would you assume that I was? If anything, it degenerated into a flamer war more than having started out as one.

#20 of 42 OFFLINE   Marvin Richardson

Marvin Richardson

Supporting Actor

• 750 posts

Posted November 30 2001 - 05:13 PM

No, your point was the same tired rhetoric Nintendo fans have been hearing for years...

Quote:
No, more importantly, Nintendo is getting another kiddie game when some are trying to suggest GC is not targeted for kids.

As though a "mature" game automatically equates to "quality" while "kiddie" only equates to "garbage."

Your post is just as bad as Morgan's...and I'm definitely not one to come to his defense. His anti-Xbox comments get on even a devout GC fans nerves.

Back to Archived Threads 2001-2004

Forum Nav Content I Follow