What's new

Will Vega$ Ever Be Released? (1 Viewer)

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
I meant to post this earlier,but never had the time.On April 18,Bart Braverman was on GSN Live.Seeing him(he looks like he gained a lot of weight and now has grey/white hair and a goatee) reminded me that I want Vega$ released on DVD.I've done a bit of research ,and unless I've missed something,all of Aaron Spelling's shows,up until Vega$,have either been released,or will be soon.So what do other members think?Will Vega$ be released,or will it be skipped over in favor of the next Spelling show that came after it?I personally,think it will be released,but you never know.

beatlejam

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim Otto
"Vegas" is on my "most wanted" unreleased list, too! Great show!

Does Sony own the rights, as they do with some other Spelling shows ("Charlie's Angels," "Hart to Hart")? If so, I doubt we'll ever see "Vegas," as Sony has been very weak in TV releases in recent years (not even finishing yet the two shows I just mentioned).

Regarding Bart Braverman on game shows, I enjoyed seeing him on the "Match Game" DVD set, which captured him in his "Vegas" days. Good stuff!

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
This is one of the few shows left on my unreleased want list aswell. It would be great to see Vega$ and Spenser: For Hire released on the same day. Hopefully someday. Maybe VEI in canada can get the rights to these. They are only 3 seasons each.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Count me in on wanting both Vega$ and Spenser. Also, how about releasing the 2nd (& final) season of S.W.A.T.??

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
True.Paramount has been putting out more older and rarer titles that I'm sure the other studios wouldn't even think about releasing.If Paramount does end up releasing Vega$,I wonder if it would it be released in volumes or a complete season set.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano

Vegas was a great show. I am also hoping that the rest of S.W.A.T. will come to dvd.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Some encouraging news for Vega$ fans- according to the Paramount syndication bible via an update on 3/16, Season 1 of the series is being transferred to HD. Typically when we have seen this with other Paramount series, it generally means a DVD release is coming within 6 months or so.

While not a definite confirmation, this is certainly a positive sign.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Very Nice, now let's hope this materializes into a release!

Are they only converting S1 ? not S2 & S3 aswell ?

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
CBS Syndication Bible reports that the transfer of S1 to HD is finished including the series pilot which is not made available in the regular syndication package. That would indicate a DVD release is all but assured.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Another vote from me, would be great news! One of TV's coolest PIs, and he had the coolest gun too. Much preferred it to "Spenser", btw.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
Not to sound like a wet blanket,but the syndication bible states This series has not been transferred into HD.But the next line says Network HD 4x3 (Pilot + Season 1,23 epsodes total).I don't know what to make of that.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
It means that the Pilot and S1 have been transferred to HD and that all they've failed to do is make the adjustment to say the show has been partially transferred to HD. The entry for "The Fugitive" has a similar error in that it says the transfer of S3 of that show is in progress but then on the next line says that episodes 1-90 are finished in this process which means all of S3.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks