What's new

Help with Denon AVR-2805 (1 Viewer)

serds

Auditioning
Real Name
Nick
So I finally bought some speakers this weekend and have been trying to hook them up to my receiver for two days now with no success. My receiver is a Denon AVR-2805 and the speakers are Klipsch Quintet SLs.

Here is what I have tried:

Hooked a speaker into the center channel as well as front R and L channels on the RX and tried to get the test tone to output. No luck. I can hear faint static from the speakers when they are connected but can't get any sound to come out of them no matter what the input source on the receiver is (DVD, PS2, Tuner, etc)

Yes, the receiver is plugged in
No, the volume on the receiver isn't turned all the way down
No, I haven't had speakers hooked up to the receiver in the past
Yes, I am sure the speakers work, I hooked them up to an old stereo
No, the speaker wire isn't the problem

At this point I am out of ideas. I've consulted the manual and as far as I can tell I have done everything in there that I need to to set the speakers up. If there is anyone out there who's got the same receiver and can give me some pointers as to what the hell I am doing wrong or if there is some setting on the receiver that needs to be tripped to get sound to output to the speakers, I would greatly appreciate it.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Make sure your A/B speaker switch is set to "A", if you connected the speakers to the "A" set of connections, on back of receiver.
Also, double check to make sure the "Mute" button hasn't been pushed by accident. Two things easily overlooked............ :)

JimJasper

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
Serds, I have a 2805 (and love it). I'm guessing you have the speakers set up fine. With the remote:
  • First, make sure the power is off.
  • Second, on manual page 58, step 2, on the remote, make sure you push the "[AMP] CD/MD" button.
  • Next, to power up the rx, on the remote, near the top right, push the "ON" button under "Zone 1 [MAIN]"
For some reason that AMP button needs to be selected first.

Still, nothing?
  • Then on that page 58 do step 5 by toggling through the front speakers to make sure those are correct.
  • Still nothing? Then on page 59, step 2 make sure you toggle through "mode" and have it set at "auto."

Those are the top three things that have messed me up and caused confusion when I first got the receiver.

Try that?

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks